Quantcast

Time to build! Post your Spring parts deliveries.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Yep, but it has the same install issues as BMX cranks, the inner shims/spacing must be perfect. Can be a bitch to install.

The BB I bought is actually easily rebuildable. The bearings cost about $10. I can live with that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea but the isis interface itself is still prone to substantial wear unfortunately.

i wonder if anyone has given a thought to make a hammerschmidt sort of interface...

have part of the ffw mechanism machined into the outer shell of an external BB cup, then the spindle press fit into the crank with the other half of the ffw mechanism.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
First up, new bike for the kid! We The People 16" pit bike -

He's going to race at the Whiteface kids DS race in a few months, so we said what the hell...(4 year olds & handbrakes are a scary proposition, though).

Onwards...mostly used stuff this year:
Code brakes for the DH bike.
Dirty Dan tires for the trail bike.
DMR Vault flats for the BMX cruiser.
...and GT ratchet freewheel for the cruiser (120 point engagement for 35 bones):

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
jim - crazy to see that Ewan is already for a real bike
You're telling me! He's just a tad too short for the pit bike, but is way too tall for his 12" bike. He's been balancing since 2 or so, so it seems to make sense...but time does fly. Kindergarten in the fall.......He loves having a freewheel, pedaling backwards is his new thing. He was also practicing waving and 1 handed riding yesterday and took a digger (NEW RULE: never wave with your brake hand!).

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Nuthin new here, got a Spitty in the Fall and have been dialing it in all winter.

NICE how are you liking it so far? LOVE mine.

My friend just finished building up the ultimate bike (for him). Spared no expense.

2012 Banshee Rune
Fox Talas (150?)
Haven CARBON wheelset
FOrmula RO brakes with Ice-tech rotors
Hive cranks
2x10 drivetrain w/ xg-1080 casette

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
ME:

Avalanche cartridge for my 888

New rubber: Muddy Mary and Wicked Will

Straightline OS handlebar

Some odd parts to get my DJ bike up and running again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
NICE how are you liking it so far? LOVE mine.
It's without a doubt one of the best handling bikes I've been on. Very playful bike. You can push so damn hard in the corners. The only downside is the bushing system, mostly the bolts that keep loosening. The Spitty is like having a hot girlfriend, fun to ride, but high maintenance.

Any problems with yours ?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I sold 3 microphones today to finance my bike repairs. I have a fox and hound job next week to make up for it though. They call me the creak killer.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
had some issues along the way but all sorted out just have the headset coming from On One! Pictured is Stans hubs/Crests, freshly stansed Maxxis Igniter, 6bolt roter, BB7, XT shifters, Speed Dial 7's, Answer low rise bar, thomson stem and 2012 fox 29er 100 rlc, and fresh today 15mm hub conversion!

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
It's without a doubt one of the best handling bikes I've been on. Very playful bike. You can push so damn hard in the corners. The only downside is the bushing system, mostly the bolts that keep loosening. The Spitty is like having a hot girlfriend, fun to ride, but high maintenance.

Any problems with yours ?
No problems at all. No bolts getting loose.. do you locktite them? Bushings are a year old w/ little to no wear. I do almost no maintenance on it. Every 4mo I pull apart some of the pivots to see if there is wear and so far it has all been good. I use a thin Teflon grease at all the bushings. It does have a little sticking, but I can never feel it on the trail.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No problems at all. No bolts getting loose.. do you locktite them? Bushings are a year old w/ little to no wear. I do almost no maintenance on it. Every 4mo I pull apart some of the pivots to see if there is wear and so far it has all been good. I use a thin Teflon grease at all the bushings. It does have a little sticking, but I can never feel it on the trail.
I have to tighten the bottom two pivots every few rides which requires pulling the cranks. Getting to be a pain in the ass. Can loctite go bad ? My bottle is pretty old. Maybe I don't tighten them enough. After reading the thread on MTBR I have been apprehensive about cranking down on the bolts because that seems to create problems with premature bushing wear.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Watch the bushings and make sure the stay completely in the pedal body. Everyonce in awhile the bushings in mine slide out, causing an annoying creaking sound.
Thanks for the info, Mang! Thus far it's only been urban riding and cruising with the kid, but will keep an eye/ear out.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm amazed that people are actually buying those pedals. What's so special about them? They're relatively heavy, have custom/non shelf parts, and look just OK. You can get something like the deity compound pedals which weigh 130g less, have steel axles, use regular pins/bolts for grip, and are less than half the price. I can understand the big-d swinging blingey pedals like straitlines or Twenty6, but the e13s just baffle me.