Quantcast

Upgrade incoming! Duck and cover.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The navigation seems to be a bit borked. Click on a link with a local anchor -> opens OK but immediately scrolls down past the content you want to see.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Where's my :monocle: ?!

Change is different and bad. But I guess it is ok since my transparent background avatar finally renders correctly now.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
nope, still white. although it is animated.
Before it was coming up as black with blocky borders about the body of Clarus. White is an improvement, in a pictorial/non-racial sense for the out of context thread, mind you

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The navigation seems to be a bit borked. Click on a link with a local anchor -> opens OK but immediately scrolls down past the content you want to see.
Example?

I've tested a few links and they seem to drop me to the right spot in the page.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I had a tough time deciding whether or not to Dislike your comment, or mark it Useful. :D

@binary visions -- maybe change the order of the reaction buttons so the Thumbs Down is next to the Thumbs up? Or (wait for it) was the ordering on purpose?
The sorting of the reactions is based on whether they are positive, neutral or negative, in that order. I don't see an obvious way to resort them but I'll take a closer look.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is it possible to stop some urls from being expanded into media?

For example...

I insert this as a link, but it changes to media?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Is it possible to stop some urls from being expanded into media?

For example...

I insert this as a link, but it changes to media?
Hmm, the point is to helpfully embed YouTube videos and stuff. I'll look at configuring it, seems like ignoring some kinds of media would be useful. You can always manually insert a link by actually pressing the link icon in the menu bar and pasting the link there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I mean in terms of inserting a link into typed text. Like this.

It's indistinguishable from regular text.

Edit: I guess I kind of see it now, but only because I know it's there. Used to be that the font turned ridemonkey green when it was part of a link.
Whoops, yep, you're right. I'll add that to the list to do.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hmm, the point is to helpfully embed YouTube videos and stuff. I'll look at configuring it, seems like ignoring some kinds of media would be useful. You can always manually insert a link by actually pressing the link icon in the menu bar and pasting the link there.
I did insert the link to that Imgur page via the "insert link CTRL K" button, but it still converts it to media. Makes sense for youtube and whatnot.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The sorting of the reactions is based on whether they are positive, neutral or negative, in that order. I don't see an obvious way to resort them but I'll take a closer look.
I kind of like it the new way. On Mobile it was way too easy to accidentally fat finger a "dislike" when I meant something else. YMMV?
I've got no strong preference here... now that I'm not a blind idiot and @Nick helped me find the Dislike reaction, it probably goes. Also, I tend to simply not use the negative reactions at all... if I have something "not nice" to say it's usually about a trail re-route and I save that shit for Facebook. So yeah... I have definitely fat-fingered the Dislike reaction on mobile in the previous version.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I did insert the link to that Imgur page via the "insert link CTRL K" button, but it still converts it to media. Makes sense for youtube and whatnot.
I disabled a bunch of the media sites that didn't seem to fit with the media embeds. We can continue to tweak over time.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
The site is fine on my computer, but looking at it on my Android phone kinda sucks. There is no option to go to the last page in the thread and if you click on a thread and scroll to the bottom you literally have to click through the entire thread to get to the last post. Of course there is always the chance that I am missing something obvious, but there is no way I am clicking through 1204 pages to get to the last post in the Random Picture Thread.:eek:

Screenshot_20190724-132609.jpgScreenshot_20190724-132629.jpgScreenshot_20190724-132651.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The site is fine on my computer, but looking at it on my Android phone kinda sucks. There is no option to go to the last page in the thread and if you click on a thread and scroll to the bottom you literally have to click through the entire thread to get to the last post. Of course there is always the chance that I am missing something obvious, but there is no way I am clicking through 1204 pages to get to the last post in the Random Picture Thread.:eek:

View attachment 135805View attachment 135806View attachment 135807
at the top of a thread when you open it i saw a "jump to new" button

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC

View attachment 135805View attachment 135806View attachment 135807
Noted. As a workaround, if you tap the X of X page numbers, you have the option to jump to a specific page. I will see if we can bring back the page navigation at the bottom. I think I did something custom for the last version because of similar complaints.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This is what I see when I click a link to your post in the list of alerts, I need to scroll up to actually see your post:
Do you have an ad blocker enabled?

Also, what browser?

I can't replicate so any info you can provide would be helpful.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Noted. As a workaround, if you tap the X of X page numbers, you have the option to jump to a specific page. I will see if we can bring back the page navigation at the bottom. I think I did something custom for the last version because of similar complaints.
That works BV. Thanks!
I don't see the "Jump to new" button on my phone that Jon mentioned. It is definitely on my computer, but not the phone.
Screenshot_20190724-155233.png

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mobile portrait (Android) seems to have this subscribe link over the sub-forum name.
Screenshot_20190724-203909.png

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@6thElement Thanks, I have the Bikemag banner on the list to fix but didn't realize it was an actual problem, for me it just wraps underneath the floating sticky bar.