Quantcast

Turner+DW+DH

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Well that's your own fault for getting upset trying to buy a bike that no one ever said was going to be for sale last year :D

Especially since two years ago this thing was nothing but a murmer and round tube single pivots were still new and in full production.
As I was saying, I heard the rumor about the frame first. I am a factory insider. I have a special factory insider license. I wear tld kits to bed. :p

But, I take that back, It was a year ago. As stated in my timeline.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So with all of these rumors, I wonder what DW's take on it is. Going from having the "best" DH bike for years to having none for a couple of years. It's gotta hurt, at least a little.

Edit: FWIW, the bike on display at the Sea Otter looked much better in person than in the pitcures.
I'm pretty sure evil can be considered his bike. No gaps here. Also if you look threw ridemonkey you will find stuff about another dw-link dh bike and a split pivot bike. Quite far from none.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
When they asked us for a solid order a few months ago they said end of may. Doesn't that natrually mean mid june at the earliest? Now they are saying june...i say late june.

Krispy

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
When they asked us for a solid order a few months ago they said end of may. Doesn't that natrually mean mid june at the earliest? Now they are saying june...i say late june.

Krispy
I always wonder why no date is real in the industry. I can understand it if the bike is in proto phase and still 1 year away but when it's really soon why not give a safe/real date instead of trying to project happy thinking? It only pissess people off and with a company that gained a lot because of it's cs it's really a bad thing. Especially that in most cases the final dates can be easily predicted...

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Funny thing is the invoice said May 27th, like they knew right to the day....I kinda chuckled.

They knew, natrually, that we would want them, but the day did come a few months back when they asked for a real order and i got the invoice, so i have serious doubts that the bike will be delayed any further unless something goes wrong in heat treat or whatever.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I always wonder why no date is real in the industry.
And I always wonder why people keep putting hard cash down on a bike that doesn't yet exist, and then get upset when the bike is not delivered on time.

If you want the bragging rights that come with having the latest and greatest you need to stay flexible on the delivery date. That's just the way it is, particularly when there are third-party manufacturers involved (sometimes more than one).

Bottom line: Don't sell your old bike until the new one is in your hands.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
And I always wonder why people keep putting hard cash down on a bike that doesn't yet exist, and then get upset when the bike is not delivered on time.

If you want the bragging rights that come with having the latest and greatest you need to stay flexible on the delivery date. That's just the way it is, particularly when there are third-party manufacturers involved (sometimes more than one).

Bottom line: Don't sell your old bike until the new one is in your hands.
I didn't order a dhr and I didn't sell my old bike. It just pisses me off. I understand being late bacuse something happened but giving the most positive date with the smallest chance of happening I don't. It's like ppl who always claim they will be late but only 5 mins while in reality they are stuck in traffic 20 miles away...

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
I didn't order a dhr and I didn't sell my old bike. It just pisses me off. I understand being late bacuse something happened but giving the most positive date with the smallest chance of happening I don't. It's like ppl who always claim they will be late but only 5 mins while in reality they are stuck in traffic 20 miles away...
No Legend yet huh?:(

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
You can always buy a classic DHR; nobody owes you the DWDHR!!

(not that I ain't salivating in preparation of a pounce!)
DONE:

And awesome it is too, I fire my fair shots across the bow now and again, but and its disappointing not too have a flagship DH bike from Turner right now but hopefully it will be not too long away, like WOO said its not been a Nat secret about it's timing!

I hope it just comes as is with the bushing issues sorted, that's what Turner does it dosen't release junk onto customers to find out the problems with after a few rides got to respect that!

Just be good to see them back racing with a team again in 2011 too. as tough as it is economically ya got to be in the game, win on Sundays sell on Mondays and that exposure only comes from racing. people don't care whats its made of or what pivot link it has if it's winning its a done deal:thumb:

My 09 GR special will have to do me for awhile, not that I'm complaining everyone who throws a leg over it is blown away by its weight and feel and its not even a weight weanie! or fancy link bike with any gimmicks just proven tech. Am stoked on my DHR certainly won't be selling her until there is a new DHR available, or if a alternative that I like can't see it am totally happy with this rig for my hackness.:weee:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
No Legend yet huh?:(
Naah, I have my legend already. Now I'm waiting for a stem. If I wanted to wait so much I'd become a monk. With legend the company itself gave real dates but the distributor was kinda testing positive thinking (4 weeks sea travel from tw to europe was the 1st date). The waiting didn't really annoy me - rather the - it will be here in 4 weeks, 1 week, 1 week instead of giving me the normal 6 weeks which is the normal time it takes for stuff to get from Taiwan here.

Last edited:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I always wonder why no date is real in the industry. I can understand it if the bike is in proto phase and still 1 year away but when it's really soon why not give a safe/real date instead of trying to project happy thinking? It only pissess people off and with a company that gained a lot because of it's cs it's really a bad thing. Especially that in most cases the final dates can be easily predicted...
Underestimate time + underestimate cost + overestimate profit = corporate operation procedure

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yeah but isn't it bad marketing when there is a lot of ppl roaming the net pissed they don't have their bike yet? In my case the contact with the company was great and the delays understandable but what's happening in other cases is really silly. In my case I was kinda ready to wait for a long time and only the last few weeks were kinda annoying as the frame came about 2-3weeks late(and before shipping I could always get an accurate date either from Jay or Keith - great CS for sure and since legends hit full production it should be less stressfull to buy them now, do it ;) ) but in some cases it takes months. Though if I did it threw our local banshee distributor I'd probably kill myself as they also sell mondraker and their complete bike times are off the roof - my friend got 1 month, 2 weeks, 1 week and than mid summer...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
In answer to Kidwoo, I'm sticking with my current DHR (which ironicly is drooled over by most everybody) and using this summer's funds to take the family on our first long vacation. My groms are 4 & 6 now, so it's time to hit the road, hopefully out west for some family fun and DH's.

The dream is Whistler, but flights for 4 make that one heck of a time crunch.

Last edited:

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
I just realized something.

Since weagle designed the suspension on this thing, will turner get a stickied, billion page tuning thread that headlines this forum? :rofl:
Better question is will it necessitate one as the other two popular DH bikes of his design have needed wonky setups and damper tunes.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Better question is will it necessitate one as the other two popular DH bikes of his design have needed wonky setups and damper tunes.
the Sunday one made sense, as there were so many people on them all asking the same question every 2 days.

Don't understand why there is an Evil one though, other than that the same guy made the page for each. . . . seems kinda silly. all the posts are from the same 3 people.

There are way more threads about the Glory and 951 than there are about the revolt.

Last edited:

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Better comment is that guy totally took your comment and completely stripped the subtext from it and made it his own comment.

Please forgive this severe transgression of mine. I know the interwebs is extremely serious business and I apologize for my errors. :thumb:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Bah, most of the IH thread is about pivot linkage issues, anyways. No idea about teh evil thread.

Maybe DT is doing such a good job of building his DW bike that all the posts in the forthcoming DWDHR sticky thread will be of the stokage this bike creates. A thread w/ nothing but pics and vids and drifts and gnar and style and speed and such?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
There are way more threads about the Glory and 951 than there are about the revolt.
Very true. Probably because there isn't a designated thread/sticky for them.....yet.

Now back to the subject at hand. I heard from a reliable source that knows someone who is also reliable on various subjects, that knows someone that owns a duck that DT is in fact scraping the whole project to go back to the FSR design for a new DH frame. It is projected and expected to be ready for sale in the future.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Bah, most of the IH thread is about pivot linkage issues.
Same exact thing for the Revolt.

"My bearings needed replacing in 3 months and a couple of my pivot axles sheared clean off, but man I sure love this bike!"

hahaha

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Same exact thing for the Revolt.

"My bearings needed replacing in 3 months and a couple of my pivot axles sheared clean off, but man I sure love this bike!"

hahaha
The sheer beauty of the Sunday thread is the first post tells you all you need to know. If each style bike had it's on locked, single post forum thread like the Chevy Blazer forums do, it would be a nice tuning reference for each brand of DH bike.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
while I agree that the sunday thread has a great first post, I also like it because everybody who owned or owns one visits it when a question is asked, if they are subscribed. Occasionally there are decent questions asked that people actually know. Much of it may not be about tuning.

Take a look at the BMW pr0n thread....half the thread is just pictures, and it's almost as long. I don't think the DWaDTDHR (pronounced Daughter????) thread will be as massive, simply because the bike will never reach the distribution of the IH Sunday...which was cheap enough to sell everywhere at many price points. When you're talking the same price for just a frame as a full bike, you won't get the same people asking questions...even if there still is a bad tune and bad pivots.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
You dare to dream.

More than likely it'll be all about getting custom stickers to coordinate colors with boxxers.
When did all black become sooo OTB now...? Three or four years back? In retrospect I really miss that.

I feel like a grumpy old man when I say this, but looking at the color schemes on most grom rides these days makes me disgusted. Punk for a day is just as offensive as metal for a day... but how can a 14 year old kid know that...?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I just realized something.

Since weagle designed the suspension on this thing, will turner get a stickied, billion page tuning thread that headlines this forum? :rofl:
Only if they come with the wrong shock tune, bend the shock bolts and have under-designed pivots. In my experience that is not turner though. :(

Sundays were relatively inexpensive, had some great suspension traits, but the first examples were not designed by DW (save for the suspension kinematics). I don't think you'll see the same things with the DHR.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Yes, you are correct there will be no dw-link on the new DH bike, and also It will have a 29er in the rear and a 27.5 up front for sick traction on the climbs. Also it's only going to be available in one color, Fuscia! In addition, it's designed around a 57T chainring because we see kamikaze coming back in a huge way and well, you gotta plan for this type of thing. Did I mention that it has 2000% anti-squat at all points in the travel and automatically opens a time vortex at the top of the hill, guaranteed for 10 seconds off your race pace or your money back. Also it will only cost $666.66 at Chain Reaction, and you can get it shipped anywhere in the world. For Free.

This bike is going to be KILLER!!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Yes, you are correct there will be no dw-link on the new DH bike, and also It will have a 29er in the rear and a 27.5 up front for sick traction on the climbs. Also it's only going to be available in one color, Fuscia! In addition, it's designed around a 57T chainring because we see kamikaze coming back in a huge way and well, you gotta plan for this type of thing. Did I mention that it has 2000% anti-squat at all points in the travel and automatically opens a time vortex at the top of the hill, guaranteed for 10 seconds off your race pace or your money back. Also it will only cost $666.66 at Chain Reaction, and you can get it shipped anywhere in the world. For Free.

This bike is going to be KILLER!!
yeah . . . but what's the head angle?