Quantcast

Time to build! Post your Spring parts deliveries.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Because I rode them on a friends bike and really liked them.

I have Deity Compounds on my DJ, and they're nice, but the platform is small and not concave. I have Answer Rove's on my DH and the same applies, as it does for any HT style pedal.

I beat up a set of DMR Vaults pretty well, but did like the platform shape and size. The e.13's just felt great. Big platform, nice concave shape, really felt solid under foot. As long as they're not complete bricks, I don't care what they weigh.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I repaired my rear hub. Fixed the timing on my Talas so that it is useable now. I will have to live with my wonky shifter until I can find a new one. I am good to go....

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I have to tighten the bottom two pivots every few rides which requires pulling the cranks. Getting to be a pain in the ass. Can loctite go bad ? My bottle is pretty old. Maybe I don't tighten them enough. After reading the thread on MTBR I have been apprehensive about cranking down on the bolts because that seems to create problems with premature bushing wear.
I think that the bushing wear is mostly from mis-aligned frames. And honestly I don't see how they can really get that loose... It isn't like there is a moving part between the bolt and the swingarm. The bolt is locked in place by the little tab thing, so it cannot move in relation to the frame member. Also, isn't a bushing pack only about $10 or something? Maybe better to have the wear increast than to have to mess with it so much. Even if you have to replace the bushing twice as often, you are only looking at about $20 in parts (maybe $30) per year.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I got a Specialized Stumpjumper EVO frame in January. With out a doubt the funnest bike I have ever owned.