Quantcast

+!@$% Thursderp GMT %^&*

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I think I have the best ball control I have ever had
My balls are completely out of control. Teach me your ways

My knee is really bothering me. WTF? Imma take it easy today but if it's like this tomorrow I suppose I should probably see a doctor.
I've had impact injuries to my knees where I think it bruised the meniscus or something. It was shitty for a week or two then went away on it's own. If there was no twisting/popping/tearing you're probably good.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've had impact injuries to my knees where I think it bruised the meniscus or something. It was shitty for a week or two then went away on it's own. If there was no twisting/popping/tearing you're probably good.
Yea, none of that, just and old fashioned whack to the inside of my knee. The only part that seems odd was it didn't really bother me until I tried to run on Wednesday.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
^^^ I've diagnosed your problem. Running sucks ass--stop it.

Seriously though, I think it's pretty easy to irritate the lateral and medial collateral ligaments and/or the tendon insertions of the quads and IT band by banging on the sides of the knee which will then suck when you run. Ice, advil and don't do it if it hurts as with all things. Hope you heal up quickly.

Heh - I hung out where I used to work for the morning - was eating lunch and talking politics with the receptionist and happened to drop the fuck bomb just as a manager I worked with sailed by. She just shook her head. I was never particularly reserved at work...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Yea, none of that, just and old fashioned whack to the inside of my knee. The only part that seems odd was it didn't really bother me until I tried to run on Wednesday.
Sounds like it's either not bad enough to hurt during normal use or it took a few days for whatever is wanged up to swell. Tendons and cartilage have less blood flow than other tissue and sometimes swelling takes a bit.

The doc will likely tell you to HTFU or want to do an MRI. If I were you I'd save the money and see if it goes away after a bit.

^^^ I've diagnosed your problem. Running sucks ass--stop it.

Seriously though, I think it's pretty easy to irritate the lateral and medial collateral ligaments and/or the tendon insertions of the quads and IT band by banging on the sides of the knee which will then suck when you run. Ice, advil and don't do it if it hurts as with all things. Hope you heal up quickly.
Agreed. Although if swelling isn't getting worse new science says don't ice it as it inhibits healing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had an obviously mentally ill boss (the founder) once. It was interesting. I never yelled at anyone before and after that in my career.
i managed a fight club quote too... my director's name is nick. after something my boss said, i replied "nick's words coming through your mouth".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
not in my corporate environment.
If it is not the norm, I have found almost the opposite to be more effective. Talking slow with long pauses with an intense tone of voice. It is easy to dismiss someone being shouty. A strong calm demeanor tends to better own and control the situation. Something I have witnessed some really good master-of-puppets do, have found it to work for me. YMMV.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

While I appreciate my boss moving me out of the bat cave and into a cube, I am parked next to the most annoying female co-worker evar. I am told there are cube shuffles afoot to get teams together, but until then I have to listen to this obnoxious cackle that makes me want to punch her in the throat.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
If it is not the norm, I have found almost the opposite to be more effective. Talking slow with long pauses with an intense tone of voice. It is easy to dismiss someone being shouty. A strong calm demeanor tends to better own and control the situation. Something I have witnessed some really good master-of-puppets do, have found it to work for me. YMMV.
No one where I work would even know how to talk without swearing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not saying swearing is bad, just that there are more effective ways of getting your point across than yelling.

I swear a lot at work, it is not the norm.
the only point i'm trying to get across is that i'm fed up with all the bullshit. my point was heard loud and clear.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
i managed a fight club quote too... my director's name is nick. after something my boss said, i replied "nick's words coming through your mouth".
Don't you hate it when they do that? Someone (usually new) uses some bullshit rhetoric, and a week later, your weak boss is parroting that as if he's always been saying it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I went to see my heart surgeon today and got some good news - I am now free to lift a gallon of milk, drive a car and RIDE A BICYCLE!! I am no longer restricted to walking or the lowest setting on the eliptical trainer. I just have to take it easy and keep my heart rate under 125 until my first rehab session.

Since I have already done my eliptical trainer today I will celebrate by making vegetarian chili with ring of fire peppers and no oil.

Tomorrow I will hike an easy portion of our local trails if they are in good shape mud wise I will ride them on Saturday.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
As your official, non-official financial advisor:
I think ordering a new bike is just what needed to happen to get the old bike sold... a friend of a co-worker came to check it out today and seems pretty interested. Gonna have a mechanic friend go over her and make sure she's good to go and then get back to him.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think ordering a new bike is just what needed to happen to get the old bike sold... a friend of a co-worker came to check it out today and seems pretty interested. Gonna have a mechanic friend go over her and make sure she's good to go and then get back to him.
What did you order?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This

That was one of the things I learned as a bouncer. A threat is always taken more seriously if delivered in a calm but intense manner than yelling and acting angry. It also helps being well over 200 llbs and looking like you could easily swat them away.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I am having second thoughts about bringing my 32lbs balance.. I think I'll borrow my wife's dentist bike instead.
I'm not having second thoughts at all, actually. Although I do wonder what the terrain will be like... I mean I don't expect it to be 6" travel needed sort of riding but whatever. I rode an SB66c on the Kokopelli trail and it was fine... that bike didn't pedal quite as well as the newer version of itself and it was certainly a couple pounds heavier than what the 6c will be so I'm not too scared. What's the dentist bike?