Quantcast

US Open of MTB

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Anybody besides me vote for TeamDecline to get different color helmets so you know who you're cheering for? :D
I thought I was the only one out there who didn't know who was who.

Another shout-out to Ethan for getting top 5 in AM DH, he really was pinning it this weekend for only being on a DH bike a handful of times. Glad we were able to become friends this weekend.:cheers:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Hill pulled a line no one else could in the very last berm at the bottom. Me & Ben Hulse were watching the last 3 turns then checking the clock with each rider. Every pro took one of two lines, top of the berm then straight out to avoid the rut or just all the way around through the rut. Hill came through faster than anyone and never used ANY of the last berm...nothing. He just went right at the pole on off camber dirt and out onto the slope. Nobody but me noticed it I think.
I saw that too, was up in the rocks in the last couple of berms. Hill skipped the last berm completely on the inside but didn't slip the slightest bit, like he was on rails. I have no idea how physics allowed that much traction to his tires...

fUUBi

Chimp
Dec 9, 2006
Maxxis has made some special 25a tyres for Hill. That's why he can corner like he does...
The 25a rubber also have a name "sticky donkey" which comes from the Shrek that's actually main financial supporter for monster energy IH team.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Maxxis has made some special 25a tyres for Hill. That's why he can corner like he does...
The 25a rubber also have a name "sticky donkey" which comes from the Shrek that's actually main financial supporter for monster energy IH team.
Maxxis made 25 durometer rubber tires like 10 yrs ago, no one liked them so they stopped making them. Maybe the rubber has hardened since then and they might actually work ;)