Quantcast

USA announces gravity team for worlds..

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Mickey is dead right here. My experience is that female pros are often better verbal ambassadors of product than the guys. They like to talk up the product and how it directly benefits their riding and racing. Guys tend to get into the over-the-top tech jargon and loose the point to the entry level riders.

-ska todd

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
ska todd said:
Mickey is dead right here. My experience is that female pros are often better verbal ambassadors of product than the guys. They like to talk up the product and how it directly benefits their riding and racing. Guys tend to get into the over-the-top tech jargon and loose the point to the entry level riders.

-ska todd
I do not debate the quality of their marketing ability. My point that their market that they "sell to"is quite limited and not growing. Why give away that much free product when there is not much return on investment?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Msisle Dad said:
I do not debate the quality of their marketing ability. My point that their market that they "sell to"is quite limited and not growing. Why give away that much free product when there is not much return on investment?

The point is that racers aren't there to sell to the racers. They're there to sell bikes period.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Quite the contrary. The womens market is growing big for DH. Go up to Whistler for example and you'll see this first hand. Also, sponsorship to riders is not just about selling within that one market segment. The DH gals are particularly good at marketing products to riders in other segments such as XC and trail riding. DH guys are quite narrow in the focus sometimes while the women tend to cross market themselves and their sponsors quite well.

-ska todd

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Dunno if i missed it somewhere in these 8 pages but,more have been added,

Andrew Pierce (Jr x Park City Ut, Go-Ride.com) is going!

He and Scott put together a great letter and it worked!

Since he was not an automatic qualifier we are paying for a big ass plane ticket.
All you Utah locals- the 2nd annual Bobsled Nationals will be going down July 30th at high noon to raise money for Andrew.$5 entry fee.
Last time the money was for Van Dine, so show up and race Bobsled!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
A little off topic, but i just have to say that I agree with you completely. Women make much better abasadors for any sport. More articulate, less bravado, and both sexes like seeing sporting women in print. Look at the snowboard industry. Just five years ago, the womens marked was nothing, no girl customers and no female specific products, but mfg saw a potentiol and started a big marketing push and lots of product done 'right' for girls. This has grown into a huge section of the market. It is the cool winter sport for pre-teen to early teen girls. Now stores can't get enough pink flowered snowboards!!

Sometimes you just need to put the cart before the horse.

ska todd said:
Quite the contrary. The womens market is growing big for DH. Go up to Whistler for example and you'll see this first hand. Also, sponsorship to riders is not just about selling within that one market segment. The DH gals are particularly good at marketing products to riders in other segments such as XC and trail riding. DH guys are quite narrow in the focus sometimes while the women tend to cross market themselves and their sponsors quite well.

-ska todd

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Fshflys said:
Thank you, well said. Thanks for giving back to the community, more of your kind would be appreciated. I was standing on the MTX course at Sonoma when YOU stopped to talk with me, asked how my son liked the courses. Thank you for your concern. When I told you he had won at Deer Valley, you replied, yeah, I saw the results. Is it any wonder 90% of the crowd was rooting for you at Sonoma. Class Act.
THANKS. comments like this mean more then results, especially now that I’m a father, my parents raised me to look at everyone as my equal, plus I love the sport, truly...all classes. You’ve got great kids, and it's not a surprise, as I see you at all the events, as my parents we’re, there is no value to that kind of support. as i'm sure you are...you should be proud of them both.
See ya guys at the next one.