Quantcast

trailridin/lightDH tires for UST rims

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I have been on the Michelin All Mountain 2.2's, and I am really liking them.
They weigh like 640g, and I am running them at about 35 PSI.
They roll super fast, and shed mud extremely well.
They do not have quite have the grip that Michie's DH rubber has on wet roots, but for trail riding, I am loving them.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
frorider said:
the enduro D2's are very straight and high-quality looking, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were michelins.

thanks again for the recommendation. now i just need to figure out how low i can go in psi and not get rim/bead air burps.
I have dropped as low as ~22psi w/o problems but I prefer to run at least 25-28psi for average conditions.

descender

Chimp
May 6, 2003
San Francisco
Update:

I am running the 2.4 Enduro Pro D2 Bliss/UST tires and they freaking rock. Love them. Big and burly, yet somehow they roll fast and are not too heavy. Best tires I have found for all around trial/fr/dh.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I still agree that these tires are great as well. I did destroy one on Tunnel but it was because I burped some air and then I pinched the casing. It was totally my fault and FWIW the tire tread was already pretty roached. I slapped a new one on and everything is running fine.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
punkassean said:
I still agree that these tires are great as well. I did destroy one on Tunnel but it was because I burped some air and then I pinched the casing. It was totally my fault and FWIW the tire tread was already pretty roached. I slapped a new one on and everything is running fine.
air-burping is one of the reasons i avoided UST until this year--a friend went down hard because of that happening at speed.

what psi were you running? how'd it happen? thx.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
So what is the latest word on the Enduro D2 2bliss? Is every body still happy with them? Do they have a pretty low rolling resistance?

Is anyone running them stright up UST? How are they for holding air? I have been fighting with a pair of NBX's that have been suddenly loosing 20-30psi over night and after blowing one of the rim last night I am about to throw in the towel and try the Special Ed's.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
frorider said:
air-burping is one of the reasons i avoided UST until this year--a friend went down hard because of that happening at speed.

what psi were you running? how'd it happen? thx.
I was running about 25 or so and I hit a nice pointy rock which caused the burp and then successive pointy rocks gradually lowered the PSI until one rock fatally punctured the casing.

I have since been running a Michelin full-on DH tire in the rear (comp 16 2.5") although I managed to pinch the casing on that tire as well under similar conditions so no tire is immune to pinching on Tunnel. If you've ever ridden Tunnel though you'd understand.

FWIW, I have have great sucess with using regualr patches on the inside of the tire casing and then I also use a special formula of loctite that I heard about on MTBR called "black max" it is a rubberized super glue that works very well for sealin holes in UST tire casings. It does cost about 25-30 dollars though for a small bottle. OUCH! :mumble: Oh well, it's till cheaper than buying new tires everytime....

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Enduros are nice. They have basically as much traction as a Specialized 2.6 does and they're really light too.