Quantcast

to those who said the ray's dirt room looked boring and mellow

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
quit yer bitchin.
That is Garrett Byrnes.

They got the dirt and fence for the outside lines last week. There will be a jam the weekend of July 17th. I'll post up the pros who are coming when I get the word.

I'll be there tomorrow night if anyone else from RM will be too post up!

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
wrong foot forward i think? i thought garrett byrnes rode right foot forward. either way, it looks decent which was the point i was trying to make. you guys are angry.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
haha im just a drunk asshole....the internet is fun, still dumb havin dirt inside a building and tabletops is a waste
WHAAAT? If I had the means to own an empty building I would have dirt indoors for sure...and ride all winter, I don't see any negatives to that.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
is the ray's dirt setup actually decently fun?
Yes... in fact I just got home from there. The big line is bigger with steeper trannys now.... the last two jumps especially.

There is definetly a "trails" atmosphere there too. Tonight bottle rockets were being launched @ a couple of local riders as they tried to pull tricks. It was pretty funny. :thumb: The grill was running too. I am sore and tired... so much fun and I am really happy to be back on a 20".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
haha im just a drunk asshole....the internet is fun, still dumb havin dirt inside a building and tabletops is a waste
Sorry, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have year round rideable weather. I guarantee these will be a big draw for east coast jumpers come November/December when all the outdoor lines are covered in snow...

And in regards to the tabletops vs doubles... don't forget this is at a riding park that is open to a public. Sure, when you dig your "secret" locations that aren't public, you don't have those kinds of concerns. But when you're running a large scale park that HAS to have insurance in order to even open their doors every morning, things are a little different. You try getting liability coverage for a set of doubles. Try it. I dare you.

At least at Ray's they don't have to worry about getting their jumps plowed because they built somewhere they knew they shouldn't ;)

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
first i dont have year round riding, i don't live in aptos all year, when winter hits im at the slopes snowboarding. I don't have to worry about my trails getting plowed because they're LEGAL and i don't need insurance for em cause I own the place literally and figuratively, and really its the internet everyone has there own personal opinion and thats mine its not that exciting,

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
first i dont have year round riding, i don't live in aptos all year, when winter hits im at the slopes snowboarding. I don't have to worry about my trails getting plowed because they're LEGAL and i don't need insurance for em cause I own the place literally and figuratively, and really its the internet everyone has there own personal opinion and thats mine its not that exciting,
Unless you have a fence and signs posted, even if you own the property, if somebody else rides there and gets hurt, it's YOUR problem. Of course there are going to be more hectic spots where pro BMXers hang out and gnar it up while not wearing helmets...this isn't the place, maybe.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jesus guys......this isn't the dh forum.

Rays has some jumps made of dirt. You'd probably have fun riding them if you were there. I know I would. If it really bothers you that much, go there and help the guys build something different.....or just don't go there.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
im sure that place would be fun to a point, and i dont let certain people ride at my trials because of there bitchy nature so i dont have to worry about it and responsible people blame themselves for getting hurt not a pile of someones dirt

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
im sure that place would be fun to a point, and i dont let certain people ride at my trials because of there bitchy nature so i dont have to worry about it and responsible people blame themselves for getting hurt not a pile of someones dirt
Unfortunately, the responsible people aren't in the majority here in the US. :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bmx tracks have doubles all over them.
You'll notice that the 'doubles' at a bmx track can all be ridden without jumping them though....
Bingo. BMX tracks are missing shark pits. I have seen some tracks with some BIG doubles, but it was an optional line, and the front side of the landing was lined with I think 2 or 3 layers of hay bales.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Bmx tracks have doubles all over them.
...and they're also sanctioned by either NBL or ABA thus eliminating the "getting insurance" issue....they ARE the insurance.

quit hatin' folks. ray's is a super fun place to ride your bike in the winter? have you ever been to cleveland? holy hell that place sucks, especially in winter, so ray's has become a regional mecca for riders wanting to get their boost on in the winter. i know that my son and i had a blast there this year and plan on making the 9 hour drive again this winter. i'm stoked that they've added dirt :thumb:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Cleveland!

"Who the f*ck still uses a pay phone?"... lol

Sorry, I know I posted this one once before in a similar thread... but that sh!t is funny!

Sean

Chimp
May 16, 2006
Cleveland!

"Who the f*ck still uses a pay phone?"... lol

Sorry, I know I posted this one once before in a similar thread... but that sh!t is funny!
That... was awesome.

The spot at about 7 seconds is pretty good to ride...

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
That... was awesome.

The spot at about 7 seconds is pretty good to ride...
I believe that is where you showed off your homeless hop trick? Ha ha I need to get Evans out riding in Cleveland town.

Hey I am going to the dirt room tonight so boooo ya!