Quantcast

#@# tURDSdUMP #@#

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Last night I was looking at jobs to apply for because mine is getting very sucky.

Today shit got weird, it was hot as balls, 'twas 41C in the workshop so I decided to go home early then hear a "BOOM" as I'm packing up. Turns out some sort of electrical issue in the overhead lines decided to start a fire next to the workshop. My brain went "Fuck it, your tools aren't insured, you better ring the fire brigade." Our fire hose was long enough that I could hit some of the fire, so that was fun.

The Fire brigade as there in 10 mins, they sent loads of trucks from different station which I feel a bit guilty about but shit could have gone bad pretty quickly, there's a company that sells astroturf next to us, a CAT parts dealer next to them and a bunch of houses back on to the bush maybe 100m from all of us.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Apparently Wild Blueberry Sausage links do not invoke gang association. Expecting UPS delivery of drivetrain / braksets this afternoon. Thought I was one of tham 'Brown Sugar Bliss Boyz' - I coulda been a contender!

AF-1945-BrownSugarBliss-7.5oz-FRONT-655x800-1-389x475.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last night I was looking at jobs to apply for because mine is getting very sucky.

Today shit got weird, it was hot as balls, 'twas 41C in the workshop so I decided to go home early then hear a "BOOM" as I'm packing up. Turns out some sort of electrical issue in the overhead lines decided to start a fire next to the workshop. My brain went "Fuck it, your tools aren't insured, you better ring the fire brigade." Our fire hose was long enough that I could hit some of the fire, so that was fun.

The Fire brigade as there in 10 mins, they sent loads of trucks from different station which I feel a bit guilty about but shit could have gone bad pretty quickly, there's a company that sells astroturf next to us, a CAT parts dealer next to them and a bunch of houses back on to the bush maybe 100m from all of us.
Why do you feel bad about them sending trucks? Thats their job and better to have backup and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
day 1.5 back in the midwest, good lord people can drink. I'm out of my league.
You should drive over here and ride some bullshit Midwest trails. :nerd:

My grandpa would have been 24 leap years old today. Never knew if we should celebrate on the 28th or 1st.

Cold, but looking to be a very nice day. Procuring new light grommets for my trailer project.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Gonna try and GTFO of town today for a proper storm chase. Jackson then SLC. Wooooooo.

How long is it supposed to take for blood pressure meds to start lowering blood pressure? I assumed pretty quickly, like 12-24 hours. So far, nothing. @Toshi so you know?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

20231015_172923~3 (1).jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

good work.

new custom title: Fire Marshall Bill

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man lmfao. 8 mile hilly run done early, then I took the dog to the vet for her annual exam and shots. "She needs these 75 shots so we're going to give them to her." Yeah whatever $630 later.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hey man lmfao. 8 mile hilly run done early, then I took the dog to the vet for her annual exam and shots. "She needs these 75 shots so we're going to give them to her." Yeah whatever $630 later.
What shots does a dog need annually?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
It was 50F yesterday.
It was 2F this morning
It will be 48F Saturday.

Don't look up!

Gonna ride El Gordo in this stupid cold.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Gonna try and GTFO of town today for a proper storm chase. Jackson then SLC. Wooooooo.

How long is it supposed to take for blood pressure meds to start lowering blood pressure? I assumed pretty quickly, like 12-24 hours. So far, nothing. @Toshi so you know?
if you don't mind, what's your BP untreated? mine was up to 180/120! :nope:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Day 2, I've decided to weigh once a week, so shall see how far next Tuesday. But not too sore from last night, so that's encouraging. It's good to have a focus other than the pay cut and possible job change situation, that shit is really old.

My wife was giving me grief last night because there is a distinct pattern in my work history. It seems every start up I've gone to work for has run out of money about a year later (except 1). I told her it's the nature of start ups, not all of them are the next Apple. She clearly thinks it's me. :rofl:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Garbage day, trash everywhere due to dumb ass people putting their trash cans out overnight during 65mph winds. I picked up the neighbors trash and recycling and put it all in his boat for him. Doubt he will even notice.

Wind and rain has been intense, cant imagine the fun they are having over 2k feet right meow

In other news,

debating on the new Stihl MSA 300 battery chainsaw

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Garbage day, trash everywhere due to dumb ass people putting their trash cans out overnight during 65mph winds. I picked up the neighbors trash and recycling and put it all in his boat for him. Doubt he will even notice.

Wind and rain has been intense, cant imagine the fun they are having over 2k feet right meow

In other news,

debating on the new Stihl MSA 300 battery chainsaw
I'm sure @Toshi will tell his dad now that you've shared with the monkey...

Another day of marginal work. I found me a local Al Mar collection where the collector had passed away and his wife was moving it all along... couldn't pass it up! Anyone need some 30 yr old Japanese pocket knives?

I'm still sore from pruning apple trees and will probably start on some pear trees today. And the good times were had by all.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
if you don't mind, what's your BP untreated? mine was up to 180/120! :nope:
Yeah brother, right about there myself... :nope:

image_chart1.jpeg

When you first started meds, about how long did they take to start bringing your BP down? And what were/are they? I'm on some combo thing... labetalol and hydrochlorothiazide I think?

EDIT: Losartan And Hydrochlorothiazide

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'm sure @Toshi will tell his dad now that you've shared with the monkey...

Another day of marginal work. I found me a local Al Mar collection where the collector had passed away and his wife was moving it all along... couldn't pass it up! Anyone need some 30 yr old Japanese pocket knives?

I'm still sore from pruning apple trees and will probably start on some pear trees today. And the good times were had by all.
I wish I was up on the hill already, being down here in a rental in the middle of town is testing my patience