Quantcast

Useless Fact Thread

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
A giraffe's heart is huge. It weighs 25 pounds (over 11kg), is 2 feet long and has walls up to 3 inches thick.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
A 200 year old piece of Tibetan cheese was sold for $1513 in 1993

This lady (?) probably got none of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Celery is the only food that contains so few calories that it takes more energy to digest it than you gain back in nutritional value.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

Then you Sir, have never been to White Castle Hamburgers! It's "Jersey" fresh.
white castles arent from Jersey originally.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A male cat's penis has directional barbs on it that tear and shock the female into releasing her " egg ".

This really pisses her off and she whips around and claws the male.

Male cats fight for breeding rights with other males then get beat down by the female. It makes human dating seem so much easier.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The hottest chili pepper in the world is an Indian chili called Bhut Jolokia at a Scoville rating of 1 million plus.

The second hottest is the Red Savina, a member of the Habanero family, with a Scoville rating of 577,000.

A standard Chinese variety Habanero rates between 200,000 - 300,000 Scoville units.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
The hottest chili pepper in the world is an Indian chili called Bhut Jolokia at a Scoville rating of 1 million plus.

The second hottest is the Red Savina, a member of the Habanero family, with a Scoville rating of 577,000.

A standard Chinese variety Habanero rates between 200,000 - 300,000 Scoville units.
good lord man, i hope you have a site you're looking all this stuff up on, and don't actually know all this off the top of your head

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
I have a vast wealth of useless knowledge.

The chili pepper thing is a hobby of mine though. I have eaten the Red Savina on many occasions. The Bhut Jolokia, or Ghost Chili, I have yet to try.
i've had a hot sauce made with the red savina and other various hot peppers...i don't remember what the scoville unit was though...all i remember is 2 drops of the stuff would make any chili almost too hot to eat...i put some on the end of a toothpick and tried it around 8 in the evening...my mouth was still burning the next day

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Termites cannot digest cellulose. Protozoans in their digestive tract do it for them.

They receive these beneficial protozoans in the larval stage, where they are fed the fecal matter of their older brethren.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Termites cannot digest cellulose. Protozoans in their digestive tract do it for them.

They receive these beneficial protozoans in the larval stage, where they are fed the fecal matter of their older brethren.
A single termite can produce 1 liter of gaseous hydrogen from a standard sheet of 8.5"x11" paper.