Quantcast

True Story bro

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
got mugged at gunpoint on the westside of Chicago, asked thief for my wallet/ID back (while they're pulling jewelry off of the girls I was with) explaining how hard it is to get that stuff replaced, he tells his thug partner to do it, who then digs in bag takes cash and gives wallet back.

All many years before Samuel L Jackson thought he was a "bad mother fvcker".

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I didn't feel like attending the donkey show with my Navy buddies, so I was trying to make my way back to the trolley way too late, way too drunk in TJ. As I was heading down the stairs after crossing the river, I was stopped by a group of locals. One of them decided he wanted the baseball hat I was wearing and I decided I didn't want him to take it.

As he reached for my hat, I popped him in the face. He backed up, reached down his pants and pulled out a pistol. I took off my hat and handed it to him. He said "thanks" and he and his compadres walked away. I got to the station and made sure I still had my wallet. I had over $100 in it, he can have the damn hat. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I got a lot of these.

1. I was hanging out with a buddy when JayZ and Beyonce showed up at his house.
2. Had lunch and spent most of a day with the post-crash CEO of AIG.
3. Spent an evening partying and drinking with a Raider's defensive starter.
4. Have never been arrested or in jail.
5. Was invited to have Easter dinner with GW Bush at his ranch. I declined to go mountain biking instead. (That's one I wish I could reverse. It was a great opportunity that I missed. Also started the slide of my relationship with a longtime girlfriend.)

I have a bunch of random stuff that is completely unexpected from my upbringing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was once homeless. For 363 days I was without a legal address. What sucks was when I finally got a place I had to wait a full year before the new phone books came out...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was once homeless. For 363 days I was without a legal address. What sucks was when I finally got a place I had to wait a full year before the new phone books came out...
With you there. I was living on couches and in my truck for almost 5 months after college. Thankfully I had a friend who let me use their address for employment purposes.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My band once had lunch with Ozzy and Sharon. Chinese food out on their office patio. It was weird.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Hung out with King Diamond and talked about how awesome tornadoes are.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Stood at the top of the ski jump in Lillehammer Norway. Talked for like an hour to the loneliest tourist guide in the universe. He was so excited that anyone was there in winter time. He rambled on about the ski jump in excited, broken English like a school kid. He was rad.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had lunch with Supreme Court Judge Antonin Scalia (Sat Next to him) at the Presidents Luncheon at Santa Clara University.

Had a couple of nice meals with 4 Star General Henry Shelton at his private residence when he was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Partied at Alice Coopers residence in Beverly Hills.

Went Hut to Hut hiking with the President of the Swiss National Bank and his Family in the Swiss National Park near Zernez

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I was in a Mandy Moore music video.

(and no, I'm not kidding)
This thread is worthless without youtube link!

Ugh... here it is...

One of my buddies used to do freelance videography work for a local production company and asked a bunch of us if we wanted to be extras in a big time music video being shot in Rochester. The only catch was that he couldn't tell us who it was because the production company didn't want it getting a bunch of unwanted publicity. So a bunch of us showed up and we all were the oldest ones in the crowd by at least 10yrs. We were good sports about it though and stuck around for the whole thing. We're in the scene where she's performing with the fake backup band in the warehouse.

Yeah, we got our buddy back for pranking us like that.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Bachelor party in Charleston (many, many years ago)...stumbling back to hotel through the Battery. Me and a compadre notice scaffolding around an old victorian which was being renovated. Climbed said scaffolding to the top...enter open attic window. Eventually make it to downstairs music room and procure a full sized harp (which was shockingly heavy) which we proceed to take out to the street and play for money. Made a few bucks, replaced harp in music room, went back to some bar to spend our illgotten profits.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
A month ago i found my bike that had been stolen six years before in a city i had since moved from. Stole it back and got chased through the town by an angry mob on foot, on bikes and in cars while trying to negotiate a meeting point with the police on my cell.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
When I broke up with my ex-girlfriend(one of many times) she ended up dating Fabio for a few weeks. I guess he was married or engaged or something at the time so he had to smuggle her in and out of his giant house because his fiance's/wife's parents were staying there. She ended up breaking it off with him and getting back together with me.

...That relationship was... strange.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
1. Worked for the resort that Dirty Dancing was filmed at during it's heyday as the most visited time share in America. We were rural, understaffed at all times and could get away with ANYTHING inside the gates. We had to take the table linens from the dining area to housekeeping.
Rallied the "linen" van nightly, would throw the bags on the roof of housekeeping and they'd always get washed and no one ever said a word.
Got fired 3 times and re-hired within a week over a 2 year period there
Powerslid the van on wet pavement in front of guests on the 18th tee multiple times and destroyed the window and a Cart Crossing sign (not one of the times I was fired)
The next week, jumped the 18th tee in broad daylight. Sadly, only witness was in the passenger seat.
Stole the general managers car constantly and moved it in sight of him on the opposite of the resort. He never complained.

2. Made out with Ted Koppel's daughter on Sanibel Island, FL

3. Watched my dad smoke pot with Preston Pearson of the Dallas Cowboys (Drew's not so famous brother) at a seedy hotel in St. Louis. Also met Sammy Stewart in a shack of a house in Black Mountain with my dad (again them smoking pot). Both Sammy Stewart and Preston Pearson were arrested on cocaine charges shortly after I got their autographs. :D

4. Robin Williams was my first ever DH sponsor. Gave me a check for $1k with a letter from his attorney to not make it public. He was in town filming Patch Adams.

Racing two LCM-6s from Haeundae to Pusan harbor, cut a little close to the breakwater and busted a skeg.

Approaching an ammunition ship after smoking some weed, ramp put quite a ding in the forward port quarter of said ship.

Bringing a guard out to another ammo ship in a storm, running the mike boat single handed, sliding up and down the side of the ship, guard doesn't want to jump at the top of the wave. Run out of the wheelhouse and push him over the edge.

Carrying a bunch of thuggish longshoremen to a cargo ship, they start making to crawl out of the well deck to the wheelhouse, grab a short handled sledge and start playing an enthusiastic tattoo around their fingers, after which they decided they were interested in sitting down for the ride.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Racing two LCM-6s from Haeundae to Pusan harbor, cut a little close to the breakwater and busted a skeg.

Approaching an ammunition ship after smoking some weed, ramp put quite a ding in the forward port quarter of said ship.

Bringing a guard out to another ammo ship in a storm, running the mike boat single handed, sliding up and down the side of the ship, guard doesn't want to jump at the top of the wave. Run out of the wheelhouse and push him over the edge.

Carrying a bunch of thuggish longshoremen to a cargo ship, they start making to crawl out of the well deck to the wheelhouse, grab a short handled sledge and start playing an enthusiastic tattoo around their fingers, after which they decided they were interested in sitting down for the ride.

psp that you?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Maybe not an amazing story: A band I was in was playing in Baltimore, maybe late 80's. We were playing a punk show in an old strip club (cat walk & all), opening for the band Krack or maybe Crack (seriously)...so we get out of the van and within a minute or so 4 cop cars pull up and a pile of cops with guns pulled yell at us to get up against the wall. (Being by an alley, I spotted my 1st rat the size of a cat, I heart Baltimore!).

After they check us and find out what we're doing, we ask why they freaked out like that. The cop says, "We've got reports of 4 white guys with shotguns and you're the 1st white guys we've seen for MILES & MILES!!!"

Pretty much affirmed my vision of Baltimore, thank you John Waters!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
snuck (more like walked) backstage at a concert in ithaca with a few friends and had a singalong of "new york state police" with a very drunk charlie harper. he loved it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hung out at an after party in NYC with mitch hedburg (RIP) while he was on the comedy central tour with dave attell and louis black. he was a really rad dude.