Quantcast

They caught the Bitch who "Hit and ran" me!

splat

Nam I am
I got a Call from the Ashland police department.

they caught the woman who hit me on my Bike back on Sept 21.

They got an anyomous Tip on there tip line , followed up and it was the person.

the Officer wanted to know if I had any medical Bills or damage to my Bike or clothing that I needed to be re-imburst for , and I had to be honest I didn't really. but he was like nothing I really want them to pay at least a little ( something about damaging property in a hit and run , where is Manimal when you need him ) because as he put it, she was not the nicest person to deal with when they approached her.

so we decided she will reimburse me to replace my Jersey that got soiled when I crashed. along with In all likely hood a years Probation.

according to the Person , she knew she hit something , but didn't know what
, apparently she does not have a Good driving record.

I am so thrilled !

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I know I probably should, But I just don't feel Right like its Bad Mojo. I got away with no real Injuries and no real damage to my bike. I mean it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
Yeah but she hit you with her car. are you. even the cops want you to get a lil something.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Too bad you can't give 'er the ole falcon punch now...
-edit- I think its something they should consider, "too poor to pay? Don't want to go through the hassle of getting the shaft from the gubment? Choose a punch to the genitals instead".

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Didn't her car give you herpes?
Herpes, my friend, is forever...
And forever pays like a mother fvcker!

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
I know I probably should, But I just don't feel Right like its Bad Mojo. I got away with no real Injuries and no real damage to my bike. I mean it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
I feel ya on the Karma thing. The only thing that would really make me happy in this situation would be for her to actually spend a few days in the slammer. Probation is not going to make me feel better.Probation is not going to stop that lady from doing anything. She will be right back on the road mowing down cyclist with in a few days. Take her Drivers License PERMANENTLY.....now that would be justice.
People who "Hit ans Run" should be given a blindfold and a smoke IMO.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm with stupid, a new helmet should be on your list, but good on you for not ringing up the tab...however, a little monetary punishment to her would be nice, even if the money goes to charity or repainting bike lanes or whatever...

Some people only feel pain in their pocketbook...5gs for whacking your shoulder ought to teach her a lesson, in addition to spending some community service time repainting bike lanes herself or serving as a crossing guard or volunteering at a cycling event....

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Didn't she blowout the rear shock on your mountain bike? ;-)

Actually, can't you mention to have her donate some $$ to MassBike or something?

Did you ride or drive to work the next couple days? $$ you needed to pay for the difference in driving vs riding to work? Tolls gas etc?

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
I'm hoping she also got her license revoked?
like that's ever stopped someone from driving. plus the cop said her driving record isn't the greatest. i think house arrest with an ankle bracelet would work since by the time her case got to court they'll give her time served type crap.

falcon punch or piihb would work, but i'm all for retribution. splat gets to hit her with a car and she can experience what it was like.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Glad to see there are still some honest people still in this world SPLAT. Im glad they caught her. I think you should get a little for your wasted time and suffering, oh and your jersey.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good on you for not inflating the damages :thumb: there's not much i hate more in this country than people who milk the system. I can't tell you how many wrecks i've been to where the driver is out of the car when i arrive and then suddenly jumps back in the driver seat holding his neck when they see me.
to me, maintaining your character is much more important than making a quick buck off of this idiot driver.