Quantcast

#@# tURDSdUMP #@#

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So after many years we are switching this dept from paper tickets to digital tickets. The digital ticketing system has be available for 15 years but it's a bunch of fucking boomers so they like paper. So we set it up and they put in a request to please set up automatic printing of every ticket.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So after many years we are switching this dept from paper tickets to digital tickets. The digital ticketing system has be available for 15 years but it's a bunch of fucking boomers so they like paper. So we set it up and they put in a request to please set up automatic printing of every ticket.
Zero faith in humanity.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
our IT services put a stop to that by charging back paper usage to each department.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Didn't get home until after 7pm last night. Part of me wants to tell my bosses boss to eat a dick and do dead minimum, but those who know that I'm a CFP are flocking in. By just being my normal person - because I don't want to watch people burn - I end up ringing the register for the company. Puts me in a catch-22 position.

Hannah didn't get her meds yesterday and sweet christ, she was a mess all day with a breakdown at bedtime. We can't fuck that up again

Otherwise, just vegging out and going through the motions for the school district. People always mistake us for the pension, so my scheduled time ends up getting used at 10min instead.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Didn't get home until after 7pm last night. Part of me wants to tell my bosses boss to eat a dick and do dead minimum, but those who know that I'm a CFP are flocking in. By just being my normal person - because I don't want to watch people burn - I end up ringing the register for the company. Puts me in a catch-22 position.
i think it's time you give them an ultimatum. you are performing tasks / responsibilities for which you are not being compensated because they are not part of your role, and they have to choose.

Hannah didn't get her meds yesterday and sweet christ, she was a mess all day with a breakdown at bedtime. We can't fuck that up again
pill organizer dude. it helps, esp with kids.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Looks like we have no Leap Day monkey birthdays. I don't know...I'd probably choose to celebrate on March 1 those other years if I had a Leap Day birthday. Feb 28 would feel a day early. Though I'd probably actually celebrate on whatever day Mom set as the precedent when I was a kid.

Just got my second dose of shingles vaccine. This one burned going in but the arm seems fine. Also they are recommending another covid shot this spring for us old codgers
Good luck...that second shingles jab kicked my ass. Took about eight hours for it to hit and then I was a drooling vegetable the next day.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Just got my second dose of shingles vaccine. This one burned going in but the arm seems fine. Also they are recommending another covid shot this spring for us old codgers
Is the shingles vaccine a recurring thing, or are you just late to the game? I'm past that 50 yr threshold, I probably should get my ass in to the pharmacy and get the shots.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is the shingles vaccine a recurring thing, or are you just late to the game? I'm past that 50 yr threshold, I probably should get my ass in to the pharmacy and get the shots.
I need to get this myself. My wife got shingles (she was 48) when she got COVID. :rofl:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So we rounded up these geezers and asked them to show us why they need paper prints.
They print it.
They staple it.
Three hole punch.
Binder arranged by date.
This is so they can look through previous orders and they said they won't be able to find anything without the prints.
From the SQL database system.
Won't be able to find anything.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So we rounded up these geezers and asked them to show us why they need paper prints.
They print it.
They staple it.
Three hole punch.
Binder arranged by date.
This is so they can look through previous orders and they said they won't be able to find anything without the prints.
call google and tell them you need a printed hard copy of the internet

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Gonna try and GTFO of town today for a proper storm chase. Jackson then SLC. Wooooooo.

How long is it supposed to take for blood pressure meds to start lowering blood pressure? I assumed pretty quickly, like 12-24 hours. So far, nothing. @Toshi so you know?
ooh, I'm envious of your storm-chasing lifestyle flexibility. forecasts are amazing.

I have no firsthand experience re how long, but for Losartan for example I'm reading Losartan starts to reduce high blood pressure after about 1 hour but it may take 3 to 6 weeks to fully take effect
Tangentially related: It’s interesting to me that the sounds humans make to impersonate animals varies by country.
in Japanese cats say nya, dogs say wan wan, and frogs say kero kero kwa kwa kwa.
I'm sure @Toshi will tell his dad now that you've shared with the monkey...
heh, not my parents, probably people the other way. my parents have no boat. as long as you don't count my dad's silly C5 as one.
did you see the email from Jessica re such topics btw?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
if you don't mind, what's your BP untreated? mine was up to 180/120! :nope:
Yeah brother, right about there myself... :nope:

View attachment 208419

When you first started meds, about how long did they take to start bringing your BP down? And what were/are they? I'm on some combo thing... labetalol and hydrochlorothiazide I think?

EDIT: Losartan And Hydrochlorothiazide
Christ almighty. And here I was worrying about my 120ish over 80ish. Imma go eat cured meats and cheese for lunch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fuuny thing....big toe throbbing....achilles tightness in same foot.....disappeared.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
It's amazing how these people selling literal garbage on facebook are severely inconvenienced by answering a question if the item is available. I figure since they are sitting around the house broke as fuck, they would have the time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Christ almighty. And here I was worrying about my 120ish over 80ish. Imma go eat cured meats and cheese for lunch.
If one ever wondered exactly how much anxiety Pesqueeb harbors on a daily basis, one needs to look no further than the fact that he is worried about his perfect optimal blood pressure.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
ooh, I'm envious of your storm-chasing lifestyle flexibility. forecasts are amazing.
The trip to Snowbird was actually planned several months ago… The forecast just happened to align. Being able to have the flexibility to also hit Jackson in the same storm cycle is just a really lucky break.

I have no firsthand experience re how long, but for Losartan for example I'm reading Losartan starts to reduce high blood pressure after about 1 hour but it may take 3 to 6 weeks to fully take effect
Right on. I took my first dose last night, and this morning there was no change really. I did talk to my pharmacist and he said it could take a week or two to start seeing any improvement.

in Japanese cats say nya, dogs say wan wan, and frogs say kero kero kwa kwa kwa.
Frogs are adorable.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If one ever wondered exactly how much anxiety Pesqueeb harbors on a daily basis, one needs to look no further than the fact that he is worried about his perfect optimal blood pressure.
technically if he's even a tick above 120 and 80 mm Hg it's not normal.

'squeeb, you are rational even if there are those running much higher pressures.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They print it.
They staple it.
Three hole punch.
Binder arranged by date.
A coworker went on a rant today that we shouldn't be using "fancy new software" that was designed exactly for the work we do instead of drawing little pictures in hundreds of slides in power point because the software is too difficult to use. I asked if he ever tried to use the software, crickets...