Quantcast

thursday gfmt

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy ppls

not working today. Getting recall work done on PHEV minivan, donating blood, maybe doing some research work

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still frozen and somehow Safeway and Walmart both lost power momentarily yesterday. More WFH and I actually have stuff to do. Should be good. If I play my cards right, I might even get lucky later today, but the wife could be teasing. I hope not, dammit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Running tally as daughter's favorite parent:

Me - 2 years, 4 months, 2 days
My wife - 14 days

So things are going just swell around here.
older brother

going on 16 years and 15 years with 2 kids....

his wife....as far as i can tell....0

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Acknowledge with one ping only please

had to don the chains yesterday just to be able to get groceries since it looks like there will be no travel for the uhaul today as well. Looks as if stuff is starting to ease up but the app shows a ton of shit closed still

in other news,

I had to but a pan and spatula in order to cook meals, everything was packed

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:wave:

Running tally as daughter's favorite parent:

Me - 2 years, 4 months, 2 days
My wife - 14 days

So things are going just swell around here.
Mine was about 14 years to 0 until "the change". Still don't fully get what happened, but I still hold out she will come back around. I at least want to know exactly what transpired before the 911 call about my bag of weed. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sitrep.
Day 11 of fending for ourselves and the DSO, myself and house are in one piece. Wife is scheduled to return tomorrow, so just need to sweep later today.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sitrep.
Day 11 of fending for ourselves and the DSO, myself and house are in one piece. Wife is scheduled to return tomorrow, so just need to sweep later today.
back in the day of dogsitting 15 dogs....final sweep of house....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Story time, Unca Jimmy!! :D
It was my weekend, it was also blues fest. The little said she didn't want to go, so the wife and I went to see Buddy Guy. It was fucking Buddy Guy. Awesome show. Text little that we are headed home.

Pull up to the house, 2 cop cars are there and cops on the porch talking to little. I can't park in the driveway (cops blocking), so I park at the neighbors and walk up.

Cop says little called because she found a bag of weed in my toolbox in the garage. Not on the table, or laid out somewhere, but hidden in the back of a drawer in my tool box in the garage. The story is she was looking for the duct tape I told her I didn't have. The ex knew where I kept my stash, she knew what she was looking for, found it and called 911. Fucking 911 for a bag of weed. The ex should be fined for wasting resources for non emergency.

Plot twist, recreational weed had been legal for 6 months, so there was no crime. But the cops said they had never had a kid snitch on a parent before, so they had to come check it out. :rofl:

They also said that my driving was questionable so I wasn't allowed to move my car until morning.

/coolstorybro

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It was my weekend, it was also blues fest. The little said she didn't want to go, so the wife and I went to see Buddy Guy. It was fucking Buddy Guy. Awesome show. Text little that we are headed home.

Pull up to the house, 2 cop cars are there and cops on the porch talking to little. I can't park in the driveway (cops blocking), so I park at the neighbors and walk up.

Cop says little called because she found a bag of weed in my toolbox in the garage. Not on the table, or laid out somewhere, but hidden in the back of a drawer in my tool box in the garage. The story is she was looking for the duct tape I told her I didn't have. The ex knew where I kept my stash, she knew what she was looking for, found it and called 911. Fucking 911 for a bag of weed. The ex should be fined for wasting resources for non emergency.

Plot twist, recreational weed had been legal for 6 months, so there was no crime. But the cops said they had never had a kid snitch on a parent before, so they had to come check it out. :rofl:

They also said that my driving was questionable so I wasn't allowed to move my car until morning.

/coolstorybro
Narc

Sounds like the ex poisoned her mind.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY. I "turned on" our 11,000 employee W2's in the payroll system this morning. No matter how much I test, balance, and reconcile, flipping on that switch is always stressful. As far as my own taxes go, I gave my form to my wife, and so now I consider my taxes filed.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Narc

Sounds like the ex poisoned her mind.
True story. She pulled her out of school half way into that next year. I got a call from the school saying she hadn't been there for 24 consecutive days. The little nor the ex would take my call when I heard. The school called back and said it was fine, they were moving to Idaho.

The ex put in the divorce 45 days notice before moving more than 50 miles. The school notified me 18 days before she moved. No fucks were given by the court. She "lost her phone" after the move and we really haven't spoken much since. I wasn't allowed to visit in Idaho, they moved back a year later.

We have spoken at Lil Man's birthday the last two years. It's been awkward but she doesn't take calls or answers texts. She didn't come to Finley's first, so that sucked.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also a standard roll of duct tape can not fit in the small drawer I used to keep my weed in FYI. There was zero reason to look in the very back of that drawer.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I really need to fix my office chair. It isn't fully supported and the cheap frame broke, so if you try to sit back in it it will fall almost all the way back without using the recline mechanism. I've been too cheap, I should get a proper race seat for it.

I spent $70 building it, so not terrible.

PXL_20240118_201832606.jpg

Last edited: