Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Spent some time on Sunday helping my son learn how to ski after his ski lessons. However, I pulled something in my GOOD knee and have been limping around for the past two days. It's getting better but still not feeling 100%. It's in the vicinity of the LCL area of my knee.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a crisp Winter day out there...we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow - then back up into the 60's by the weekend. Come to NC - you'll be sick in no time. New slogan...that's a freebie, NC Tourism Bureau. You can use it if you would like.

Speaking of sick....it hit me on Saturday - cold/hot/cold/hot...sniffling, sneezing...the works. Took off yesterday to chill and recover. I'm in the office today...not really recovered, and not too chill...but I'm here.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Looks like I will be spending a good portion of today glued to the crapper, courtesy of late night ingestion of spicy indian curry leftovers. Made me miss my early train but I fear losing my dignity if I dare to catch a later one. :panic:
Winter storm is coming, 4-6" in the forecast for tonight/tomorrow. Meh, I like the iced over trails better.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Renovation started Monday on the house. We sealed off the second floor and 4 big Polish guys showed up and started taking things apart.

Also started my gravel adventure last weekend with 62km mostly gravel ride. 35c Panaracer Gravel tires were perfect and super fun ride. Much better than road riding.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Renovation started Monday on the house. We sealed off the second floor and 4 big Polish guys showed up and started taking things apart.

Also started my gravel adventure last weekend with 62km mostly gravel ride. 35c Panaracer Gravel tires were perfect and super fun ride. Much better than road riding.

Dura Ace? ENVE??

monocle toad.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last nights fat bike ride was super short in distance, but it felt like twice as long. Slogging through 3-4 inches of powder on 5psi is tough work, there is absolutely no coasting on that bike. It was fun, though. Well, it was fun until I ventured out into a field and the howling wind and snow started to go up the backside of my jacket...

Now for this work stuff. Friends and myself have a hike and brewpub beers scheduled. I am guessing they'll bail on the hike due to being fair weather city folk. :D

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Last nights fat bike ride was super short in distance, but it felt like twice as long. Slogging through 3-4 inches of powder on 5psi is tough work, there is absolutely no coasting on that bike. It was fun, though. Well, it was fun until I ventured out into a field and the howling wind and snow started to up the backside of my jacket...

Now for this work stuff. Friends and myself have a hike and brewpub beers scheduled. I am guessing they'll bail on the hike due to being fair weather city folk. :D
Do you run below 5 psi? I will go to 3 psi if I am slogging thru a bunch of fresh snow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Do you run below 5 psi? I will go to 3 psi if I am slogging thru a bunch of fresh snow.
The front might be less, I can almost push my fist to the rim through the tire. I added a little bit of air to the rear a few weeks ago, to make it roll a tad easier; it didn't seem to affect traction too much.

It hard to tell though, my pump doesn't even register that low of a psi. :headbang:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The front might be less, I can almost push my fist to the rim through the tire. I added a little bit of air to the rear a few weeks ago, to make it roll a tad easier; it didn't seem to affect traction too much.

It hard to tell though, my pump doesn't even register that low of a psi. :headbang:
and i'll huff, and i'll puff, and i'll gooooooooooo fat biking!

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine

You can get a low pressure tire gauge designed for fat bike tires for about 15 bucks. I found it a worthy investment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
slowly waiting on the few things i need to trickle in for the Scott.

already planning on having suspension tuned by PUSH & Avalanche.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sup.
another day of asses and elbows.
keep having exes resurface and pour their hearts out to me. my empathic nature has me torn.
fucking pheromones man, they must be addictive.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Couple minor hits on the old resume, gawd I hate the process. There was a time when I was young and stupid that I enjoyed it. I looked forward to meeting new folks and learning about new companies I might never work for. But now I am old and bitter and just want to get paid to do lame stuff. I really thought the last gig was for good, or at least for a while. It started out that way and 2016 ended on a great note. Too bad 2017 was a dumpster fire.

Thankfully the Donald hasn't killed the tech industry yet, I'm too old to be a coal miner.