Quantcast

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I don’t know how common it is, but the question of “how in-power are they?” is meaningful. With a near 50/50 split of votes and the congressional balance, it’s probably not impossible. It’s not like one side has a huge advantage.
I'd argue that one side (R) does have a rather sizeable advantage. It may look equal from the near 50/50 splits in the House and Senate, but don't be mistaken, they aren't representing nearly equal numbers of actual people.

Such is our system. It provides a tangible advantage to one side, which allows them to "govern" (read obstruct) co-equally despite representing a clear and shrinking minority.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tis the truth. Medical students BITD would sometimes have to dig up graves, without permission of course, so they'd have a cadaver to dissect. Quite a burgeoning industry grave robbing and shipping corpses to medical schools used to be.
cadaver industry still operates in a bit of a gray area.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
related:

also, on this topic from Seth Abramson:

"New York prosecutors have about 90 days to indict Trump and get him extradited from its neighbor, New Jersey. Once the former president flees back to Florida—which of course he'll do anyway if he catches word of a pending indictment—things will get messy. "

if he catches wind of an indictment, my money would not be on him going back to florida, but fleeing the country

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

:popcorn:
I mean, that's neat and all, but we are still talking white collar crime, and we know how good a job this country does at prosecuting white collar crime. Nobody of consequence will see any real jail time, and the Trump Org will just rise again from the ashes like a bankruptcy phoenix.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
A friend mentioned something interesting....nothing will probably come of it, but maybe...

With Amazon buying MGM, Trumps best friend Bezos now has access to all of the apprentice material including out-takes. There have been reports from ex-contestants that he drops racist, misogynistic and homophobic epithets as a mater of course. . Nothing we don't already know, but could make some "interesting" viewing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A friend mentioned something interesting....nothing will probably come of it, but maybe...

With Amazon buying MGM, Trumps best friend Bezos now has access to all of the apprentice material including out-takes. There have been reports from ex-contestants that he drops racist, misogynistic and homophobic epithets as a mater of course. . Nothing we don't already know, but could make some "interesting" viewing.
this guy in the interview, Noel Casler, was a staffer on various trump shows. its long, like 75 minutes. disclosure: i haven't watched it all, but he talks about what trump is really like