Quantcast

THIS IS FINE FRIDAY GMT

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
left work with a migraine yesterday. pain wasn't too bad, but the new meds I got made me dizzy AF and i was having trouble staying upright. Blergh

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Went to a networking event last night, that included a portfolio review by a working professional in my field. The review went well, the reviewer had a few small ideas for improvements but overall the feedback was “This looks great, I think you’re in a good place with this.”

Wound up talking about machine learning and data science with a Freelance product designer and a software engineer who works for Uber. The person from Uber insists that the question isn’t “When do we get self-driving cars?” but rather “Where?”

It was an interesting conversation, and went way past my bedtime. I’m tired today, but that newly opened terrain isn’t going to ski itself so fine, dammit, I’ll do it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
One more sleep until leaving for Jackson Hole. First day skiing will be the day of the World Hand-egg Championship... mayhaps the tram line won't be backed up to Denver.

Giggity.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Interview Friday, yay. Somebody broke the build and I again get to teach them how to find it and resolve it. It's like I didn't even hold 2 days of training last week on this very topic. Hmmm.

I am money well spent, they'll say. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, I don't have a scale, but the weight difference between my old Hozfellers with ISIS bottom bracket and these carbon GXP with bottom bracket. I swear the whole setup is lighter than the gigapipe bottom bracket by itself.

Of course my frame is still 25#, butmy drivetrain is light!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also, I don't have a scale, but the weight difference between my old Hozfellers with ISIS bottom bracket and these carbon GXP with bottom bracket. I swear the whole setup is lighter than the gigapipe bottom bracket by itself.

Of course my frame is still 25#, butmy drivetrain is light!
yea the weight on those things was insane. just the crank arms weighed in the 600g range, and even alloy cranks now weight that or less including the spindle.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
yea the weight on those things was insane. just the crank arms weighed in the 600g range, and even alloy cranks now weight that or less including the spindle.
And I think the Hozfellers are lighter than the Hussefelt. I am putting them on Bman's dj bike since I can't get one pedal out of the boss.

$78 for the carbon cranks and bottom bracket. I still need to send my fork to Fox, that's next.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Random question of the day, anybody been on holiday in Nicaragua? Not as a mule but more so to enjoy the coast particularly by Playa Santana?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Last night was ride night. Apparently the managers of the park we ride in went in to clear out downed trees on on trails that are going to be legitimized next year. They went in on a ski-doo, and essentially groomed the best descents in the park. They also must have done this while it was warm out, as the track was firm and set. Holy shit, was it ever awesome. I think it was the most fun I've had on my fatbike yet. Fast, flowy and firm, with lots of little undulations and natural risers. I'd put the flats on because it was cold (approx 7°F), and was just having fun lifting, lofting, and sliding all over the place.

Unless something urgent comes up, I should be leaving work early today to go spend the night at buddy's off-grid, no road access cottage shed tonight.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am working today. 2 days of honest work in a week is srs bznss

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
THAT'S NOT NORMAL
The side windows don't seal. The Corvette was designed to be garage kept and I don't have room. As long as I sop it up before I drive away, it's fine.

My front tires are about a foot and a half above the back when parked. So all the water drains to the back.