Quantcast

tuesday gfmt

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Snow storm came to fruition, 3" on the ground and it's still coming down pretty heavy.

Me, I'll be sitting in meetings all day staring out the window.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
A few inches on the ground but mostly all stuck to the trees. Quite beautiful.

Coffeeing now.

Finalizing details for this summer trailbuilding contract. Will get to play in the mountain this year. 1.5-2.0 miles 650ft downhill and hopefully some nice rock formations to play with. I'm leaning towards advance rating but they might want intermediate with advanced options. We'll see what the mountain gives me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
A few inches on the ground but mostly all stuck to the trees. Quite beautiful.

Coffeeing now.

Finalizing details for this summer trailbuilding contract.
Same here. Incidentally just up the road from you at Mont Blanc. As cheesy as it sounds, I've never stayed at on-mountain accomodations, so I'm looking forward to first tracks on fresh groomers.

What mountain are you building on? I just found out Mont Blanc will be reopening a bike park here this summer... There's a lot of trail areas in this corridor now...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Plan supposedly involves taking the girls to the Y to swim today. Might try to squeeze in K1 between that and dinner with BIL. Maybe shoot for two trips to K1 during the week.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Same here. Incidentally just up the road from you at Mont Blanc. As cheesy as it sounds, I've never stayed at on-mountain accomodations, so I'm looking forward to first tracks on fresh groomers.

What mountain are you building on? I just found out Mont Blanc will be reopening a bike park here this summer... There's a lot of trail areas in this corridor now...
Yes Mont Blanc will reopen lift served biking. They had some nice DH tracks in the past.
I'll be at la Réserve in St-Donat. It's on Trailfork.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Two day work week? Do mind if I do!
Lucky. I have to work 2.5 days this week. Nevertheless, I shall persist

up to Copper in a bit after snuggly kid 2 comes in at 7 after her ok to wake clock turns green.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My favorite mid layer fleece, Arcteryx Delta LT, is now perma-funked. Cannot wash the odor out of it. Humph indeed.
Is all their new stuff made in Chynah yet?
Can't imagine their owners would want to keep manufacturing in Canada for too long.
Sucks when rad companies get bought up by huge ones, Anta own so many companies now.

Top of the line Arcteryx jackets are up over $1000 here now.

Sleeping tablets night for me, stupid brain, gotta get up in 6hrs.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is all their new stuff made in Chynah yet?
Can't imagine their owners would want to keep manufacturing in Canada for too long.
Sucks when rad companies get bought up by huge ones, Anta own so many companies now.

Top of the line Arcteryx jackets are up over $1000 here now.

Sleeping tablets night for me, stupid brain, gotta get up in 6hrs.
Mine is a few years old and made in Indonesia. I only have a few pieces of Arcteryx gear. Great stuff but stupid expensive.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My bowels are coming to the realization that ground brewed coffee has a more powerful effect that K-Cup or coffee shop coffee. I'm 1.5 cups in and the shift has made itself aware. I don't believe I will be going anywhere until I have detonated the toilet. Godspeed poor sewage system.

Also, must happen before the pool. :twitch:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A lot of rain here too and looks like it will continue for the rest of the month. Not a big fan of mud. Might be forced to ride on the road. Besides that I am having an amazing day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just the basic laundry soap. Going to check my stash later to see if I have any tech wash. What does your old man use ?
oh i just remembered, i use this stuff called Hex detergent for my riding gear. i sweat like a mofo when i ride (especially during the summer months) and my gear reeks after riding, but the hex stuff seems to do a really good job on the odor. might be worth checking out too. we get it at target, so its probably less of a specialty thing than the hunting detergent.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
1678807507920.png

Yada yada:

How do you get the smell out of a hiking backpack?
Spray some Lysol on your backpack before and after your trip and let it air dry to remove any lingering odors and eliminate any bacteria build-up causing the smell. You can also use Lysol for your hiking boots and other gear to get rid of any contaminants and keep them sanitized and safe for use.Sep 16, 2022

How do I get the smell out of my athletic gear?
Before tossing workout clothing into the washing machine, fill up a large, gallon-sized container (or even the sink) with cold water. Next, add a cup of white vinegar and a cup of baking soda. Submerge the sweaty workout clothes and soak for at least 30 minutes before putting them through a wash cycle.May 26, 2022

How to Get Rid of the Smell of Sweat in Workout Clothes - Nike
I would soak the straps in a cleaner that is oxygen or enzyme based like Oxyclean or Nature's Miracle (the stuff to clean up pet messes). Then wash/rinse in cold water to get out all the cleaner. Leaving out in sunlight will also eliminate sweat odors/stains.Dec 1, 2011

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We got 5" of snow last, and are looking at another 9" this afternoon. Right now is a lull with freezing rain and I was able to cram a five mile run in during this time. I took a hot shower and my legs are still cold.