Quantcast

Tracey Hannah

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
A few people have recently asked me about what's going on w/ Tracey Hannah (Mick Hannah's little sister for those of you who don't know). So i figured i'd post a little note on RM. I also told her that i'd try & help her out by spreading the word to any interested sponsors.

Apparently she still hasn't signed on a team for '05 -- other than her personal & shop sponsors from '04 & of course UTOPIA OPTICS! :D . Apparently, there had been a few offers for support, but nothing that would make it worth it for her to make the trip across the Pacific. She does want to race here in the states, but it's pretty hard for a kid (she's what....16? 17?) to afford the expenses alone. Most companies are only offereing her a little product. It's ashame such talent can't pick up a good ride.

I'll keep things posted if any news should arise

-D-

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...Mick has a lil' sister??? Wow - who knew...

So to shed some light on a few things here:

How long has she been riding?
What class does she race?
What disciplines does she ride in?
What are her race results?
Goals - personal / racing?
Why does she ride?
What else does she like to do?

hmmm..... this could be a job for Dante, or Ska Todd....

:D

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
S.K.C. said:
...Mick has a lil' sister??? Wow - who knew...

So to shed some light on a few things here:

How long has she been riding?
What class does she race?
What disciplines does she ride in?
What are her race results?
Goals - personal / racing?
Why does she ride?
What else does she like to do?

hmmm..... this could be a job for Dante, or Ska Todd....

Dude, i think they have a younger brother or two that is fast as well....the whole freakin family rips! Don't know all your questions but she's Austrailian DH Champ.

She raced i think 3 NORBA's here last year & I believe podiumed every time in DH & 4X....i think she got 2nd at Durango (in DH0...even after a big crash. lost to Kathy Pruitt.

Donno her goals, why, favorite color, yada yada....something you'd have to ask her ;)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
stoney98 said:
mick would probably rip your arms off and beat you with them.
He'll do that anyway. I was introduced to him on the trail at the Open and thought he was going to crush my hand while shaking it. :(

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
jeezz... if you lads think mick is a tough guy you d best not go to oz... we sleep on nails and eat gravel for breakfast...

no offense hannah ;)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Last year at 16 years old she got second to KP at Durango after crashing on the steepest portion of the course, having to run all the way up that steep pitch to get her bike and got going again. Easily a 20sec crash and she got second by only a few seconds.

She is so nice, modest and tough. I shook her hand when I met her and still haven't fully recovered. Considering she is little, it took me by suprise! Absolute ripper!

I still can't believe she isn't sponsored. I think her parents should be sponsored too, just for having two incredibly tallented children!

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
We were standing at the largest drop at Durango last year eyeing our line along with 10-15 other guys bitching to Herbold about all the rocks in the landing when Tracy just flew by without any hesitation and launched thr drop perfectly, everybody just shut up and Herbold looked at us like we were all a bunch of panzies. She and Missy were also the only other women that we saw clear the 30' step down to crap berm at the bottom as well!! If she sticks out the sponser drought she will definitly become one of the best.

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
the Hannah's sound like oz's version of the Athertons we have over here in the UK, you all should no how good Dan and Gee are, their sis is currently ripping the world scene at only 17 with a regular podium spot!!!

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Oh and that first pic from Durango was awesome. There was a pro-guy there trying to gear up for that drop. He kept rolling in and stopping short. Finally you hear "rider up!!" and tracy just flys off it. The only armor she had on was a hoodie and some soft knee pads. Rolls off into the distance and the course marshall looked at the guy and said. "you just got passed by a 16 year old girl" the guy just took the round about and rode off.. AWESOME..

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Motionboy2 said:
Why people don't email me first before they use my pictures boggles my mind. How do they know that I don't have something better?

Sorry, Aparently she dosn't have that picture either. Those are the pics from her sponsorhouse profile.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
partsbara said:
jeezz... if you lads think mick is a tough guy you d best not go to oz... we sleep on nails and eat gravel for breakfast...

no offense hannah ;)
Please note that "gravel" is Aussie slang for "penis."

MD

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
MikeD said:
Please note that "gravel" is Aussie slang for "penis."

MD
Bwwaaaaahahahahahahaha!! :D

Ahem,sorry. :o:

I ride with an Aussie dude who knows the Hannah's,he says Tracey is scary scary fast on any bike on any trail up or down,just like the rest of the Hannah's!
Probably trying to keep up with her brothers has pushed her to where she is now,kinda like Scarlett Hagen being taught to ride by 2 ex pro-elite DHers made her World Junior Champ.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
heh one of my buddies snapped himself when he was riding with her in Cairns. She was right behind him and he started taking risks so he wouldn't be passed by a girl. Ha ha.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...ahhhh so SHE'S the girl from the mythic Durango story I've read and heard about - the one where she blasts off that cliff drop, while the other pros were trying to get the ballz to do it... interesting.

When I was at the Open I had the chance to talk with Scarlett from Iron Horse on the gondola, and she was really down to earth and cool to talk to - while on the subject of sponsorship, she told me that she too was unsponsored and ripping it until Iron Horse picked her up like a MONTH ago...

I wonder if Iron Horse would like to have another 15-24yr old in their team line up????

Hmmmm????

Dante???

...either that or she would make a TREMENDOUS contribution to The Syndicate... Roskopp u gettin this???

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Without a doubt she has the potential to take over, and I'm sure she will. Tracey showed up to a few races last year, and shocked everyone. Any company would be lucky to have a rider of her ability. Luckily, she is only 16, so she has some years to get all of the sponsors she needs to take over the women's class...

It's too bad that she couldn't get things sorted out for this season, but it's just a matter of time; any company who doesn't sponsor her is out of their mind! Mik should hook her up with some support to get her on her feet...

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
blt2ride said:
Any company would be lucky to have a rider of her ability....

...any company who doesn't sponsor her is out of their mind!
Yup, that's why i grabbed her now :D

Mik should hook her up with some support to get her on her feet...
he's been trying to help her out as much as he can. Her agent in Aus. has been helping out a lot as well... there has been a few offers....but as i said before, because of the market, the budget, etc....no one can offer her any sort of salary. totally sucks.

most companies can only offer her product (bikes, etc), & "maybe" take care of her lodging - room, couch, floor.....if they have room. this does help...but do u think a kid can afford to travel to a different country & race the entire summer...pretty much a lone ...w/o any cash...& paying her own travel? it's hard enough for adults living "WITHIN" the country!

i don't think anyone/team has offered to take care of her travel...which is a TON of $$ for a kid!....which probably plays a major factor in signing w/ a team.

I honestly don't know what she's exactly looking for in order to accept a ride & come to the states. but i would think that if she could find a ride that would cover all her expenses (travel, lodging, food, etc) plus bikes...i would think she'd be up for it. ....couse cash doesn't hurt either! ;)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Mik seems like a really down-to-earth guy, who I know has helped his little sister out as much as he can. The problem, however, is that all of the pros are struggling themselves to find the support they need to make it to all of the races themselves.

Believe me, if I had company Tracey would be on the team roster. I remember when she showed up to the races last season; she came out of nowhere and beat some of the best women DHers and 4X riders in the world.

It's just a shame that such a talented rider can't find the support needed to come over to the States to race. Especially with the increase of women who are getting into racing, she would be really good for the sport...

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
I think companies are leary of all the next best things that have come,crashed hard, and quit. How many riders have we heard about being the next big thing, they get a huge contract then turn around and say screw you thanks for the money I'm going to go race something else now. Tracy is not one of those, but I think this is where the industry stands on hiring such a young rider. Sucks indeed!!! I offered Bernie a place to stay in the states this summer. My wife loves her, and speaks spanish. I would extend the same offer to Tracy if she needed. She would have an awesome mountain to train on.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
dhtahoe said:
I think companies are leary of all the next best things that have come,crashed hard, and quit. How many riders have we heard about being the next big thing, they get a huge contract then turn around and say screw you thanks for the money I'm going to go race something else now. Tracy is not one of those, but I think this is where the industry stands on hiring such a young rider. Sucks indeed!!! I offered Bernie a place to stay in the states this summer. My wife loves her, and speaks spanish. I would extend the same offer to Tracy if she needed. She would have an awesome mountain to train on.
Since you're taking in people, I think i'm just going to move into your living room for the summer as well :thumb: ;)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
dhtahoe said:
That's really cool that you help people out that way! It's very rare that people help others out these days...

BTW, I'll be coming by in August to crash at you pad... :thumb:

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Okay... he's a slightly long shot at raising the cash needed:

There's been quite a few people auctioning off body parts/areas to be temporarily stamped with a advert for the highest paying company. These are just normal people wandering around the street.. not even someone who's travelling to well attended events. She could auction off space on her jersey or bike to raise the cash.

To be honest if I'd just won a load of cash I'd invest in her. Start a team to bring riders like this on to the scene. Sadly my lottery numbers haven't come up yet!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
mikeD... you have a obsession with man p3nis...

yes, tracey is tough... mick is tougher... but the real diff between aussies and US crew is attitude and mouth...

we (aussies) don t care... nor do we talk (too much ;) )... we just ride... often we have older, used, thrashed sh1t - but you make do with what you have...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
partsbara said:
mikeD... you have a obsession with man p3nis...

yes, tracey is tough... mick is tougher... but the real diff between aussies and US crew is attitude and mouth...

we (aussies) don t care... nor do we talk (too much ;) )... we just ride... often we have older, used, thrashed sh1t - but you make do with what you have...

The biggest difference is the rest of the world cares about winning, take out a few US riders and the rest just are wanting to be there and party...that's our (USA) biggest problem.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Zutroy said:
The biggest difference is the rest of the world cares about winning, take out a few US riders and the rest just are wanting to be there and party...that's our (USA) biggest problem.
are you trying to tell me that you guys party harder than us ?? :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
partsbara said:
sorry newb :)

tell me it isn t true... have you lived in both places ??? it s a different world man...
HAHAH!!! I touch a nerve????

Newb? I'm a itty bitty 300 posts ahead of you...sad, I know...you'd think I'd be out riding my bike. :eviltongu

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bizutch said:
HAHAH!!! I touch a nerve????

Newb? I'm a itty bitty 300 posts ahead of you...sad, I know...you'd think I'd be out riding my bike. :eviltongu
kidding fella

riding ???? whats that ??? i either wash my bikes - or coat them with spray on mud (imported from japan :) )