Quantcast

@Thursday GMT@

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Any of yall ever replaced flashing on a roof?
I have replaced whole roofs. Not sure exactly the flashing you are referring to but often replacing only it and not everything cancanuse more problems. Just go fucking nuts with some tar, heat it up first for extra gooeyness.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney Have Sarah come drive our PacHy some day. Can't lend that one out since we use it. But as a people mover that's easy to get into and has good gas mileage/energy efficiency it's a pretty sweet package. Then you can get a 100 series as well and match my garage perfectly.
Snowball's chance in hell of a minivan. I've positioned the logistics argument of carrying people (what she wants), easy access for her mom (what she wants), fuel efficient/environmentally friendly (what she wants), and she gets a new car in 4 years when the warranty is up (because Chrysler). Doesn't matter, it's a minivan.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have replaced whole roofs. Not sure exactly the flashing you are referring to but often replacing only it and not everything cancanuse more problems. Just go fucking nuts with some tar, heat it up first for extra gooeyness.
yeah I am afraid I am gonna uncover a mess. our house had a garage addedThe rook is connected to teh deck, and water gets into the half-assed roofing job and runs down the front of the garage. already noticing some water damage.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snowball's chance in hell of a minivan. I've positioned the logistics argument of carrying people (what she wants), easy access for her mom (what she wants), fuel efficient/environmentally friendly (what she wants), and she gets a new car in 4 years when the warranty is up (because Chrysler). Doesn't matter, it's a minivan.
At least the 200 series LC that she'll get has a back end indistinguishable from a minivan. The minivan will have won, a tiny bit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
At least the 200 series LC that she'll get has a back end indistinguishable from a minivan. The minivan will have won, a tiny bit.

God damn the OEM snorkels on those and the TRD Pro Tacoma look like shit.

It's like a big, black, mushroom tip thrusting itself out of the engine bay.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tell her it's a people carrier (UK naming for your "mini" vans).

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
drip edge.
I need to tackle it before winter cuz another freeze-thaw will be no bueno
Ice dams from gutters?

Strip minimum of 3-4’ of shingles above drip edge.
Apply Grace Ice & Water shield, replace shingles/install new drip edge (which does nothing to prevent ice dam damage, it just diverts water dripping off edge of roof.)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ice dams from gutters?

Strip minimum of 3-4’ of shingles above drip edge.
Apply Grace Ice & Water shield, replace shingles/install new drip edge (which does nothing to prevent ice dam damage, it just diverts water dripping off edge of roof.)
thanks. its a hillbilly roofing job. no shingles just this shingle looking paper. :angry:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
sounds like rolled asphalt, basically sheet shingles.
Oh I am familiar with that stuff. If it isn't hard and crumbly regular shingles can be laid over top. Before rubberized roofing was available that stuff was often used in valleys and over eaves where ice dams Happen.

Always better to have a complete scratch installation from scratch but if there is no proper drip edge an overlay solution is probably better.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, my PT thinks I *may* have mildly torn my MCL , (not ACL) or just seriously inflamed it. He prescribes rollers or low intensity riding for a few weeks and then reevaluate. Could be worse, it was kind of what I was hoping to hear. Kinda feel like I dodged a bullet.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So, my PT thinks I *may* have mildly torn my ACL, or just seriously inflamed it. He prescribes rollers or low intensity riding for a few weeks and then reevaluate. Could be worse, it was kind of what I was hoping to hear. Kinda feel like I dodged a bullet.
Get an MRI in a month. Trust in imaging, not someone pulling on your knee. :D (and fund new bikes for me and my ilk!)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Get an MRI in a month. Trust in imaging, not someone pulling on your knee. :D (and fund new bikes for me and my ilk!)
We are not anywhere near our deductible, so we may wait until Jan 1 for imaging in order to get a head start for the new year. Until then, I am going to ride the shit out of my rollers. Also, see my correction, mcl, not acl.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Oh I am familiar with that stuff. If it isn't hard and crumbly regular shingles can be laid over top. Before rubberized roofing was available that stuff was often used in valleys and over eaves where ice dams Happen.

Always better to have a complete scratch installation from scratch but if there is no proper drip edge an overlay solution is probably better.
Gotcha, when I hear ‘tar paper’ I think builders felt. The old school house wrap, though I have seen that used as roofing too lol.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gotcha, when I hear ‘tar paper’ I think builders felt. The old school house wrap, though I have seen that used as roofing too lol.
Well TN called it paper. I have seen rednecks use it for final roofing. And it does work for short periods of time.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
A B-17 I was supposed to fly in a few months ago crashed yesterday killing 7 people.

I ended up in a B-25 because of weather but I remember thinking that I couldn't believe they let people fly in those things after seeing the condition they were in.
TRY IT NOW!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's been 5 years, so actually, this is good and welcome advice! thanks.
Can confirm that getting to trails from top of the gondola sucks, unless you like bombing loose rock fire road at mach chicken.

That said, Shreddy was fresh and had sweet berms and jumps.

Cable Trail was also a blast.

Snakebite was also good. Except for the uphill part...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
4 days into diet. I am cranky as fuck. 3 more days to go... I already cheated. No guilt whatsoever...
About 6 weeks in. Feeling pretty stellar. Down a little over 20lbs and at least my work uniform doesn't feel like stuffing a sausage casing every shift now. Just trying to keep it sustainable and eat less and less often and work out. Even though it's not awesome, I've been getting up at 4:30 to hit the gym before work.