Quantcast

Val di Sole (ITA) 2013 World Cup #2

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
I don't think he's the village simpleton...

Pretty much every interview and post race win chat he has talked about how well his team did, and what a great team effort it was, and how well the greatest bike/fork/product that he was riding in the world performed so much better then anything else could possibly have. The dude reps the products hes paid to rep pretty avidly.
do you imagine that he loved to do marketing talk? if he ever wanted to do what he wants, it would be different outcome.

Simpleton? I rather think about ability to focus on a few things in the mind i.e. racing. That's all.

Back to team managers, that plays big role in the whole scheme, I think. Look at Brawn, team manager at former Benetton team in F1 and switched to Mercedes with Lewis and Rosberg. He definitely has big influence on results no matter which car or best ingenieurs you have.

We dont expect neither that Rossi or Lewis know eveything about settings in car/mc. Rossi didnt win because bad communication there in the team.

I had to stop give examples :D

Last edited:

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Check out the wheelbase on new GT Fury. Super long. Must be very stable on WC tracks.

2014 Fury
M: 1231mm, L: 1257mm

Here are the numbers for Trek and Specialized:

2013 Demo
M: 1191mm, L: 1208mm

2013 Session
M: 1184mm, L: 1209mm, XL: 1230mm

Last edited:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
My Nicolai M-Pire had an uber long WB and it felt amazing on anything fast and rough. Tight switchbacks were a problem though. These look reasonable actually.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Long bikes with low BB's and appropriately positioned bars have always been where it's at. Thank god this era of stupid short little BMX/DH bikes might be coming to an end.

Now we just need to get over the equally stupid "slack seat angle" thing and put the seats in a position that makes sense.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
What a crappy way to go down. It looks like its impossible to see what is under all the powder dirt. Still not a way I would have expected Sam to crash.

Would like to see how Danny Hart crashed seemed like he was the only one to crash in that spot.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
What a crappy way to go down. It looks like its impossible to see what is under all the powder dirt. Still not a way I would have expected Sam to crash.

Would like to see how Danny Hart crashed seemed like he was the only one to crash in that spot.