Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You know, I'd say good morning but it's really not. At least not for me.

The bill came yesterday for the wife's trip to the clinic last month for a UTI. Her PCP was unable to see her that day and she tried to get an apt at a Planned Parenthood to no avail, so we had to settle for going to a local clinic that told her over the phone it was a $175 fee to be seen. We were there for 20 minutes, she peed in a cup, a doctor came in to give her a prescription for antibiotics and we were on our way.

That apparently becomes, in out of pocket terms:
Doctor fee = $197
Urology lab = $75
Clinic fee = $4,600

Almost $5,000 out of pocket billed to me for a single urine test, 20 minutes sitting in a bed, and a prescription. This better be a fuck of of epic proportions on their end otherwise I'll be seeking every single possible avenue, legal or otherwise. That's ridiculous beyond ridiculous.

Anyway, that means my current mood = :mad:

And I forgot my breakfast. FML.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I dropped scissors on my foot yesterday. the tip landed on the extender tendons. hurts like a sonofabitch. woke up at least 3x from the pain last night.

dark and stormy here today. darker than during the eclipse.

have a good day everybody!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woo Tuesday. Stayed up way too late last night and am paying the price.

I think its time to do a major trim of the beard and hair.

The bill came yesterday for the wife's trip to the clinic last month for a UTI. Her PCP was unable to see her that day and she tried to get an apt at a Planned Parenthood to no avail, so we had to settle for going to a local clinic that told her over the phone it was a $175 fee to be seen. We were there for 20 minutes, she peed in a cup, a doctor came in to give her a prescription for antibiotics and we were on our way.

Doctor fee = $197
Urology lab = $75
Clinic fee = $4,600

Almost $5,000 out of pocket billed to me for a single urine test, 20 minutes sitting in a bed, and a prescription. This better be a fuck of of epic proportions on their end otherwise I'll be seeking every single possible avenue, legal or otherwise. That's ridiculous beyond ridiculous.

Damn man. That better be a typo. If not, I'm interested to see the break down of that $4600 clinic fee. Crazy!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Stayed up late to watch Crankworx replay with my GF. Super sleepy. People ask me too much questions at work. I will pretend like I'm working then go to the gym, fix my road bike and do some cooking for tommorow since we're having weird asian movie night on wednesdays

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Randomly dysphoric today, perhaps not so randomly since I have a long day ahead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just scrolled through the dork logger and noticed a buddy who is in Whistler right now; looks like those guys did a 4800 foot climb yesterday. Fhack me.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just scrolled through the dork logger and noticed a buddy who is in Whistler right; looks like those guys did a 4800 foot climb yesterday. Fhack me.
If you're in Whistler, why would you do that?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If you're in Whistler, why would you do that?
He's spent the last decade+ going every summer and has probably ridden every trail in the park. He's brought the trail bike for the last 2-3 years and says its just as (if not more) fun exploring outside of the bike park.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My work team is a mess, hope to get it together this week as it is really harshing my mellow. Found out I got a small token from work on Friday, so I bought a proper harness for the pooch and a few things I've wanted.

So the dog pole uses a propane quick release, not an air tool one. Found this out when she tried to stop to smell poop, leash went into back tire, snapped the quick release off right at the seat post mount. Of course they don't sell just the male fitting locally, so I ordered a pair off Amazon. Might not use the pole once the harness gets here. She's done amazing with the big bike (other than the poop incident).

The one on the dog pole is chrome.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
He's spent the last decade+ going every summer and has probably ridden every trail in the park. He's brought the trail bike for the last 2-3 years and says its just as (if not more) fun exploring outside of the bike park.
I rented a trail bike for one day on our last family trip and was able to ride Squamish with some friends that happened to be up there. It was just as fun as riding the park. I would definitely go back with a trail bike to pedal and hit some more less traveled trails.

Few more days, then headed up to N* Thursday night through Sunday. Few days of some NorCal rox.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

Doctor fee = $197
Urology lab = $75
Clinic fee = $4,600

damn. paid less than taht for two ambulance rides, an ER visit, surgery & a 3 day hospital stay. I will have to stop bitching now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I can't link it, as I'm at work, but the video our camping partners too of the eclipse is posted in the album above. It is looking back at us, but shows the light change, which was really cool.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just in case anyone is wondering - get your ass somewhere into the line of totality next time through (2024). That shit is indescribably cool.

Small wonder ancient man thought that the world was coming to an end when this happened back in the good ol' days.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
and he would be correct, there's no denying the trails in the area are fantastic. But still... 4800' is... slightly mental. imho. ain't no need fo dat!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I did have an exciting incident while driving home yesterday. The car ahead of me did a slow lane change (no worries, right?) only to leave exposed something very large - 2'x8'x4' - in the middle of the lane. All fine and dandy except I was doing 80mph (speed limit) and had a 4 car length notice of said giant item in the road. Hard braking and evasive swerving at speed made me very glad to me in the M and not the Subaru, as I doubt I would have been able to avoid in the Subaru. It must have been one hell of a sight, because a car pulled up next to me about 30 seconds later and gave me a solid rounds of 'good job' and thumbs up's.

Side note: I am really ready to not be at the office today. At least it's a 4 day week.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I did have an exciting incident while driving home yesterday. The car ahead of me did a slow lane change (no worries, right?) only to leave exposed something very large - 2'x8'x4' - in the middle of the lane. All fine and dandy except I was doing 80mph (speed limit) and had a 4 car length notice of said giant item in the road. Hard braking and evasive swerving at speed made me very glad to me in the M and not the Subaru, as I doubt I would have been able to avoid in the Subaru. It must have been one hell of a sight, because a car pulled up next to me about 30 seconds later and gave me a solid rounds of 'good job' and thumbs up's.

Side note: I am really ready to not be at the office today. At least it's a 4 day week.
fucking wyoming