Quantcast

@@@@Thursderp GMT@@@@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
took it easy last night only did 1/2 hour of spinning I need to have fresh legs for Saturday's 11 mile 3000" climb up to Fremont peak after work. I will probably finish the descent in the dark. Coffee then of to drive the short bus...oh joy

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

The humidity is slowly creeping away from the air....the weekend looks beautiful, and I look forward to hanging out with friends, fishing and telling some lies.

My average daily around-the-house output is going to drop dramatically....I discovered "Friday Night Lights."

Y'all go out there and give it hell. It's a tough world and I recommend a helmet and an athletic support cup....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much to report here. One of the dogs wanted to snuggle in bed all last night so I had to share my sleeping space. I think she slept way better than I did.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
How is Chewie doing?
Better every day. She's not nearly as skittish as she once was and now that she's had more socialization at the dog park she's quite a friendly little bugger. She did faceplant while hiking this past weekend and her eye was swollen shut for a few days, it looked like she got in a fight with doggie Mike Tyson. That mostly cleared up yesterday though so she's back to being the sassy little thing she was meant to be.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Meh......
Yesterdays prediction of not accomplishing much bore fruit, so now I must finish teh chores. This happens every year. Girls go back to school and it takes me at least three weeks to catch up on all the shit I've put off over the summer.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
im in a taco black hole. got some pastor tacos last night & they were laughable & 3 of them cost $13. wtf

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Move in day at college for my youngest child (daughter) it seems like just last week she was learning to ride her bike

To all you monkeys with little kids enjoy them put the phone and work away get down on the floor crawl around with them make tents out of blankets and coffee tables play board games with them because before you know it that baby who took all your money and free time away will will be gone

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No alarm meant blissful sleep followed by morning panic. New pooch harness is too small for my girthy girl, but the new collar is awesome.

I've used flat collars on my dogs forever, but when your dogs neck is bigger than its head, it slips off. I got an email from Ezydog saying the Checkmate (martingale) collar was now in purple, so of course Abbey gets one. :rofl:

This thing is awesome, highly recommend. I know the dude on Lucky Dog uses the martingale collar, but I had honestly never tried on before.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Climbing and then dinner with just the wife after work today.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
clipped someones recycling can due to squirrel playing chicken...surprised...no damage sustained.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I remember when I didn't ask girls out because I was nervous about what they might say.

Now, I don't ask them out because I'm not nervous about what they might say.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Demo'd a Yeti SB5.5 yesterday. Primarily wanted to see if I really belonged on a larger size frame, figured I'd try out the big wheeled version of my bike while I was at it. I definitely belong on a larger frame. Mixed reviews on the big wheels. Made some of the tougher technical stuff easy peasy. Could take retarded lines with confidence, less fatiguing. Down side was that I am not sure I was having more fun. Felt like I was just steering a bike vs riding it.

Will definitely be pursuing a larger frame while I can get some value out of my current one, just not sure what direction to go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Demo'd a Yeti SB5.5 yesterday. Primarily wanted to see if I really belonged on a larger size frame, figured I'd try out the big wheeled version of my bike while I was at it. I definitely belong on a larger frame. Mixed reviews on the big wheels. Made some of the tougher technical stuff easy peasy. Could take retarded lines with confidence, less fatiguing. Down side was that I am not sure I was having more fun. Felt like I was just steering a bike vs riding it.

Will definitely be pursuing a larger frame while I can get some value out of my current one, just not sure what direction to go.
because for anyone under about 6' 6" it's basically a dirt road bike

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

How tall are you and what size frame are you currently on?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Move in day at college for my youngest child (daughter) it seems like just last week she was learning to ride her bike

To all you monkeys with little kids enjoy them put the phone and work away get down on the floor crawl around with them make tents out of blankets and coffee tables play board games with them because before you know it that baby who took all your money and free time away will will be gone
As I was riding to daycare with my little guy on the bike seat this morning, I said to him that I was a little sad that he was starting school next week, that he wasn't my little baby anymore. He said "I'm NOT a baby". to which I responded, you'll always be my little baby... he went silent for a bit, then patted my back and said "one day I'll be your baby again, one day". I'm going to miss bringing him to daycare.

ride night tonight. should be good. it's cool and clear out there now.

have a good one everyone

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Jello!

Had some awesome shawarma last night. I want MOAR.
I went to the on-campus Indian/Arabian place and considered the chicken shwarma. Ended up with lamb gyro meat over rice with pakoras, two samosa, and a mango lassi. It had the win, yes.

As I was riding to daycare with my little guy on the bike seat this morning, I said to him that I was a little sad that he was starting school next week, that he wasn't my little baby anymore. He said "I'm NOT a baby". to which I responded, you'll always be my little baby... he went silent for a bit, then patted my back and said "one day I'll be your baby again, one day". I'm going to miss bringing him to daycare.

have a good one everyone
I know those feels. Both of my girls will protest "I'm not a baby, daddy!" if I call them such. However, both will acknowledge that they will always be my babyloves. (Only Mariko is the monkeylove as well, because clearly she is.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

have a good one everyone
that's why i call my son my dude. have been for a while. he will always be my dude. right now he's still a lil' dude.