-skins suits wont help you win, gorilla suits will
-Nate Holland is a whiny bitch

p.s.- why is this in the DH forum?

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I guess that Canadian can sit around in his tight pants fondling his silver medal while Nate Holland can sit around in his baggy pants fondling his balls.

My favorite though was the US snowboarder complaining about how the tight pants took away from the anti-establishment crap of snowboarding when the team is sponsored by Nike, Microsoft, etc....

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Haha....... That's awesome. What a cowering little girl that the canadian guy would actually apologize and go change.

I would have told Nate it's so he can appreciate my sweet ass as he stares at the back of it down the course. It's like all the little complaining girls who whined when palmer mouthed off at starting gates. Throw that shlt right back in their face. Holland of all people can take it.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Anyone see the Canadians short track speed skating tights......?....super ugly...then they're all scruffy while in those skin tight trainwrecks........

USA Mogul uniform looked pretty awful too...Canadian Mogul uni's really cool though.....

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Although is reasoning may be off point, it's pretty sweet to win a gold medal in your favorite pair of Levi's.
those are pretty sweet, actually. assuming they're using some sort of technical fabric:

surprised the boardercrossers aren't doing the skinny jean skate style though; aero AND fashionable / 'anti-establishment'(tm)

Last edited:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Proving yet again that it is, pound for pound, the most entertaining sport at these Games
Thought the course was terribly slow.....the racing was good but had the look of being slow on TV.....too many slow jumps.....

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Is this a race or a gay fashion show? Just as ridiculous as the UCI DH no skin suit rule.
"Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun." Nacho Libre

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I thought the course was great. Lots of tech jumps to mess up the flow. It made for lots of passes all the way down the course.
Good point.

Could see the aspect of it.....just thought there were a few too many of those sections...

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
keep in mind, they were racing on snow that had been airlifted in from another mountain, and piled on top of wooden structures and hay bales.
yeah.....maybe if the course was mostly froozen it would have been warp speed.....the snow did look loose and grainy, viewing from the couch......

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
yeah.....maybe if the course was mostly froozen it would have been warp speed.....the snow did look loose and grainy, viewing from the couch......

Yeah, it didnt help that the event followed the mens downhill. Those dudes rip it down hill fast!!! Its the first thing I noticed watching last night. Going from supersonic speed downhill to struggling to get out of the gate and over the first lip. both events were fun to watch though.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
OMG Seth's race run from last to first was awesome. Too bad I had to wait thru tons of figure skating to see it. Should just DVR it....

I would not want to race on slush, but at least its the same for everyone. Seeing knuckle draggers eat it by driving their leading foot into the snow is more entertaining than I thought! What did he call it? "East coast foot" or something?

Oh and way to "police", Holland :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I didn't read the Holland comment as busting on the tight jeans. I read it on their reason for going to tight jeans wasn't to swing a fashion trend, but to gain time. I don't get it. If Steve Peat busts out a "skin suit wearing faggots", everyone is on board and chuckling. Why aren't we laughing that Holland did the same thing?

As for Palmer, that sucked but at the same time was an AWESOME last effort. In typical Palmer fashion, his only shot in the last event was to finish top two. He hadn't even cracked top 5 the entire season. So what does he do? FIGHT and pull out a 3rd when he could have just looked at his other results and said "I got no shot!".

Again, irony of irony is that the guy who took second was Palmers alternate in 2006. He should have stepped aside and let Napalm take it. If not for Palmer's injury, he'd have sit at home on the couch. Pull off, let Palm go one time. Dude has plenty more chances to go for the gold. :(

But hey...even I wouldn't let Palm pass me if I thought I had the shot 10 times!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If Steve Peat busts out a "skin suit wearing faggots", everyone is on board and chuckling. Why aren't we laughing that Holland did the same thing?!
Some of us are.

He should have stepped aside and let Napalm take it.
No

No he shouldn't have. He EARNED a spot. You should know damn well the palmolive would never do the same.....because he didn't......regardless of how much you liked watching him ride a bicycle. You can't blame someone else's success on palmer's injury. That's a BS assumption.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Man, I love that snowboarders aren't bending over for the Olympics!

Personally I don't like baggy '90s skate style much anymore. But I love Rock & Roll, and doing what you love without compromise.

This Holland guy is like Morrison calling out The Birds for playing pussy covers of Dylan tunes. Rock & Roll forever!