toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Out of interest - why? What was the benefit on a slalom bike?
Watching Lopes back then was ridiculous. He will always to me be the best bike handler ever. Nico in DH, Lopes in anything else. His public persona aside, dude is the quickest human on a bike.

Not many could spin the gears he could...and at the RPM's no less. To think dude is in my age bracket and still punching World Cuppers.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Watching Lopes back then was ridiculous. He will always to me be the best bike handler ever. Nico in DH, Lopes in anything else. His public persona aside, dude is the quickest human on a bike.

Not many could spin the gears he could...and at the RPM's no less. To think dude is in my age bracket and still punching World Cuppers.
Graves makes him look shabby ;)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Does vital have betting going on?

and if they do, will they have a 'will Joey make the main' separate bet? ;)

Was checking the (wicked) pics from Gary and Sven on vital and that dirt looks like the best dirt ever! With todays rain, and the expected sunshine all weekend, this could be the best race of the season (since champery was such a sh1t show).

Can't friggin wait.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
check the mags from 15 years ago when Lopes and I did that gearing to his slalom bikes.
how did you manage that? Was 9T even around for BMX back then? (don't think so) and 7 speed was still relitively common anyway.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I just sent Emmeline Ragot a new M9FRO, she just got it built...looks like it worked as she is the #1 qualifier by 4 seconds.
Matti on a new one too in 15th.

Stoked for bryceland....blenki is the world champ of qualis.

Bryn did not make the cut! and that Joey Schusler kid did not qualify again...ouch

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
elliot jackson.... is that the same elliot jackson that has been discussed on the boards here a fair amount?

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Nice one Bennedict, it's about time that sucka rode one of these like he can!

And uhh, what the hell is up with Schusler? If he was ever going to pull his sh!t together, he would have by now...

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Fraser, any news on what happened to Bryn? There is a little lady here in our condo that is dying to know...

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
shimano makes (made?) the capreo 9t 9spd cogset (for small wheel applications like folders); uses a funky freehub body.

Yup, that's what is on there. Except DT made a special 150 DH freehub body instead of that pos Shimano.

Word on the street is that SRAM is working on a crazy "powerdome" style 9 spd micro cassette....

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Nice one Bennedict, it's about time that sucka rode one of these like he can!

And uhh, what the hell is up with Schusler? If he was ever going to pull his sh!t together, he would have by now...
Hell ya Brad B!!!!

He just missed qualifying last weekend because his bike got hung up w/ a rider he caught or something like that. Boy can crush the gnar.

NorCal killing it in Italy; Brad Benedict and Mr. Keene "The American Dream" both in the main show.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Roger Rinderknect is 1st in 4x qualifiers just .45 ahead of Graves, good to see as Roger, I think, is just back from ankle break sustained at UCI supercross Rd.1 in Madrid earlier this year.

Beerten beat Molcik in a field of just 11

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
So, I think of races as normally happening on sunday, which is why I missed champery last week. Is the DH on saturday or sunday? It looks like sunday according to freecaster?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
from FB :headbang:
Chris Kovarik:
Anyone running FLAT BARS in downhill is going no where except back to squidville were you born! Or for the next lap on the xc trail? Its a fact, punch yourself in the face and wake up, turn the heavy metal up untill your eyes bleed and ears explode. .. . . .!