Quantcast

|||| Tired legs Monday GTM ||||

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley had some kind of sleep walking terror last night. She walked out into the hallway crying and talking jibberish about how hungry she was, while going pee in her pj's. After getting her cleaned up, which was difficult because she was acting half-asleep, she just rolled her eyes back and went to sleep. She watched Mulan with her friends during Sunday Funday and came up talking about how scary it was, so I think she had a nightmare that she never actually woke up from. Seriously weird.

Hopefully today is going to be a slow day. Too tired to work seriously...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Here. Haley had some kind of sleep walking terror last night. She walked out into the hallway crying and talking jibberish about how hungry she was, while going pee in her pj's. After getting her cleaned up, which was difficult because she was acting half-asleep, she just rolled her eyes back and went to sleep. She watched Mulan with her friends during Sunday Funday and came up talking about how scary it was, so I think she had a nightmare that she never actually woke up from. Seriously weird.

our kids would do that occasionally. usually it's b/c they didn't pee before they went to bed.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

When I was a youngster I would sleep under the covers and not get enough oxygen. The low O2 would send me into crazy night terrors and I would wake up outside in the driveway. Was very happy to figure out what that was all about.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
our kids would do that occasionally. usually it's b/c they didn't pee before they went to bed.
I know the peeing was because of that. We had the second night of sleep over, so she was super amped and sidetracked before bed time. The terror thing was weird and a first, but two full days of 100% on with friends makes sense of being fully blown out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did you negotiate any additional transmissions?

When I was in the CNC machine game we had a bunch of stuff in the Kokomo transmission plant. The stories that came out of that place were terrifying. They found some pretty creative ways to break machines.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
When I was in the CNC machine game we had a bunch of stuff in the Kokomo transmission plant. The stories that came out of that place were terrifying. They found some pretty creative ways to break machines.
Dear Diary,
Today my quest to find the best speeds and feeds continues, limited success was had

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good Morning!!

I'm still here at my jorb. I'm having the lawyer draft up the "We apologize for the job title mixup - this guy is actually the Food & Beverage Director and not in signage sales - you have no need to worry about him anymore" letter. I hope that works...I like steady paychecks....but I have extreme doubt it will work. These folks don't seem to be involved with compassion for their fellow man who left his corporate job with them on great terms to work in a smaller market an hour away.

Been out of the loop and have no idea what you are talking about. Having problems at the new job with the old job providing the wrong job title?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dear Diary,
Today my quest to find the best speeds and feeds continues, limited success was had
More like: dear diary, today I drilled a hole into a servo motor and filled it with oil, it stopped working after that. I will try to replace it under warranty.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Been out of the loop and have no idea what you are talking about. Having problems at the new job with the old job providing the wrong job title?
More like "same title" which isn't allowed in his area due to non-compete type clause.

<edit> director of custodial service management would have been moar better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I rode my bike in to work. Various grievances that I have stem from that:

- drivers not paying attention and drifting over into the bike lane
- high school girl who sprinted to pass me then went 5% slower than I would have gone (although she amusingly did a great rendition of "side eye girl" when I told her that her rear tire needed air when her path split from mine)
- lots of work since the person on over the weekend apparently slacked

I think that's about it. Side eye girl meme, for your reference:

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Cold today. Spent the greater part of yesterday in the back yard setting up the furniture and then sat for 4 hours in the sun learning Japanese...

Today is decidedly the day to end the hibernation drinking and move onto the "Get in shape" train...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today is decidedly the day to end the hibernation drinking and move onto the "Get in shape" train...
i had been doing pretty good at fending off hibernation drinking with winter activities (climbing, trainer, outdoor riding when weather allowed), but then unfortunately i was unexpectedly shifted into car accident aftermath drinking and my activities fell to the wayside.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i had been doing pretty good at fending off hibernation drinking with winter activities (climbing, trainer, outdoor riding when weather allowed), but then unfortunately i was unexpectedly shifted into car accident aftermath drinking and my activities fell to the wayside.
Just need to equalize out the beer intake with riding output.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well fuckity do dah, fuckity day.
sore as shit. havent been able to sleep since friday. tried snowboarding for a bit on saturday & literally got body slammed several times into the not so soft snow. Skiing will forever be my jam.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
- high school girl who sprinted to pass me then went 5% slower than I would have gone (although she amusingly did a great rendition of "side eye girl" when I told her that her rear tire needed air when her path split from mine)

I think that's about it. Side eye girl meme, for your reference:

did you say it with sass?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You need to visit a doctor and get a prescription for MOAR riding. Not only healthy for the body, but for the mind.
oh i've been going to plenty of doctors appointments. just not for me. wife and kids, usually between 3 and 7 appointments a week since the accident.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
...Now to find myself a truck camper...
I found one that'll fit my truck really well yesterday on CL. Went to look at it this morning, negotiated nearly a grand off asking, I now own a truck camper. Good luck in your search, with that size of truck you have a lot more options methinks.

I also occasionally do that, and it's also because I didn't pee before bed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any updates? how's everyone doing?
Progress is slow but there. Our son went back to daycare for the first time since his concussion was confirmed and he had a great time and no issues (although he was only in for a half day). Kids are going back for a follow-up tomorrow, we're hopeful he'll be cleared to go back full time. My wife's progress has been slow with him home (she can't rest as much), but we did finally get our new car last week and she is comfortable driving herself short distances, so she can get herself to doctors appointments now.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in my youth i slid of the seat of my bike while wearing shorts coming down a long hill...right leg landed on top of rear tire and slid foreward against rear brake arch removing the skin from the back of my thigh....tickled.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Understandable. Hope they are on the road to recovery. I've been busy, so I missed the update if there was one posted.

I was doing good till we un-moved, then beers with buddies happened and off to the races....

New house backs onto a bike path though, and also is short access to my old roadie stomping grounds!! Probably start thte bike commute to work in 2 to 4 more weeks, once winter ends...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon Monkies! No trauma or drama here. I spent the weekend unboxing samples products to photograph and setting image profiles for them. I produced 12 images X 32 proucts in 6 hours. Me likey automation. :) In teh early days of the interwebs that would have been a solid week. I would be even faster if I was able to center asemetrical items for 360s which is where the market is headed. Ima need self centering lasers next.

Also, no dildos. Yet.