Quantcast

Transition DH prototype

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Damn! The Blindside always looked lame to me but this thing looks great, and it should (hopefully) not be too expensive either.

-fysh-

Chimp
Jan 7, 2009
Gnarcal
YESSS!!! I am so getting this when it comes out. I can alreasdy determine headangle, leverage rates, bb height, and wheelbase so I know it fits perfect!
but in all seriousness, that's a super sexy bike and i do want

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Check out the rear derailleur cable routing. Sick! I'm liking this frame more and more.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
It's not a hex axle
Unless it's a 6 position chain stay length adjuster(doubt it, too small a range), it sure looks like a hexagonal axle head to me.Obviously not the whole axle is hex shaped.
Looks like it might have a tapered headtube, Cool. Good for slight head angle adjustment.

Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
That's the first Transition I've seen that is even remotely interesting. :clapping:

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Wow... That looks really good. I hope they stick to basic colours like black and white when it goes into production. It's probably just me, but I think Transition really needs to stop trying to add weirder and weirder colours to their frames, just to be different.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
I talked to Lars at PA last weekend he hinted at a new bike he's been working with them on. He said he should be riding one pretty soon.

I think it looks mighty fine. I'm gonna guess everyone is going to get one just like the blindside. Those things multiplied like bunnies.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
i'm gonna def get one, but i do love the blindsides. transition has more up their sleeves this year. they're doing big things

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
The weird thing is, even though there are tons of blindsides out there. It's really hard to find one used.
That's because:

They're not the best, but they're fantastic bikes and;

They're cheap for what you get, so people know that if you to sell in a market like we have right now, you'd get pennies on the dollar for it.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
This bike is a big evolutionary jump for Transition IMO. All of their bikes have been relatively primative as far as the tubing goes. It's more current and up to date...

I think it looks great!

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
That's because:

They're not the best, but they're fantastic bikes and;

They're cheap for what you get, so people know that if you to sell in a market like we have right now, you'd get pennies on the dollar for it.
That's what I was kind of hopping for. A blindside for pennies

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
I talked to Lars at PA last weekend he hinted at a new bike he's been working with them on. He said he should be riding one pretty soon.

I think it looks mighty fine. I'm gonna guess everyone is going to get one just like the blindside. Those things multiplied like bunnies.
i was gonna say kevin hinted at that a while back (the new DH frame), i think about 6 months ago.

but people should look out for lars on one at the fluidride cup

PS, ill be getting one as soon as there out!