Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friggin work. Just not feeling it this week.

Booked a quick trip to Bromont and Le Massif for the week of the 23rd, excited for that. Also took the following week off - used pretty much all of my vacation time for that, which is a bummer but oh well.

Le Massif has a 2322 foot descent, much looking forward to that. Need to find some extra brake pads...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Omg my eyes. And the increasing bloody, crusty boogers... I'm not even going outside anymore. And my HEPA filter for the house in only 1m old.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Impressed with how long coffee stays hot in a Yeti mug.

Woke up early and jogged for an hour. I guess I will pedal at some point in the next few days. I've already set a one year mileage personal best with five months to go still. It'd be cool to hit 5,000 miles, which should be doable.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wifey and kiddo leave for Canada today. Kiddo has a goalie bag, a sweet toque, and a Bauer jacket, he should fit in. But I am curious if they will get the stink eye for the WY plates. I guess there is still huge ‘don’t let them in!’ Sentiment…

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey and kiddo leave for Canada today. Kiddo has a goalie bag, a sweet toque, and a Bauer jacket, he should fit in. But I am curious if they will get the stink eye for the WY plates. I guess there is still huge ‘don’t let them in!’ Sentiment…
no roots? or is that more of an eastern CA thing?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in. first transport is at 0850 last is at 1630 works for me.

My coworker was admitted to the hospital this time, looks like covid related Pneumonia.... sucks.
I'm glad I took his dog in rather that her languishing in a kennel. She seems to be happy hanging out with my dogs

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

My coworker was admitted to the hospital this time, looks like covid related Pneumonia.... sucks.
I'm glad I took his dog in rather that her languishing in a kennel. She seems to be happy hanging out with my dogs
Hoping for the best for him. I love that you took in the pup too!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Livin' the dream at chez TreeSaw....taught a trumpet lesson this morning, listening to some potential band songs and solvin scheduling conflicts all before lunch. It's crazy hot/humid and only going to get worse so I'm thinking mini golf and ice cream for dinner and lots of floating around in the pool in between. Going for mom of the year with that plan I think!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Fuck man... Is this going to push you to the FTS point to just fish and ride full-time? I think Ruth would understand.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Get them a "we wear masks" sticker before they leave.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Fuck man... Is this going to push you to the FTS point to just fish and ride full-time? I think Ruth would understand.
Aside from the concern for my friends health. I am totally non stressed about Covid. I should have died from so many accidents and diseases over the years that every day is sort of a gimme. I picked up some nasty ass shit while serving in the west bank in 1980, ended up in an Israeli military hospital and given last resort medication. Almost lost my leg to flesh eating bacteria after a motorcycle accident

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Big enough that his Strava entry is 6 miles every time he cuts it.
LOL creeper...but yes, we have about an acre and a half, of which an acre is cleared and grassy. I don't need a super-tiger-turbo mower, but my 22" deck Honda requires 6mi of walking to mow the yard completely, and it takes a couple of hours. I'm too stingy to pay $100 to have our shitty yard mowed every couple of weeks, so I'm thinking new mower.
:wave:
Gonna get a regular ride-on or a zero turn?

Not sure- our yard is heavily wooded rather than flat, so I'm not sure I want a ride on. Nice as it would be to have a built-in beer holster (and I am a fan of lawnmower beer), a walk behind may be more useful for the various twists and turns we have. Unfortunately, I'm finding that a 33"+ walk behind is more expensive than an old ride-on, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm a big fan of picking up an older but fully functional machine when I can, vs. newer chinese built garbage.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
LOL creeper...but yes, we have about an acre and a half, of which an acre is cleared and grassy. I don't need a super-tiger-turbo mower, but my 22" deck Honda requires 6mi of walking to mow the yard completely, and it takes a couple of hours. I'm too stingy to pay $100 to have our shitty yard mowed every couple of weeks, so I'm thinking new mower.
i like my cub cadet.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
We're just going to gloss over this?
It was during the first intifada. I was part of an international medical team. Sort of like doctors without borders. We worked on kids of all ethnicity. We traveled in a MASH type set up. The PLO and Hammas were not happy that we were there working on Arab and Druze kids. I dodged machine gun fire near the Lebanese border. Hit the bunkers when Katushka rockets came in from the Golan. One night near Afula our bus driver yelled everyone down and we hit the floor. He put the bus in reverse and floored it. Then there was a big explosion that cracked the windshield and a flaming hunk of car flew over the bus. Another time near Ramalla we hit a land mine that blew the right front tire off and the bus went off the road and down an embankment. Our security guys scrambled off the bus locked and loaded. We spent some hours in a ditch with two half-tracks of Israeli soldiers with aircover circling overhead until a rescue convoy reached us at 11pm. I ended up in the hospital after our water supply was sabotaged. It was a hell of an 8 weeks

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It was during the first intifada. I was part of an international medical team. Sort of like doctors without borders. We worked on kids of all ethnicity. We travels in a MASH type set up. The PLO and Hammas were not happy that we were there working on Arab and Druze kids. I dodged machine gun fire near the Lebanese border. Hit the bunkers when Katushka rockets came in from the Golan. One night near Afula our bus driver yelled everyone down and we hit the floor. He put the bus in reverse and floored it. Then there was a big explosion that cracked the windshield and a flaming hunk of car flew over the bus. Another time near Ramalla we hit a land mine that blew the right front tire off and the bus went off the road and down an embankment. Our security guys scrambled off the bus locked and loaded. We spent some hours in a ditch with two half-tracks of Israeli soldiers with aircover circling overhead until a rescue convoy reached us at 11pm. I ended up in the hospital after our water supply was sabotaged. It was a hell of an 8 weeks
I really need to buy you a NA beer. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of N-1, wife and splat scraped together enough parts to make my beat-to-shit old Quasi Moto rideable and sold it for $700. Splat filled in the missing parts and did the build, so we split the profits 50/50. Now maybe we can sell the broken RFX...

FB_IMG_1628623744273.jpg