Quantcast

$$$ Thusly it ends$$$

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I have not bought anything used off pinkbike in a while. Seller is good with PayPal. Do I pay the full amount up front? After I see proof he sent it, or half before, half after?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Pooflingers always welcome.

@StiHacka and his missus are too fancy for my shitbox, they prefer dry camping off the grid in overpriced hotels

:Horns

Correlation =/= causality but my only monkey guests so far are you degenerate nonbreeders (@rideit honorary nonbreeder due to an even later start than me ;)

where are my fellow alcoholic parents in need of a chill vacation adjacent to paradise and a stones throw from the best biking in SWMT??
Yo

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So I have not bought anything used off pinkbike in a while. Seller is good with PayPal. Do I pay the full amount up front? After I see proof he sent it, or half before, half after?
Just send the cash in an envelope

no Srs just PayPal goods and services. I haven’t had a problem since it became a thing. I did have a guy snail mail me cash once for shoes. Still sent him the shoes though

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
PayPal is good, as you're the buyer. Just do not send it as a gift.

If they don't ship it or screw it up, 99% chance that PayPal will be on your side, should you open a dispute.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Decided to mow the lawn instead of ride the bike. Le joy.

But I had to. A few more days of rain and some sun and the lawn mower would be having a hard time with that thick long luscious grass.

I found where all the bug were hanging out...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
PayPal is good, as you're the buyer. Just do not send it as a gift.

If they don't ship it or screw it up, 99% chance that PayPal will be on your side, should you open a dispute.

I bought an expensive and fragile car part for my old volvo using paypal. Dude just threw it in a box without any packing material. It was of course damaged and unusable by the time I got it. I emailed the guy and he replied with something like "LOL, Of course I didn't spend any time packing it, fuck you"

I forwarded his emails to paypal, pictures of the part and packaging and got all my $$ back immediately.

He then sent me several messages asking how much he needed the money and asked how we could sort it out.

I replied "LOL, fuck you"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I bought an expensive and fragile car part for my old volvo using paypal. Dude just threw it in a box without any packing material. It was of course damaged and unusable by the time I got it. I emailed the guy and he replied with something like "LOL, Of course I didn't spend any time packing it, fuck you"

I forwarded his emails to paypal, pictures of the part and packaging and got all my $$ back immediately.

He then sent me several messages asking how much he needed the money and asked how we could sort it out.

I'm disappointed you didn't shit in a box and mail it to him

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Nice. Yeah paypal can be a pain with some of the charges or withdrawing money from it, but its absolutely worth it as a buyer.

I've opened disputes and the sellers sometimes don't even respond to them.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
did a short ride with the kiddo. he wanted to ride the cotic hardtail i got for his big brother. it's actually not too big for him, which i thought it would be. i cut down some bars and decreased air pressure in the tires and fork he said it rode better than my wife's 20yo rockhopper he currently uses. so cool. he can try it on a longer group ride tomorrow.

chillin on the porch with a beer while pizza dough rises. feeling lucky in general.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm disappointed you didn't shit in a box and mail it to him
He lost out on $350 that he really needed because he was a lazy dick. I felt no need for further vindication.

I Have recently started to nerd out when I package stuff I sell. Cutting up and hot gluing chunks of cardboard to make a custom case for what I ship. I sold a guitar last year, the box I made for it was a work of art.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
That's easy Mr. Boombox hippie.

No shipping notification from SC yet. Will I ever see the frame? The mystery continues. :/
I ordered some stuff from Germany a few weeks ago, no shipping notification, then it just turned up. Very un-German I though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
He lost out on $350 that he really needed because he was a lazy dick. I felt no need for further vindication.

I Have recently started to nerd out when I package stuff I sell. Cutting up and hot gluing chunks of cardboard to make a custom case for what I ship. I sold a guitar last year, the box I made for it was a work of art.
Does anyone acknowledge the packaging art?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Any good?

I had a beer from Whitewater a year or two ago, I think in red can?

It was very good... pretty sure I had to pour it out.

Dominion City though, I need to get back to that spot!!
They're really really similar. Sunsplit has been my go-to for the past couple of years.

Red can from Whitewater was probably Class V. I bought a few in this last delivery. Its not my favorite, but I like it every once in a while (it's been a while though).

But the last time I bought from them I bought some gin too. Remarkably good. Good enough to sip neat.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thanks for ruining my feet for 38 of my near 51 years....

Screenshot_20210507-204031_Instagram.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have they been a member for more than two days?
Have they sold stuff on there before?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Pretty sure you shipped that amp with every plastic bag left in the greater Puget Sound area when you mailed it to me. Surprisingly effective, 9/10 packaging.

Last edited: