Quantcast

Vail needs to include a "reach around" in the price of their Lift Ticket

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah the times I went out there you had to hike. Steep or not it was by far the best snow on the mountain. That's actually where I dropped my first 40 footer.
Yep - those chutes hold snow *days* after a storm. It's really a pity they're so short. If they were another 1000 vertical the Boat would be the best resort in the state.

You should come out and ski eagle's nest at squaw sometime. Steep.
The only time I skied Squaw I was a n00B. Although that $hit is *still* probably a bit too rich for my blood. :D

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Order of desirability of Front Range Resorts:

WP/Mary Jane
A-Basin
Copper
Breck
Loveland
Sol Vista
Not Skiing
Keystone
Eldora

:D

Just for the record - I don't actually consider Vail & Beaver Creek "Front Range" though most people do.
Do they even exist anymore? I thought they become something like the Granby Ranch?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Boy, I think I'll stay right here. I've got five ski areas within 70 miles that range from fun family style to Resort -
Lookout is $28 on a weekend, Silver is $44, Schweitzer is $49, Mt. Spokane $36, 49 is $40.

I think we've got more snow than CO too, right now.
My season pass is free ( volunteer)

gg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Boy, I think I'll stay right here. I've got five ski areas within 70 miles that range from fun family style to Resort -
Lookout is $28 on a weekend, Silver is $44, Schweitzer is $49, Mt. Spokane $36, 49 is $40.

I think we've got more snow than CO too, right now.
My season pass is free ( volunteer)

gg
You have more snow than god right now.

Quit rubbing it in.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My brother resides in Avon, and cooks and plays menu adviser at a restaraunt at the base of the mountain, part time, for his lift. Saved him 800 something $$s. Could work out to be a good deal for him. Vail is without a doubt one of the best mountains I have ever skiied. (Skiied in Europe, Canada and all over the West, btw!) If you cant find a deal on a lift ticky, you just arent trying...

Why is that odd? Because boarders are generally illiterate? :confused: :p
hahaha i actually have to agree with you after working at bachelor the past couple days....but no just being the boarder reading skiing mags, for some reason i actually identify with them more than boarding mags (except for ones like snowboard journal)...oh and this illiterate boarder did write 57 pages one the subcultures of mtn biking ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
hahaha i actually have to agree with you after working at bachelor the past couple days....but no just being the boarder reading skiing mags, for some reason i actually identify with them more than boarding mags (except for ones like snowboard journal)...oh and this illiterate boarder did write 57 pages one the subcultures of mtn biking ;)
I hope you had a good editor. :p