• Ill say yes now and cancel later

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
pnj said:
is there a ride going down today or what?
Sounds like there are several.... me and 2 others are doing an out and back route (no fireroad climb) and would gladly have you and whoever join. We'll be at the lower lot at 5...

... I called you the other night and left a message to go ride btw... :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
Sounds like there are several.... me and 2 others are doing an out and back route (no fireroad climb) and would gladly have you and whoever join. We'll be at the lower lot at 5...

... I called you the other night and left a message to go ride btw... :)
I'll see ya in the parking lot Happy. Not doing the trail climb up(you are a animail!!), just doing the usual fireroad up/trail down.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
What happended to our lovely Tiger ride Snacks. I miss those days! Remember the first time I got you up there...you wanted to kill me! ( : Now look at you...enjoying the climb...crazy girl!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
oh ok, I'll be there at five then. hopefully I can keep up.

I drive a POS blue toyota wagon that is old, crappy and dirty. :)

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
MUTOLI said:
What happended to our lovely Tiger ride Snacks. I miss those days! Remember the first time I got you up there...you wanted to kill me! ( : Now look at you...enjoying the climb...crazy girl!

Hehehe...Well I'm sure Snacks and the others will get to appreciate how it feels to be on the other end of someone's death wish :mumble: after I attempt to actually pedal my way to the top instead of stopping and walking...no more excuses since I have a real bike for this sorta thing :D :p

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
pnj said:
oh ok, I'll be there at five then. hopefully I can keep up.

I drive a POS blue toyota wagon that is old, crappy and dirty. :)
If you want to ride with us, I'll be in a silver Subaru... I'll keep an eye out for you.

Similar to your car - I am old, crappy and dirty. :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Happy said:
If you want to ride with us, I'll be in a silver Subaru... I'll keep an eye out for you.

Similar to your car - I am old, crappy and dirty. :D
cool, i'll be there at five. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I got there late around 6:15 and took off in five or so minutes. I was tired, crampin, and dyin but i took no breaks on the climb up the forest road. Then halfway down Preston i seen Mutoli!!!! Hooray i caught one monkey! :dancing:
Then i finished Preston and powerslid into Happy!!!! And lo and behold pnj was kickin it with him and his posse!!!! Bagged me two more monkeys!!!!! Hooray!!!! :dancing: :dancing:
Then i rode really fast because Happy and pnj said they saw Evilbob and Snacks earlier, so i rode as fast as i could, but i didn't catch no more monkeys. :(
i'm tired i think i rode it all in a little more than an hour and a half, i was done at 8.... plus i worked all day in the sun. i'm ready for some burly epics this weekend. :oink: :D

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
Then i rode really fast because Happy and pnj said they saw Evilbob and Snacks earlier, so i rode as fast as i could, but i didn't catch no more monkeys. :(
Hehehe :sneaky: :sneaky: Yea we had a pretty good pace goin up and goin down. If you had caught us.... :eviltongu :nope: :nope: :nope: ....it would of been 4 monkeys.....Trailhacker (on an XC bike :eek: :confused: ), Snacks, Jr Bullit and myself. Sorry we missed you up there, it was awesome and there were many monkeys present. Now about that EPIC ride you were thinking about... any idea when and where? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
That was a whole lotta fun... there were a BAJILLION people out there! Glad to have met a few :monkey:s!

I hope that guy that crashed made it down and out ok... he was almost to the fire road when we saw him last... did anyone actually see what happened?:confused:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
We were finishing our ride when the EMTs drove him out. We talked with the guy that walked him out in the parking lot. Evidently the guy was riding alone, went over the bars going down Preston and took the bar end to the groin/inner left thigh. He was bleeding pretty bad but the EMTs said his blood pressure was good. Trip to the ER to get stiched up. I hope we all remember this. Don't ride alone, and if you do, do it where there are other riders. Tag along with a group if you find one that won't mind your unexpected presence, good opportunity to meet and share rides. Kudos to the guy who walked him out, he gave up a ride to help someone he had never met before today, someone who very nearly could have died. Who ever he is, he is an unexpected hero this day and stepped up, good show :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'll be there. Got a hall pass to ride with Oly.

Rode Tokul-West last night and saw no one else in 3 hours of riding. Looking across to el tigre, it was pretty cool to know that that place was packed.

Skooks, going to Miller Peak Monday if you want your mini-epic. A lot like the Corral Pass to Ranger Creek loop as far as views and climbs are involved.
http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trail.asp?id=12731

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
the injured rider was actually with someone but he was a ways ahead of him, waiting at one of the switchbacks. but he must have continued on to the bottom because I never saw him again. I passed the injured guy going up and because he too was going up, I thought he was injured going up (how, I have no idea)

anyways, good to hear he didn't die or worse.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
That was a whole lotta fun... there were a BAJILLION people out there! Glad to have met a few :monkey:s!

I hope that guy that crashed made it down and out ok... he was almost to the fire road when we saw him last... did anyone actually see what happened?:confused:
Word. That place was packed.

You and PNJ have convinced Kevin and I to try the trail up/trail down route. I would rather ride in the woods than climbing the road in the sun.

Ridin' out there again on Friday for Oly's initiation ride. 4pm lower lot.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:

You and PNJ have convinced Kevin and I to try the trail up/trail down route. I would rather ride in the woods than climbing the road in the sun.

Ok riding up I'm in for Friday. :evil:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Snacks said:

it was much easier then I thought it would be. I was even able to pedal up the steep gravel road between the two trails.

however, if your doing preston/RR and it's been raining, your probably not going to find it so fun. I know I wouldn't.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
pnj said:
it was much easier then I thought it would be. I was even able to pedal up the steep gravel road between the two trails.

however, if your doing preston/RR and it's been raining, your probably not going to find it so fun. I know I wouldn't.
I think I'll try it next week while I'm on vacation. I don't think we'll do it tomorrow. We wanna break in Oly right :devil:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Are you guys riding Iverson(Fat Hand) as well? Out the left road and back on trail to the connector and then up the road climb. It's only about 30 minutes round trip and is a good warm up for the climb.
Plus, pretty tech and kind of fun to try and keep the dabs to a minimum.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
I can't get there by 4:00. Have fun. Sorry we missed you last night...We didn't start riding until about 6pm. It was fun though. There was 4 of us girls and a big pack of guys....the guys did a seperate ride then us...they did more trails (about 20 mile ride)...we met them at the bottom!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Borneo said:
Are you guys riding Iverson(Fat Hand) as well? Out the left road and back on trail to the connector and then up the road climb. It's only about 30 minutes round trip and is a good warm up for the climb.
I like that trail however it might be a bit much added to the normal loop on a 1st time TMV. But then again it is Oly...... :think: :sneaky:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
I'm not sure....warm up for the climb :confused:

We'll have to take a vote in the parking lot.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
hehehe, and I thought I was whining last night...boy oh boy, Iverson and then climbing the trail before turning around and going back...but I'm game :)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'm getting the impression from D that we could catch him on the climb after Iverson anyways... :rolleyes:
Iverson(Fat Hand) is only about a 35 minute loop.
Also, I thought we were going to make him climb the road?
A vote it is. Looking forward to finally riding with many of you.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Okay, I'm game for the Iverson trail too since I've never done it. Yes, we are climbling the road up.

Goodness, I'm going to get my ass handed to me on a plate tomorrow :dead:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
oly said:
You wake up and the first thing you do is feel your legs?? Thats just wrong.....
Doh, why you little.........ok, ok you got me......ok now your really gonna like that climb up tomorrow................ :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
evilbob said:
I am game for what ever we collectivly choose. I woke up this morning and my leggs feel awesome so I am ready now!

Pffft...must be nice, I felt like jello on my ride in this morning... :dead:

gtastro

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
in the 253
Snacks said:

The only lot I have ever seen is at the top of the climb of Hyw 18. Is there another parking place?