Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mind you these are on dedicated e-bike segments. I'm only competing with other e-bikers. Poaching a regular bike segment KOM would be a shitty move, agreed, and if uphill they'd flag me immediately based on how it doesn't match my other (slow) efforts. :D
I haven't fooled around with it at all, but how does it know you're on an e-bike (and its segments)? Do you input the bike that you're riding as an e-bike?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I really want to know what the margin of error is on that Strava shit. I mean - how can you wave your dick around when you KNOW the data is VERY unlikely to be accurate on any given run?
From what I've read, the shorter the segment, the more likely it is to be out the WAAHOOO. As in, there might only be a few data points on segments that are under a minute long, depending on how your phone works.

I like Strava. It lets me retrace my route after a night of drinking and wondering where I dropped something. :busted:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I really want to know what the margin of error is on that Strava shit. I mean - how can you wave your dick around when you KNOW the data is VERY unlikely to be accurate on any given run?
Since when was an actual accomplishment a mandatory condition for douchebags to wave their dick around? I am not saying every stravatard is a douche, but those cutting b-lines and widening trails for negligible time benefits certainly are.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Since when was an actual accomplishment a mandatory condition for douchebags to wave their dick around? I am not saying every stravatard is a douche, but those cutting b-lines and widening trails for negligible time benefits certainly are.
:clapping:

This. And the people that leave the audible part of it on with it constantly saying PAUSING PAUSING. Fack off. :banghead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm hoping all of my kids have enough A/P credits when the start college to be sophomores out of the gate. That way MAYBE they'll finish in 4.
i was a couple credits short of that. it really only helped me by allowing me to sign up for classes sooner than the other kids that started the same term as me. i think i got to sign up like a day sooner, but because i wasn't trying to login before those other kids i pretty much always got to set my schedule as best as possible.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
FTFY
/toshi
Thank you, Nick. :D

Anecdotally, from a very fast dude (the current #2 on the Helltrack non-e-bike segment, 10:15 on Mountain Lion DH, etc.) iPhone and presumably Android Strava app GPS data are more suspect than those from Garmins. He says he doesn't trust any iPhone times.

He's buying an e-bike after demoing a few this summer, too, so my reign will be short lived.

I haven't fooled around with it at all, but how does it know you're on an e-bike (and its segments)? Do you input the bike that you're riding as an e-bike?
You change the sport type to E-Bike Ride. I do this after the fact: Log it as a bike ride on my Garmin watch since my Garmin knows not of e-biking sorcery, Garmin Connect auto imports to Strava, I'm suddenly KOM all over the place on the regular segments, change it to E-Bike Ride on the Strava app or page after the fact and then those KOMs vanish as the ride's matched against e-bike (only) segments instead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
iPhone and presumably Android Strava app GPS data are more suspect than those from Garmins. He says he doesn't trust any iPhone times.
I've noticed that as well. When we do big group rides, its often the iPhone users who have wonky mileage, visibly wonky tracks and whatnot. Though it could also be attributed to if they have high accuracy mode turned on or not. I use an Android phone and it seems to be generally pretty accurate, in terms of tracking exactly where I go (with no wonkiness). I also turn on airplane mode on, on my phone, every time, where most others do not.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Thank you, Nick. :D

Anecdotally, from a very fast dude (the current #2 on the Helltrack non-e-bike segment, 10:15 on Mountain Lion DH, etc.) iPhone and presumably Android Strava app GPS data are more suspect than those from Garmins. He says he doesn't trust any iPhone times.

He's buying an e-bike after demoing a few this summer, too, so my reign will be short lived.

You change the sport type to E-Bike Ride. I do this after the fact: Log it as a bike ride on my Garmin watch since my Garmin knows not of e-biking sorcery, Garmin Connect auto imports to Strava, I'm suddenly KOM all over the place on the regular segments, change it to E-Bike Ride on the Strava app or page after the fact and then those KOMs vanish as the ride's matched against e-bike (only) segments instead.
when will you enter a ebike race?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
i was a couple credits short of that. it really only helped me by allowing me to sign up for classes sooner than the other kids that started the same term as me. i think i got to sign up like a day sooner, but because i wasn't trying to login before those other kids i pretty much always got to set my schedule as best as possible.
The education system in CZE is/was apparently very different but many moons ago I got tested for and admitted to classes for talented kids with accelerated education in math, physics and chemistry in grammar and middle schools (age 9-18). I even got to a national level physics competition where I crashed and burned since I ran into some truly genii there. :D The results were two-fold: 1 me and my peers were able to solve differential equations, deal with complex descriptive geometry problems and other higher math shit before attending college, 2. most of my peers chose to go with humanitarian education instead of STEM based on that experience alone. :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Afternoon!!

Awww, man....@Pesqueeb....I know that very thing you speak of. Sometimes, I'll just sit.....stare at the floor with a long, dimly-focused gaze.....and fondly remember that one time I could breathe through both nostrils.

It's another swim-through-the-air kind of day here in NC. Yuk.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Watched the salmon run
I thought they swam. :think:

the lady caught something nasty at the water park on sunday. makes me queezy thinking about that place. so many poop germs there, they had signs up in the bathroom. grody.
You didn't have to get in and ruin it for everyone else!

I use an Android phone and it seems to be generally pretty accurate, in terms of tracking exactly where I go
:stupid: Generally when i run with others using android, we get pretty accurate results.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Is it Friday yet?

We have found the Trump penguin!

(Yes, I know it looks like poop, but it's liquid and technically birds have a cloaca rather than separate pee and piss-bits, so close enough.)

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just ventured outside for a sec. Holy sizzling shitballs, it is hot out there. I am not sure I'll be able to ride in this bullshit before the sunset.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wheel building people's.... My new rear wheel has become untensioned on a bunch of spokes. I've never fooled around with wheels. Can I just nip up the nipples until I can bring it to someone competent in the matter? Rim is straight.

Humid ride tonight. Rear tire had clearly way too little air; I felt it fold over completely and start to steer me slideways at the bottom of a big g-out gulley. Butt pucker level peaked.

And I guess this marks the end of this trail? :(

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Wheel building people's.... My new rear wheel has become untensioned on a bunch of spokes. I've never fooled around with wheels. Can I just nip up the nipples until I can bring it to someone competent in the matter? Rim is straight.

Humid ride tonight. Rear tire had clearly way too little air; I felt it fold over completely and start to steer me slideways at the bottom of a big g-out gulley. Butt pucker level peaked.

And I guess this marks the end of this trail? :(
Yeah, you can tighten the spokes enough to keep it from getting worse without having to remove the wheel. Just take up the slack if you don't have much experience working on wheels. That way you have a better chance of keeping it straight. A little spot truing never hurt...