Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Because NORML is trying to have an adult conversation and libertarianism is political philosophy for 13 year olds.
id say the two main parties are the 13 year olds since they both like to stomp their feet and bitch (or shut down the government) when they dont get their way

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
1. Leaglize pot
2. Tax it
3. ?????
4. Profit!

"Oregon medical marijuana dispensaries have sold an estimated $102 million in recreational cannabis since January, when the state imposed a 25 percent sales tax on pot.

The state has collected about $25.5 million in marijuana taxes in the first six months of the year and is on track to meet state economists' projections."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
1. Leaglize pot
2. Tax it
3. ?????
4. Profit!

"Oregon medical marijuana dispensaries have sold an estimated $102 million in recreational cannabis since January, when the state imposed a 25 percent sales tax on pot.

The state has collected about $25.5 million in marijuana taxes in the first six months of the year and is on track to meet state economists' projections."
There is no #3. :D

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That article is so full of fail.
The stats quoted are wrong - ie teen usage is down, traffic fatalities have fallen, not risen as stated in the article.

...and oh lookie here... Elisha Figueroa the author just happens to be the administrator of the Governor’s Office of Drug Policy.

Must try harder :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
"The fifth-grader, who had just finished a D.A.R.E anti-drug program at school, spotted a dispensary and asked why marijuana was being sold legally in their hometown. McPheeters didn’t have a good answer."

Oh boy... she's gonna have a good time in a few years. :rofl:

Didn't have a good answer...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i only saw one weed shop in longmont over the weekend....shocked i tell ya....shocked.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
No speculation yet of whether el presidente elect will let Cali's recreational use slide?
Am disappoint son.... Although I guess you have a lot to get your heads around at the mo.

In other green fingered news.
In NZ the country where famously a Customs agent busting someone with grass at the airport stated (on camera)
"bringing Marijuana into NZ? Why don't you try smuggling a sheep in while you're at it!!!"

A judge is pissy as the police refuse to charge a man with possession for commercial supply.
The police don't want to prosecute the guy for commercial supply, judge insists they do.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
No speculation yet of whether el presidente elect will let Cali's recreational use slide?
Am disappoint son.... Although I guess you have a lot to get your heads around at the mo.
I've said it in a couple other threads as a side note, but I'm pretty sure the "legal" pot industry died on Nov 8. Especially if Christie winds up as AG. All this state legalization isn't going to mean shit when the feds start raiding grows and shops again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I've said it in a couple other threads as a side note, but I'm pretty sure the "legal" pot industry died on Nov 8. Especially if Christie winds up as AG. All this state legalization isn't going to mean shit when the feds start raiding grows and shops again.
I didn't know that there was an Aggrandizing Gasbag position. But you have to admit - Christie is a shoe-in for that.

As far as legal pot goes... I don't think they'll be able to put Pandora back in the box at this point. It's too late.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I didn't know that there was an Aggrandizing Gasbag position. But you have to admit - Christie is a shoe-in for that.

As far as legal pot goes... I don't think they'll be able to put Pandora back in the box at this point. It's too late.
I thought Guliani was going to be AG?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's a plant that grows under the sun. Just add water...

They can try and try to keep it on lock down until it is fully exploitable by big pharmacy. The problem is that it's too easy to grow and has widespread availability around the globe. This isn't something that's hard to produce and only under controlled environments. In other words, it's highly unlikely they can monopolize it unless by brute force. Unfortunately they have arraigned it through the DEA to be pursued in this fashion.

But how did rigging the primaries work out for Hillary... the same will go when they try to clamp down on the herb after these flood gates have opened.

The real $$$ and future is in developing a national hemp crop and market anyways.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
NJ has had legal medical weed for a long time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To quote our impending AG. "I used to like the KKK until I found out they smoked pot". Looks like ya just might have to burn crosses instead of blunts to get your chill on.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
To quote our impending AG. "I used to like the KKK until I found out they smoked pot". Looks like ya just might have to burn crosses instead of blunts to get your chill on.
Read that this morning. I find myself in a position of suddenly being glad I didn't invest any money in a grow over the last year.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i had to look that up because it sounded so stupid, i figured it had to be true coming from a republican