Quantcast

Things I learned today at the bike store...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
send me your hubs and hoops from now on, I will build your wheels, I got chicken blood, black candles, a pentagram on the floor and all the goodies
Wheel building is black magic! Black magic I tells ya!!!!!!

And man could my wheels use a great witch doctor. 3 fronts, 2 rears - all need repair/work.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My shop hooks me up on a lot of things. I'm one of the few guys who brings them beer after, and I am the only DH guy they have come in. I wrench on the 303 on my own, but wheels are black magic to me.

And in this case, it pays if they carry me to the end of the season. GFF, be ready after the end of this season for two king hubs and some 823's to show up on your doorstep.

$60/hr. Welcome to SF. Isht is expensive here.
$58 in the Burlington, VT area to have a 32 spoke wheel re-laced with new spokes in the past couple of weeks.

Wheel building is black magic! Black magic I tells ya!!!!!!

And man could my wheels use a great witch doctor. 3 fronts, 2 rears - all need repair/work.
Beat on them with a mace.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wow, went in to get my wheels.

Final Cost: $0.00

Just looked at me, said "happy birthday" and handed me my wheels.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was pretty damn excited by it as I am dead broke right now.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Seeing as they replaced 14 spokes, a bunch of nipples, tore down and rebuilt the rear wheel with spoke prep, and everything is now better, I would have taken a shot in the mouth for that.

I think that might qualify me for the gay for pay tag from my ass shaving thread.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
With or without a load of man sauce?

Next time I need wheels, you're on. How are you at road wheels?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Do you feel your 3000th was put to good use?

Went for a road ride today. Wheels were flexing when I was cranking up the hill in my crit lap. Can you build me something strong and fast?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I went back in with a bottle of Patrone that I am not going to be drinking as I've gone back on the wagon again. They jumped for joy, literally.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
Seeing as they replaced 14 spokes, a bunch of nipples, tore down and rebuilt the rear wheel with spoke prep, and everything is now better, I would have taken a shot in the mouth for that.

I think that might qualify me for the gay for pay tag from my ass shaving thread.
I guess this is becoming a "barter" economy. :eek: