Quantcast

$ Tues $

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Im the boss and i says we dont work the rest of the week. Employees seem happy which is nice and all but this is about me, i dont want to boss.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My 30min meeting with Sr Project Mgr in the Products team just went over an hour. Sounds like he's on board with me joining the team for sure, because we went really deep into the weeds of what a normal day looks like, current projects, etc. He gave me timelines as to when they are looking at actually doing interviews, etc. Apparently every member of the team interviews and they have a product launch in 2 weeks, so realistically, early August is the timeline, at best.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Well... that's a strange trade. :think:

Reign was the wrong bike for him?
More so that he picked up a Pivot Phoenix and put a Sram 12Spd on it after he got the Reign. So he uses that for his FS needs. He wanted a MTB for more cardio uses, (yes he has a road bike as well), so he converted the Reign to a SS. After that experiment failed, he put the Phoenix Cassette on it since its a smaller range. After while of this, he decided he wants to go the HT route instead.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
More so that he picked up a Pivot Phoenix and put a Sram 12Spd on it after he got the Reign. So he uses that for his FS needs. He wanted a MTB for more cardio uses, (yes he has a road bike as well), so he converted the Reign to a SS. After that experiment failed, he put the Phoenix Cassette on it since its a smaller range. After while of this, he decided he wants to go the HT route instead.
Sounds like your boss might be kinda dumb?

NTTAWWT.

:p

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My boss is trading his Giant Reign for a Motobecane Fly Team 29 Ti. He plans to convert it to a 1x, move his DH cassette over to it until he makes it a SS, and add a dropper post.
Man card revoked.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Definitely not. Just indecisive when it comes to his bikes. Because he didn't even want a HT at first. I suggested it to him when he said he wanted a SS cardio type bike. He has the money to play around with it though.
Next step - the HT will beat the crap out of his back and he is buying short travel Pivot next.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just ordered a new Yari to replace my Lyrik chassis. Will be gutting it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have a Q question: how did you set up your Ribbon? Rebound, ramp-up?
I'm on a medium spring, factory rebound (came with... <n> clicks?) and no ramp control. Nearly (but not) full travel on two of the roughest sections of trails 'round these parts. Really great small bump performance, even at high speed.

I may try out the soft spring at some point - will probably have to mess with ramp control if I do - but as it sits... apparently I don't need ramp control. :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No but I did have ice on ice. Ye olde RM growler delivered. Still a huge chunk of ice in it.
Oh yeah good call.

I went on the road tonight for just under 30km. I ended up riding straight through the middle of a kids sprinkler playground at the end. That was glorious.

I think my neck is sun burned...

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Today's doings...... made wife's coffee, sent wife off to work, fed dogs, took dogs to Ace to get irrigation stuff, took dogs to Carson River by Picket's Junction to let them run, returned with dogs to work on irrigation system for tomatoes and lemon tree, realized I got wrong feeder tubing, went to Meeks to get right tubing, ran tubing and it works!, watched Jurassic World, typed this post.......... (too hot/windy to ride safely)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And it is hot as fuck here in Alaska. I think I saw 82 a few min ago in my car. That may not seem like much to southerners, but buildings and the ground baking in the sun for 20hrs a day makes the apparent temp much warmer and almost no one has A/C up here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And it is hot as fuck here in Alaska. I think I saw 82 a few min ago in my car. That may not seem like much to southerners, but buildings and the ground baking in the sun for 20hrs a day makes the apparent temp much warmer and almost no one has A/C up here.