Quantcast

vaccinations : part 2 : children -and- adults

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stosh: laura is right. no literature supports a vaccine-autism connection. my personal research as a medical student was in autism, and my lab found structural changes going back to 6 months after birth. this is well before vaccines.

the problem is genetic and developmental, in that the baby was probably destined or at least predisposed to having it from the time the brain formed way back in utero in the first trimester.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
the problem is genetic and developmental, in that the baby was probably destined or at least predisposed to having it from the time the brain formed way back in utero in the first trimester.
That was basically what our friend had found in her research, (as I remember) - kids who are going to get it, get it. There is no definitive cause.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
pre-natal vitamins, especially folic acid and good fats (DHA?).

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Opie, good point about the collective aspect of the vaccine preservatives if they are spaced out, didn't think about that.

Yes, we need certain minerals but mercury, aluminium, cadmium, lead etc are NOT the ones we want. These toxic metals are cumulative and there is no way for the body to eliminate them.
FYI, the vaccines I make are preserved with Borate. One I don't work on (Pnuemo) is phenol I believe.

Please refer back to Opie's first thread about Thimerisol history and cnn article on current arguements.

Funny you posted this today. I just took my baby in for his 6 month shots- he got 2 in each leg. I asked the exact same question: Should I space these shots out doc?? He wasn't concerned at all and the guy is older than dirt- he was my pediatrician. We both agreed there is a lot of dirt in the business and the consumer advertising is way out of hand, but overall vaccines are very noble.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
pre-natal vitamins, especially folic acid and good fats (DHA?).
those probably don't hurt (and help in preventing neural tube defects for sure), but the truth is that no one really knows.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
stosh: laura is right. no literature supports a vaccine-autism connection. my personal research as a medical student was in autism, and my lab found structural changes going back to 6 months after birth. this is well before vaccines.

The main arguement is mitochondrial dsyfunction now right??? There are many triggers. People are trying to link it to Thimerisol, but often the diseases prevented can cause mitochondrial dsyfunctio too. I don't really know how much of it is concise, but it was agreed infants were getting too much mercury.

That's all I know, so if you've read any good papers or heard some new stuff in medical school, it would be cool to hear.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
FYI, the vaccines I make are preserved with Borate. One I don't work on (Pnuemo) is phenol I believe.

Please refer back to Opie's first thread about Thimerisol history and cnn article on current arguements.
My comment was based on Opie's post:

They've also reduced the content of all metals, like aluminum. Thing is, we need iron, zinc and other metals and we're exposed to metals all the time, so my inexpert opinion is that the scare is way overblown.

I know that mercury, etc have been reduced or removed from vaccines. I was making a general statement that it's a good idea keep toxic metals out of your kid, wherever they are found.

I have read that some independent studies of toys have found ot just lead but elevated levels of cadmium and other crazy sh1t. It's just not the same world we grew up in. Toys are made by large corps who farm out the manufacturing to vendors in Asia who in turn farm it out again and again till nobody knows where the fvck stuff is made and to what standards (if any).

All I'm saying is, watch carefully what your kid chews on or gets shot up with.

Especially when they grow up. :twitch:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
really?

we were told by western medicine, aternative medical people, everyone seemed to think they were really important.
They ARE really important, depending on who you ask. Basically you can do everything right and still have major birth defects in your babies and you can do everything wrong and have super healthy kids. There are things you can do to improve your chances of healthy pregnancies and healthy babies but it's generally a crap shoot. IMO parental worrying/stress is the worst thing for the baby more often than not.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
He became a "Nancy" When................................................
I'm sorry that my excitement over my first born child and my efforts to educate myself to be the best father I can be has annoyed so many monkeys.

What can I do to fix this? How about a joke?

Knock Knock.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm sorry that my excitement over my first born child and my efforts to educate myself to be the best father I can be has annoyed so many monkeys.

What can I do to fix this? How about a joke?

Knock Knock.
It's all fine & dandy being excited about having a child, and educating yourself. However all your thinking you know all the tricks of the trade about raising a child is getting way too old. You've turned into a wuss, and two women rasing a child isn't good. Your boy is going to need a father figure, try this place www.pleasegetsomeballs.com :biggrin:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's all fine & dandy being excited about having a child, and educating yourself. However all your thinking you know all the tricks of the trade about raising a child is getting way too old. You've turned into a wuss, and two women rasing a child isn't good. Your boy is going to need a father figure, try this place www.pleasegetsomeballs.com :biggrin:
I've asked FAR more questions than I've answered, yeah?

I'm thinking you're not getting enough attention at home and this is how you feel inside.

You're stalking for attention is so very cute.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I've asked FAR more questions than I've answered, yeah?

I'm thinking you're not getting enough attention at home and this is how you feel inside.

You're stalking for attention is so very cute.
I've been too busy doing "Man" things around the house + coach my son's baseball team 3-4 days a week to not get enough attention. Thanks for your concern though:cheers:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've been too busy doing "Man" things around the house + coach my son's baseball team 3-4 days a week to not get enough attention. Thanks for your concern though:cheers:
And yet, you find plenty of time to stalk me, so much so that I just ordered...

Remember kids, you're no one until you've got a stalker.

Durt

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
I have 2 children. We did everything "right", took every precaution we could, vitamins, healthy diet, exercise during pregnancy, cut out caffiene, the whole bit.

Our first child was born with multiple problems. After a mind boggling amount of testing he was found to have a genetic defect, Trisomy8. He later developed autism or autism like symptoms. Despite early intervention, treatment, and schooling, the symptoms persist to this day. Damn frustrating. In his 16 years, that poor kid has seen more doctors, been poked and prodded so many times, and endured more surgeries than the entire rest of my family combined.

The second time around, again we did everything "right" and everything was fine. Our daughter has had no health issues of any kind other than common illnesses.

Both children received the recommended course of vaccines. I do not believe that Autism is caused by vaccines or their preservatives.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I have 2 children. We did everything "right", took every precaution we could, vitamins, healthy diet, exercise during pregnancy, cut out caffiene, the whole bit.

Our first child was born with multiple problems. After a mind boggling amount of testing he was found to have a genetic defect, Trisomy8. He later developed autism or autism like symptoms. Despite early intervention, treatment, and schooling, the symptoms persist to this day. Damn frustrating. In his 16 years, that poor kid has seen more doctors, been poked and prodded so many times, and endured more surgeries than the entire rest of my family combined.

The second time around, again we did everything "right" and everything was fine. Our daughter has had no health issues of any kind other than common illnesses.

Both children received the recommended course of vaccines. I do not believe that Autism is caused by vaccines or their preservatives.
That's rough bro. I'm glad y'all had a second child. I know people who gave up and didn't expand their family like they wanted to.

And yeah, sometimes, no matter what you do, things are just out of your control.

I hope they find something that will help improve your son's quality of life.