Quantcast

***Tuesdays GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... Haley just asked me to swap out to a smaller chainring because last week she struggled on some of the trails they are going to be riding today. I was cutting it close, but had time. Then the compression bolt on her cranks snapped (yay plastic!) and it's for a brand I only have one of, so no spares. I had to do a sprint crank/bb swap and we barely got here, just 2min late.

It looks awesome and she's super excited even just riding up to her group. @6thElement Mrs.6th would probably be the perfect person here. The women I've talked to so far are all slightly calmer (or less coffee?) lady bike folk that very much remind me of her. Like, a LOT.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... Haley just asked me to swap out to a smaller chainring because last week she struggled on some of the trails they are going to be riding today. I was cutting it close, but had time. Then the compression bolt on her cranks snapped (yay plastic!) and it's for a brand I only have one of, so no spares. I had to do a sprint crank/bb swap and we barely got here, just 2min late.

It looks awesome and she's super excited even just riding up to her group. @6thElement Mrs.6th would probably be the perfect person here. The women I've talked to so far are all slightly calmer (or less coffee?) lady bike folk that very much remind me of her. Like, a LOT.
I've never seen her get off her bike so excited. They took a snack break and decorated/bedazzled their helmets, made friends, etc. But... They also worked on body positioning for descending, which she said worked for her and did skills work. The mentor said that she likes to ride in the back a bit (hides some), but will work to push her to the front.

She was super stoked and is already excited for next week. I'm really glad I got her into it. For the group that has younger girls that ride (even a bit), try to get them to try it for a program - it's only 5 weeks.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've never seen her get off her bike so excited. They took a snack break and decorated/bedazzled their helmets, made friends, etc. But... They also worked on body positioning for descending, which she said worked for her and did skills work. The mentor said that she likes to ride in the back a bit (hides some), but will work to push her to the front.

She was super stoked and is already excited for next week. I'm really glad I got her into it. For the group that has younger girls that ride (even a bit), try to get them to try it for a program - it's only 5 weeks.
Last week I was riding up hill in Ute Valley and passed a group of kids + instructor waiting at the bottom of a mildly technical descent. Near the top was an instructor, well placed in front of a little girl, with his hands placed on the handle bars, helping this kid "navigate" a small roller. As I passed, I could hear the little girl, clearly near tears, "why did my mommy make me sign up for this?" :rofl:

Some kids are more suited for it than others, clearly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Last week I was riding up hill in Ute Valley and passed a group of kids + instructor waiting at the bottom of a mildly technical descent. Near the top was an instructor, well placed in front of a little girl, with his hands placed on the handle bars, helping this kid "navigate" a small roller. As I passed, I could hear the little girl, clearly near tears, "why did my mommy make me sign up for this?" :rofl:

Some kids are more suited for it than others, clearly.
Yeah... That's not my nut bucket. When I can get her to keep her feet on the pedals in harder* sections she cruises through just fine. And if she crashes, once we get through the crying, we talk about what caused it and how to prevent it next time. Lots of spotting as we get more and more technical, not gonna lie, but still charging.