Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Still sitting here, reading about Jim Bridger and South Pass, plus all the wacky shenanigans fur trappers got themselves into during the 1830's.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was going to go ride tonight but the smoke from the fires is so thick that you can taste it when you breathe. It's almost like being back on the fire lines. No sense forcing the soot and ash deep into my lungs not riding is the only option. My eyes aren't liking it too much either..

you should be able to see the hills 4 miles from here instead of brown haze

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ran numbers for Labor Day bike trip to Bend; less expensive to rent a Trance 2 and smaller car (by notable amount) than to fly my bike and rent a larger car to drive it from the airport. Turo looks to be about 25% cheaper than a traditional rental too, just need to confirm my personal coverage carries over before I confirm a reservation.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Weird... Which Juliana was she on? Those bikes are just rebranded Santa Cruz bikes and most of them shred despite the fact that they are completely unridabru.
Whichever one is the ~5” trail bike... the Furtado I think. She said it felt clunky and stiff and awkward, she didn’t care for it at all. She rode it at a bike shop demo event, and had a shop person set the bikes she tried up for her so I assume they did it correctly. I know it’s the same frame as the SC, and there’s plenty of folks that love those bikes. I’ve never ridden one, unable to comment.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Whichever one is the ~5” trail bike... the Furtado I think. She said it felt clunky and stiff and awkward, she didn’t care for it at all. She rode it at a bike shop demo event, and had a shop person set the bikes she tried up for her so I assume they did it correctly. I know it’s the same frame as the SC, and there’s plenty of folks that love those bikes. I’ve never ridden one, unable to comment.
If there's one thing I've learned from doing about 20 different demos in the last two years it's that the bike shop ones are almost always set up like garbage. The only time I've been handed a bike that doesn't have something goofy going on is from the factory demo trucks or from the SC factory in SC. You really have to take the time to get a baseline on sag, rebound and compression yourself, or at least check their work.

I've had my girlfriend trying all sorts of bikes to help her decide which full squish bike to get (I've got her on an old hard tail now). She loved the Furtado (5010) and the Strega (Nomad). She also really liked the Yeti Betti SB5, Transition Scout and Liv(Giant) Hail, Pivot and Ibis were less impressive for her.

I have ridden the 5010 and can say it's a fun, poppy, ripping trail bike.