Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Freed from youth baseball prison by my son's team winning championship game last night, after coming into the tournament in last place.
Happy for him, happier for myself as now evening rides open up starting tonight.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
drinking coffee by the y pool while 6yo has swim team practice. 45 mins to chill before taking him to camp abd heading into work. #notbad

have a conservator in town this week doing a survey of part of our collection. i find looking at the paintings that closely with a conservator interesting. trying to keep friday open for a mtns ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm looking at two consecutive days of spending 12+ hours here at work. Balls. But the global IT team has been preparing the project we're executing for well over a year, so its balls to the wall now.

Can't wait until this crap is over.

And the plus side, I will be taking full advantage and banking many lieu hours.

Today I'm having my coffee before 2pm.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hello hello hahahahalololol

2300 yard swim this morning with the masters group. My body was/is tired. Felt like I was pulling a boat behind me today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Old truck is still in the shop getting ne right side injectors so its anouth day commuting in the dually with the camper. I do love changing lanes in front of Prius drivers and not letting asshats that try to pass on the right in the exit lane then jump back onto the freeway by crossing the gore point back in. Yep the largest vehicle alway gets the right of way in my book.:bonk:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hello hello hahahahalololol

2300 yard swim this morning with the masters group. My body was/is tired. Felt like I was pulling a boat behind me today.
I felt weak for over a week. I've read that for every hour of competition it will take 8 hours for your body to recover (mind for full IMs). Don't know if I mentioned it yesterday, but congrats on the finish. Your first is notable faster than both that I have done. Damn you runners.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got home last night and proceeded to burn 1/4 of my new bottle of Stans attempting to seat a Specialized Purgatory that was too loose and would just blow off when inflated. Sweet. Of course the wife comes home and starts barfing up a storm all night, so things were all kinds of peachy around my abode last evening.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! My crash on Sunday made yesterday a bit of a bitch in the shoulder area, today feels much better. I may ride this afternoon but winds are forecasted to be on the 30 MPH range. I may take another day of rest instead.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn you runners.
I don't take for granted my strong running, although I think the bike made my race. Coach gave me a low volume/low intensity week this week. Nothing hard on the schedule right on through the weekend. My "low volume" week is still 10 hours of training though.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! This 90%+ humidity is killing me even with temps in the low 70s. Not sure if I am riding this evening, I want to but my body is kinda in a denial, plus I want strong legs for a group ride tomorrow. #1stworldproblems

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Old truck is still in the shop getting ne right side injectors so its anouth day commuting in the dually with the camper. I do love changing lanes in front of Prius drivers and not letting asshats that try to pass on the right in the exit lane then jump back onto the freeway by crossing the gore point back in. Yep the largest vehicle alway gets the right of way in my book.:bonk:
until someone notices you being a cunt and brake checks you without hitting the brakes..

I'm looking at two consecutive days of spending 12+ hours here at work. Balls. But the global IT team has been preparing the project we're executing for well over a year, so its balls to the wall now.

Can't wait until this crap is over.

And the plus side, I will be taking full advantage and banking many lieu hours.

Today I'm having my coffee before 2pm.
Just say no.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I rode in with my Camelbak Fourteener instead of my Dakine pack. Still sweaty. I crave racks, fenders, and panniers and foresee picking up a new commuter bike forthwith.

(What to do with my old 29er? Part it out? eBay it whole? Hmm.)

((Trail bike plans must wait until after bonus time in October, since that shit is expensive.))

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Howdy all. I rode in with my Camelbak Fourteener instead of my Dakine pack. Still sweaty. I crave racks, fenders, and panniers and foresee picking up a new commuter bike forthwith.

(What to do with my old 29er? Part it out? eBay it whole? Hmm.)

((Trail bike plans must wait until after bonus time in October, since that shit is expensive.))
I have a set of panniers and racks that we can discuss offline. None of my bikes can currently hold them, so keeping them makes no sense. Basically new.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I have a set of panniers and racks that we can discuss offline. None of my bikes can currently hold them, so keeping them makes no sense. Basically new.
Hmm. I'm thinking of supporting the evil suing empire by picking this up:

Comes with said racks, with the rear even a Tubus. Do you have front panniers by any chance? Maybe it won't be an issue with this bike's geometry but I'm tired of kicking rear panniers.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hmm. I'm thinking of supporting the evil suing empire by picking this up:

Comes with said racks, with the rear even a Tubus. Do you have front panniers by any chance? Maybe it won't be an issue with this bike's geometry but I'm tired of kicking rear panniers.
Kicking them? I've got size 12 and have no issues.
I only have rears.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Probably was because I had janky old Novara/REI house brand waterproof panniers that sagged this way and that, exacerbated by the fact that I was carrying 15 lbs of lithium in one of them in those days.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Aww shit.... it's that magical time of year where we go through the motions of pretending that someone has enough of a spine to evaluate my past years performance, and I pretend to give a shit and appreciate the feedback.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Aww shit.... it's that magical time of year where we go through the motions of pretending that someone has enough of a spine to evaluate my past years performance, and I pretend to give a shit and appreciate the feedback.
Ours are even better. We are on salary schedules...most of us are capped out. I don't think it's possible for an annual review to actual mean any less than it does here.