Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Raced my bike last night. Haven’t toed a starting line in ten years, it felt strange and yet familiar at the same time. I swear the clock they use for my runs has longer seconds.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Had a doctors appointment this morning. In my calendar I had it written down at location "A", at 9:00am. I got there at 8:30am, so just sat in the parking lot for a bit. While sitting there, I get a call from the doctors office saying I'm not there and that my appointment was at 8:30am.

So I stroll into the place and tell the front desk that I am here. They tell me that I'm supposed to be at another location. God dammit.

Something obviously got lost in translation, from when this was scheduled 6 months ago, then rescheduled by them 1 or 2 months ago and then the doctor no longer going to location "A". The lady on the phone asked if I could get to the other location in 5 minutes, to be there at 9am. LOL

Anyways, got it rescheduled for 1pm this afternoon. Got lucky that someone else cancelled. And they were going to charge me a "no show" fee of $50, if it didn't work out like that.

Good morning!

Great ride last night. It was hot and humid, but I'm not complaining. Better than snow. It was good to get one last fun ride in with our friend, before he leaves for Calgary. And another buddy is going to Vegas this weekend to get married. One friend showed up grumpy and had a hissyfit right at the start of the ride and then abandoned the group - his loss. :rofl:

Anyways #2, time for coffee.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Four different DEI courses...

As a white middle aged male I'm a minority among my team. I think I'm good with diversity, can I just get a pass?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fuckin' hell. day 4 of Covid.

I feel a bit better than yesterday, but symptoms are still very present: congestion, runny nose, nasty cough, headache. I have to make a go/no-go decision for my bike trip by tonight. I'm scheduled to fly tomorrow at 19:45. I feel like all my symptoms will have cleared out by Saturday, Sunday at the latest. But this trip is with 8 guys. Sharing hotel rooms, Air BnBs, and trucks. I really don't want to get them sick. Public Health guidelines say to wait 24 hours after symptoms clear out before coming out of isolation. My symptoms don't show signs of clearing out yet. tick tock mutherfocker.

with the looming pilots strike, Air Canada has given everyone the option of postponing or cancelling their tickets... it would be so easy... gah. can't friggin decide. I think I'll wait till 5pm today and make the call.

fuckin' Covid...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Called in this morning and was going to go test drive cars, but I'm totally not feeling it right now. I need to find a Porsche that isn't 3.5 hours away that I'm not going to buy to test drive. My gear is I spend 7 hours driving and it's meh. It might be awesome, but I have a feeling it's more meh than anything.

I could be wrong, just not willing to spend 7 hours to find out. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning Monkeys.

Called in this morning and was going to go test drive cars, but I'm totally not feeling it right now. I need to find a Porsche that isn't 3.5 hours away that I'm not going to buy to test drive. My gear is I spend 7 hours driving and it's meh. It might be awesome, but I have a feeling it's more meh than anything.

I could be wrong, just not willing to spend 7 hours to find out. :rofl:
I feel like you've been talking about buying a new car for the past... 3? 4? years... is this a hobby you enjoy? or have I just missed it when you bought a new car and are now onto the next one... the thought of buying a car gives me hives, how people enjoy it is beyond me...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
At the car dealer. Getting second key fob (via a recall—delivered with just one) and having them do the nominal 5,000 mile service. Which is rotating the tires.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I feel a bit better than yesterday, but symptoms are still very present: congestion, runny nose, nasty cough, headache. I have to make a go/no-go decision for my bike trip by tonight. I'm scheduled to fly tomorrow at 19:45. I feel like all my symptoms will have cleared out by Saturday, Sunday at the latest. But this trip is with 8 guys. Sharing hotel rooms, Air BnBs, and trucks. I really don't want to get them sick. Public Health guidelines say to wait 24 hours after symptoms clear out before coming out of isolation. My symptoms don't show signs of clearing out yet. tick tock mutherfocker.

with the looming pilots strike, Air Canada has given everyone the option of postponing or cancelling their tickets... it would be so easy... gah. can't friggin decide. I think I'll wait till 5pm today and make the call.

fuckin' Covid...
Major suckage situation.

Isn't a big part of this trip doing some huge ass ride with huge ass climbs?

Even if the symptoms go away, you might be still dragging ass and not have a great time.

I'm all for sending it, but that'd suck to travel all that way, pay all that money and feel like poop the entire time.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

fuckin' Covid...
have you polled your buddies to see what their thoughts are?

/here, workin', planning some sort of ride tomorrow....

and on the bullshit theme, sick of it all is in da house

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I feel like you've been talking about buying a new car for the past... 3? 4? years... is this a hobby you enjoy? or have I just missed it when you bought a new car and are now onto the next one... the thought of buying a car gives me hives, how people enjoy it is beyond me...
I sold my car 2ish years ago and have only been seriously thinking the last couple of months because the truck is almost paid off. I will always look at cars, but actually getting something is different. Once the truck is paid off, that gives me options.

I might not get anything if I can't find what I really want, I'm a cheap fucker. But I do miss having something that's fun to drive. My truck is anything but fun. :rofl:

And I enjoy the looking, not the buying. But I usually deal in cash, so it's usually pretty painless.