Quantcast

Thirstday (○)(●)£

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I was at the PD for work last night. Dept was split into two groups: one had my plans, other had pension. My guys stayed until almost 9pm, including having the guys from the pension side coming to my room to hear about the account that they can get through me. I was going to have a slow rest of the week and some days throttled back through the month, but not anymore.

I also found out that one of our retail guys convinced somebody to move a bunch of money out of his account, while still actively working. It will detonate his Social Security. Second person I have come across with this in 2 weeks. I'm getting management involved later. I hate slimy financial industry people.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello! Trade show in boston yesterday. Pretty fun representing a 3 person company, trying to strike up new collaborations and partnerships. Traffic was awful- there's a good reason I don't do that regularly.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Okay followup to my "call google" comment from yesterday. They have been searching for hours and hours and they found some phone number in a forum thread from 6 years ago and they would like me to sit in on a conference call to whoever the fuck this is. This is getting so good. I thought this week was gonna be boring.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Okay followup to my "call google" comment from yesterday. They have been searching for hours and hours and they found some phone number in a forum thread from 6 years ago and they would like me to sit in on a conference call to whoever the fuck this is. This is getting so good. I thought this week was gonna be boring.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept through my effing alarm and I'm facing a busy day. triple shot of espresso is called for.

On the lighter side, the Fly Fishing Club put on a pot luck dinner last night, Good BBQ, Tri Tip and Chicken, lots of sides, and omg such good home made desserts. Got home way too late from the party and I know I'm going to be dragging by this afternoon. But it was worth it. :neo:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
little guy is back to school now that his strep throat is under control and his ruptured ear drum isn't leaking as much fluid... house is sooooo quiet.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
IMG_4533.jpeg

Some of you may appreciate this shirt I picked up. These guys do cloud integration for large data sets from gene sequencing and integrate it with your ELN. They also apparently make fucking rad metal T shirts. I guess "Ganymeade" is jupiter's biggest moon, but the shirt is dope.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
hello! Trade show in boston yesterday. Pretty fun representing a 3 person company, trying to strike up new collaborations and partnerships. Traffic was awful- there's a good reason I don't do that regularly.
I’ve been holding down the carpet at MD&M West (Aftermarket body parts & tools tradeshow) this week. This will likely be the last show my employer does, bc the return is considerably less than it was 5 years ago…

Dragged my bike to sunny SoCal to ride - overheard someone say we’ve gotten 13” of rain this week.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Okay, it was some accounting contracting company who were very very confused why we calling them. They managed to get handed off to someone in the back and that guy told us he wouldn't confirm what the company has to do with google and he DEFINITELY wasn't going to provide contact info for anyone else. The guy clearly thought we were insane and I don't blame him. They have been stymied and I can't wait to see what kind of clueless boomer tactics they come up with next.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Hit a giant fucking pothole in the dark, in a construction zone on the way home last night. Front driver's side tire now has two sidewall bulges. :banghead:. If I'm lucky, the tire is the only thing that is fucked.
I used to insure a town and we got claims of this sort often. Not sure it would be worth your while, but you could call and harass to town to see if they will compensate

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Was able to squeeze in a nice ride yesterday. Was hard to get motivated with the cold temp and gloomy sky. Barely got wet for 10 minutes.

Seems we might get a window of opportunity for Sedona next week.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's only fucking Thursday, wow. Day 8 past our end of month plan for release and my box is still blowing up. At least they changed the timeout message from milliseconds to minutes. This time it was 346.95 minutes, which is much easier to understand than 20817243 ms. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Okay, it was some accounting contracting company who were very very confused why we calling them. They managed to get handed off to someone in the back and that guy told us he wouldn't confirm what the company has to do with google and he DEFINITELY wasn't going to provide contact info for anyone else. The guy clearly thought we were insane and I don't blame him. They have been stymied and I can't wait to see what kind of clueless boomer tactics they come up with next.
Bypass Google and go straight to their manager, Alphabet. Fax number = (650) 253-0001.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I’ve been holding down the carpet at MD&M West (Aftermarket body parts & tools tradeshow) this week. This will likely be the last show my employer does, bc the return is considerably less than it was 5 years ago…

Dragged my bike to sunny SoCal to ride - overheard someone say we’ve gotten 13” of rain this week.
I can definitely see why people don't like them, but I think it makes particular sense for little dudes like us. Not sure why the gold standard in lab automation would need a mainstage booth when they are the first choice, but I also met a weird little japanese company that works with the material that we need, so it might pay off.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Lady at work had a fart that wasn't yesterday, cleared out that row of cubes. Luckily, I was outside the fallout zone.

Gonna lay some floor and bust out the trim router today, set the stage so my old man can start scribing skirt boards tomorrow.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I can definitely see why people don't like them, but I think it makes particular sense for little dudes like us. Not sure why the gold standard in lab automation would need a mainstage booth when they are the first choice, but I also met a weird little japanese company that works with the material that we need, so it might pay off.
For us it has been “show up, bc everyone else does.” We do such a halfhearted job of it, that it isn’t worth it.

I think that big or small shows can be worthwhile if you have either a good marketing strategy for the show or something innovative to display. Frankly, 95% of attendees here (us included) have neither…

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:rofl::rofl:

This is gold! "SOMEBODY GET ME MR. GOOGLE ON THE PHONE! *pounds fist on desk*"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

ferried middle child across town to a dermatologist appointment as she's very dry

dropped her off

now wfh from 1-4:45 pm or so but nothing until then

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Its so sunny and nice out I am contemplating throwing all fucks to the wind and doing some trail work.

I've earned it, for sure.

In other news, I discovered the battery powered milk frother and now all my morning coffees have been getting frothed with powdered cocoa mix for the mutha fuckin win!

@Jozz You gonna hit this up on this trip?

Let me live through you! Take pics and soak up the sun.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife's surgery went well. now, we recover. biggest issue seems to he very swollen/sore throat. pt will come this afternoon to try and get her up and walking around. home tomorrow or saturday, assuming all goes well...