Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Summer is officially here. As I was leaving work yesterday afternoon, thunderstorm related diversions were piling up out on the ramp from DEN.

Last minute trip to denver last night to see my wife's Uncle who was in for some sort of work related "emergency". That guy is super fun, plus he bought beer and pizza. Apparently he will be out this way more so it will be cool to see more of him in the future..

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Barely made it to the office this morning, a 2 miles long walk totally exhausted me and gave me a light head and shakies. Apparently my post-flu woes don't seem to be over, yet. :( Torrential rain here today and tomorrow. I am starting to shop around for a new slightly used vehicle. I want something small-ish, RWD or AWD, stick shift, fun and without reliability nightmares. Does such a vehicle exist in the US? :think:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Barely made it to the office this morning, a 2 miles long walk totally exhausted me and gave me a light head and shakies. Apparently my post-flu woes don't seem to be over, yet. :( Torrential rain here today and tomorrow. I am starting to shop around for a new slightly used vehicle. I want something small-ish, RWD or AWD, stick shift, fun and without reliability nightmares. Does such a vehicle exist in the US? :think:
Subaru?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OMG HI! I feel like I am finally catching up after getting a total of about 7 hours of broken sleep Friday and Saturday nights. I had a fun weekend and it was a total nerdfest and IDGAF.

16000+ people in the half marathon and I finished 132. :D The biggest advantage to being a faster runner in a Disney race is that you get to the mid-race photos spots before anyone else does. Those lines can get long, but I didn't have to wait for a single person (six stops). I told Mr. Maul here that it was nice seeing him in one piece.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/g2161/20-best-cars-with-manual-transmission/ I think the Mazda 3 as well.

tired. grumpy. meh.

Last edited:

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I am thinking about one of these as well and Consumer reports give them an all around good score, even the auto trannies. Since this will be a two year car for me, then handed down to a kid entering college, I am wrestling with a 2012 Mazda 3 GT with 92K Miles, or something like a Civic or Corola that is about the same year and price with only 40K miles. I want the car to last the kld through college and then a couple of years afterwards.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Working. Might squeeze in a lunch ride.

I want something small-ish, RWD or AWD, stick shift, fun and without reliability nightmares
A '12 or '13 Cayman or Boxster S (981 models) can be had for less than the new Subie, and I'd argue would be more fun to drive.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's not particularly fun to drive, but I have a Mazda CX-5 with a manual tranny. you can only get it in the base model, with a small engine, but that manual allows you to make the most of it. I like it well enough.

It's sunny here today, but the rain is supposed to roll at noon. Whatever, it's par for the course for this April, one of the wettest in recorded history here...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
OMG HI! I feel like I am finally catching up after getting a total of about 7 hours of broken sleep Friday and Saturday nights. I had a fun weekend and it was a total nerdfest and IDGAF.

16000+ people in the half marathon and I finished 132. :D The biggest advantage to being a faster runner in a Disney race is that you get to the mid-race photos spots before anyone else does. Those lines can get long, but I didn't have to wait for a single person (six stops). I told Mr. Maul here that it was nice seeing him in one piece.

you probably would have placed better if you didn't you know, stop running for pictures with mannequins.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we're gonna need more details about said crashing and burning...
nothing exciting. burning the candle at both ends, too much booze and too many shed trips. i knew things were going downhill once my coffee intake was back up to 4 cups a day. crashed and burned yesterday. slept 7 hours sunday night, woke up felt like i had the flu. was supposed to take my son to the museum, but wife agreed we'd just send him to day care so i could sleep. woke up at 6, back in bed by 8, slept until 3, with a brief wakeup around noon to eat.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Holy hell, this $13 contraption actually works really well.

I was holding the lead by the strap just before the elastic when we first started downhill, but Abbey paces so well and actually listens, too. The nice part is on the climb home I can stand and pedal while she just paced almost even with my front axle. This damn dog continues to blow me away. She's going to be an amazing trail dog.

In other newz, werk. Ugh, but the weather sucks, so at least I'm not missing out on much.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thanks Nick, she is a nut and still very much a puppy, but damn she is smart. I am getting her signed up for a intro agility course for fun. My first Rottie got to play at the K9 training yard once on a visit, but I never got to try her on one of those crazy agility courses. I just think it would be an awesome experience and a whole new level of training. It's the same cost as the obedience course and she doesn't need that. :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Holy hell, this $13 contraption actually works really well.

I remember a post where you were leading a pup by the leash on your bike. I meant to suggest this contraption to you at the time, as I have an ex-coworker who swears by it. But then I didn't. But then you figured it out. And there was much rejoicing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. My cough feels lower in my throat and has certainly not dissipated. Still no gurgly crap in my lungs, Nick. I'm ready to call in the prescription but haven't had the need to yet.

I'm gettin' old.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It has an air fitting with the male on the post mount for quick release. It's rather genius really. I might modify the lead a little, but damn if it didn't work like a charm. The clamp bolts are long, but it was $13 on ebay, I really can't bitch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
weather in birmingham is fantastic....might take a nap on a park bench.