Quantcast

@Thursday GMT@

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got a bike ride planned for Saturday and starting up my membership in the gym this week. Not using this winter to get fat this is what I have the summer time for :-)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it is supposed to be 98 today.

remind me why i came back again....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Okay, fine. I'll go back to Salida and to triple shuttles off the Crest this weekend. Again. If I have to. Okay.

Buddy's birthday is today, he's down near the Monarch Crest and is also the race director of the Monarch Crest Enduro that's happening Satuday / Sunday. He's got like a total of <20 entries, so he's doing the event with as many friends/volunteers to work it as he can so he doesn't lose his ass. So... my job this weekend will be "Course Sweep"... and he's putting the "crew" up in a nice AirBnB condo right downtown, and feeding/beering all of us all weekend for our help.

Mornin!

Wife is off to her first day of work. As I still do not have a job, that means I am being provided for.

I could get used to this.
Perhaps a custom title change to "Kept Man" is in order? Nah... You'll always be the Starshine Bro.

YOU KNOW HOW IT DO!
No I do not how does it do?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I shall pedal my commuter bike in and read some ultrasounds today, I think. And get a flu shot as well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate looking at jobs? Working sucks in general, but looking for it sucks even moar. Got an email for a "lab technician" position for $18/hr with no bennies! Sweet! :rofl:

The new new TV shows up Saturday since the first one came with a hole already in it. FedEx said it came like that, seems legit.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
apparently yesterday was the hottest day of the year here. go home summer, you're drunk.

still holding down tomorrow for some fuckit friday action at wilsons. supposed to ride with a buddy i haven't hung out with in a few years.

now how to make this day go faster . . .

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Heading to VT for some riding tomorrow.

- If we can leave on time, we'll hit Otis Mountain in Elizabethtown (NY) on the way down, then Pine Hill Park in Rutland.
- Saturday we ride at Killington bike park.
- Sunday we drive to Perry Hill, and may hit some shuttle spots after that in Waitsfield (Plum Line and Gumball or Chaingang).
- Monday, if we can hit the road early enough may see us ride Bolton. Or maybe another shuttle or two.

Friday and Saturday night rented a condo close to Killington. Sunday night we stay at the Lareau Farm Inn in Waitfield and will eat at American Flatbread (FTMFW!)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A B-17 I was supposed to fly in a few months ago crashed yesterday killing 7 people.

I ended up in a B-25 because of weather but I remember thinking that I couldn't believe they let people fly in those things after seeing the condition they were in.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
How's the "dictate your own job conditions" project working out, @Westy ?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
@stoney Have Sarah come drive our PacHy some day. Can't lend that one out since we use it. But as a people mover that's easy to get into and has good gas mileage/energy efficiency it's a pretty sweet package. Then you can get a 100 series as well and match my garage perfectly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How's the "dictate your own job conditions" project working out, @Westy ?
Getting transferred to a cushy development gig in a few weeks. Will be working out of Tukwilla now, commute should be 10-15 minutes quicker during my normal commute times but will be a lot worse if I hit normal rush hour.

Will be having a conversation with my boss to ensure my annual review/bonus reflects what I have done this year and not what I can accomplish in a short time in the new position.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
First day at a new to me desk. Got moved out of corner where friends are, kicked and screamed to get an empty office which I forfeited months ago in order to sit among friends. My ability to focus and get shit done has likely increased by at the expense of being isolated.

TL;DR: work sucks

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
- Saturday we ride at Killington bike park.
I am sure you have been there but last week, my favs were the Steel Panther, Krusty and Blue Magic. Don't waste time with the gondola, it still sucks and they aren't really well prepared for bikes anyway.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
A B-17 I was supposed to fly in a few months ago crashed yesterday killing 7 people.

I ended up in a B-25 because of weather but I remember thinking that I couldn't believe they let people fly in those things after seeing the condition they were in.
the lord works in mysterious ways

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am sure you have been there but last week, my favs were the Steel Panther, Krusty and Blue Magic. Don't waste time with the gondola, it still sucks and they aren't really well prepared for bikes anyway.
It's been 5 years, so actually, this is good and welcome advice! thanks.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I almost flew on that plane 2 weeks ago. Walked thru it last year.

Dude I know lost two friends in that crash, his brother let his buddies fly first and was slotted in next flight.

Edit: 1 survived, one ‘missing’.

Last edited: