Quantcast

}} Thursday? Yes, Thursday {{

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No karts today. They tried to squeeze the girls in between two large reservation groups, but the groups were consistently too slow and they only got further behind. They did ask if I wanted to put Haley into an adult group, but I declined because her friend was with us and the group had a solid "amateur hour" look to it. While watching the race I was glad I didn't. Lots of hard wall hits and collisions from people racing for positions in a timed race. They could have sent her out with a kid cart and she still would have gotten the fastest lap of that cluster fuck.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Went food shopping at Moore Wilsons as the wife is away. Kids and I shall eat bougie for the next few days. Also now having the second best sushi in town for lunch. Not too shabby, although I just realised I forgot to get beer.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so not that I wish (most) people ill but I am not displeased that karma did a final smackdown. We had this one really unhappy nasty client. They would insult, berate, and scream at our drivers. We finally refused to transport them anymore. They got transferred to another provider by the insurance company where after a month or so they also refused service for the same reason. So off they went to provider #3 where they pulled the same shit. In the middle of a profanity laced rant at the driver they suffered a massive heart attack and dropped dead. They will not be missed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so not that I wish (most) people ill but I am not displeased that karma did a final smackdown. We had this one really unhappy nasty client. They would insult, berate, and scream at our drivers. We finally refused to transport them anymore. They got transferred to another provider by the insurance company where after a month or so they also refused service for the same reason. So off they went to provider #3 where they pulled the same shit. In the middle of a profanity laced rant at the driver they suffered a massive heart attack and dropped dead. They will not be missed.
at one of the clinics i worked at in colorado there was a client who bred cavalier king charles spaniels....she was not the nicest person by a longshot...it was rare she was in a good mood...her son had not heard from her in a week or so and he went to go check on her....evidently she had dropped dead at some point and rumor has it became the buffet for her dogs...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
at one of the clinics i worked at in colorado there was a client who bred cavalier king charles spaniels....she was not the nicest person by a longshot...it was rare she was in a good mood...her son had not heard from her in a week or so and he went to go check on her....evidently she had dropped dead at some point and rumor has it became the buffet for her dogs...
:nopity:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had my annual review today. My review went OK. Kind of told my boss what a bad job they were doing. That didn't go over so well.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still haven't gotten Wifey an Xmas gift. Just thought of one... new phone case. Work pays for her cell phone and her old one just paid off. Haley's has a piss poor ringer, so she needs a new one. $52 later, Wifey's got a new phone case and Pixel 6 Pro inbound.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tell his boss that. See how it goes.
We had our annual all-hand's conf call the other day. CEO was really positive about all the raises that have gone out - all less than actual inflation. Was talking to my boss the other day and unintentionally (seriously, was talking about someone else) mentioned that the best part of renegotiating Wifey's employment contract last year was making sure all future raises were at minimum, adjusted YoY to CPI-Denver. Otherwise no guarantees that she'll be getting paid to account for inflation and as an executive, it's more difficult for her to switch between jobs, so we need to make sure that it's accounted for. Totally didn't mean to fire across the bow, but definitely did.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Aaaand…Big O didn’t reset the TPMS.
I put it on the work ticket, asked before they did the work, and then again before they gave me the truck.
This is the fourth time they haven’t done this.
best thing i heard was the last veternarian i worked for cursing at the top of his lungs at the ford dealership who forgot to tighten the drain plug on his diesel excursion for the third time...it leaked alot of oil...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went in for work related event. then went out with a few close riding buddies for "holiday" beers at our dive bar spot. good times. now home eating leftover sushi the fam ordered. win.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Aaaand…Big O didn’t reset the TPMS.
I put it on the work ticket, asked before they did the work, and then again before they gave me the truck.
This is the fourth time they haven’t done this.
So the 2hr drive each way to the Discount Tire in Ammon isn't worth it?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I bought the tires and rims from big O, so wheel swaps are free for life.

But they still tried charging me $140!
I laughed out loud.
Wait, you don't have a jack? They should be able to just reset the TPMS no trouble then.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tell his boss that. See how it goes.
Earlier in the year I asked for funding to so we could start developing actual software for my project instead of the simulation platform I was told to play in, my request was rejected. Last week I had a meeting with our director and flat out told her that the work we were doing was no longer bringing value. I estimated I needed two software engineers and few hunnered grand. Was told to put a proposal together and it would be approved.

I have been actively trying to work around my ineffective manager, so far it is working. It will probably hurt me when it comes to a raise but casual OT has been approved so I can easily make my own raise.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You ever figure out why your old bosses were reaching out?
hope it was all cool.

One wants me to go work for him. The other one seems to have been just trying to promote the business he started. The timing of their messages seem to be a coincidence.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was thinking about going skiing on one of my days off the week after next. Lift ticket for Crystal Mt is $185. LOL nope, gear may go up for sale instead.

Also, fuck ski resorts.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Errr…what?
Bot wheels & tires? So I assume you have summer and winter wheels? So you're just swapping the wheels, not tires? If that's the case, a jack is easy to do it yourself. Then take it to them to reset the TPMS. If they argue it, tell them you can swap them back and you can bring the car back in, so they can fill up a lift, and do it. Or, they can just reset your TPMS.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Earlier in the year I asked for funding to so we could start developing actual software for my project instead of the simulation platform I was told to play in, my request was rejected. Last week I had a meeting with our director and flat out told her that the work we were doing was no longer bringing value. I estimated I needed two software engineers and few hunnered grand. Was told to put a proposal together and it would be approved.

I have been actively trying to work around my ineffective manager, so far it is working. It will probably hurt me when it comes to a raise but casual OT has been approved so I can easily make my own raise.
Sounds like you are going to be management soon, Mazeltov!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spent the 2nd half of the AM up in the woods laying a grout pad for an I-beam. 9 inches of snow on the ground and 15 degrees is shit conditions for mixing and setting grout. I boiled water in a kelly kettle and used it for the grout. Concrete blanket and my red dragon came in handy.

We did the bulk of the work last weekend when the weather was better. We failed to bring a sufficient quantity of grout that go around. The weather is only getting worse. The fisheries people gave me a March 2022 deadline for construction so all the wet work needs to be done. Now winter can set in and we will drag the steel up the road on the ice.

117578.jpeg

From the first day

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
That looks like just gobs of fun!
Once in a blue moon jobs can be fun compared to doing it as an everyday job. This one was not that great but being prepared gets the work done. Pre-heating the concrete, using hot water, mixing a dry-ish grout, and the concrete blanket was everything I could throw at it today. There is going to be a 3/4" thick bearing pad anyway so what the hell.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Was thinking about going skiing on one of my days off the week after next. Lift ticket for Crystal Mt is $185. LOL nope, gear may go up for sale instead.

Also, fuck ski resorts.
Buy an Alpental pass.