Quantcast

~Vengeday asleep at the wheel GMT^

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I think I shall go riding today. Perhaps a short loop at White Ranch or perhaps Chimpex.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
sleepy. at the wheel. c'mon coffee
:stupid:

Had my best night's sleep in quite a while. but can't wake up. to compound this effect, a power outage yesterday set my coffee machine timer back about 4 hours. so my machine wasn't ready to make coffee when I woke up. ugh.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Due to the size of the payout associated with my hail claim the insurance company made out the check as co-payable to the lien holder. Apparently they had no idea what to do in that instance, so now the money sits on hold in a money market account earning 1.75% APY. Okay, if you insist I guess.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept like crap. Went for a run last night once the temps dropped to the low 80s. I carried water and drank but I cramped up even after a bottle of gatoraid was consumed post run. Trapezius and gastrocnemius gaveme fits all night. Twas a good hard run though.

Coffee , yogurt, then off to short bus land oh joy

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sleepy, yes. Snugglecat woke me up at 5:40, the alarm clock followed at 6, coffee does not seem to have enough magic to wake me up. Overcast skies aren't helping either.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Coffee is doing its thing.

Almost done planning dude bike trip for June 16-19. Depart Asheville and head to Raccoon Mtn. in Chattanooga, Tn. Then to Monte Sano trails in Hunstville, Alabama. Then to Colwater Mtn. in Anniston, Alabama. Then on to Chicopee in Gainesville, Ga.

Anybody ever ridden any of these?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hello all. I think I shall go riding today. Perhaps a short loop at White Ranch or perhaps Chimpex.
Chimpex will likely be ridden later by us. I want to do a double loop for the full 24 mile/4100ft vert effect :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Coffee maker worked, shopping avoided for another day.
Working on work, then biking on bike. Not sure of the timing for the latter. If I was smart I'd go right now, but smart I ain't.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
@Dirtrider is Chicopee a destination worthy trail system? Maybe you don't know given the query at the end of your post. I am just returning to the scene and can't really offer an opinion.

If you are just looking for an Atlanta area option, you might consider Blankets Creek as well. If you are interested in multi-riding genre system, you can also check out Big Creek in Roswell.

In other news, played Tennis last night and won. 6-1, 6-4, then hid from the downpour and drank beer and Rye until 11:30

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
what does that look like, starting from the top? :hmm:
This was a few weeks ago, second downhill was with Tim.

Straight down Apex first time, second was via Hardscrabble/Grubstake/PickNSledge/Apex.
doubleapex.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No I mean, is "double loop" down Apex up CG, then down CG up Apex?
Down apex up CG and repeat.

Not often we ride the loop the other way as the bike path climb up to Apex is a drag. I think I have done it in opposing directions before, but with a lunch break in between.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Down apex up CG and repeat.

Not often we ride the loop the other way as the bike path climb up to Apex is a drag. I think I have done it in opposing directions before, but with a lunch break in between.
I may be in the minority here, but I think the descent of CG is a ripper. Especially if you can ride midday with little to no traffic. Different than Apex for sure, but super fun, and fast.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. FTS.

Haley needs full finger gloves and some shoes that will actually stick to her pedals and the ground for that matter. Her current bike shoes are an old pair of sneakers with no rubber left on the sole, so she has no traction on slopes. I'm thinking a pair of Vans' Classics and some Fox gloves, but Wifey will kill me if I drop another $75 for "no apparent reason" on bike stuff. I might solicit Haley to spend some of her piggy bank money for bike gear. Apparently 5.10 makes kid shoes too, but I think that might be a little aggressive to start with.

The ht is ready to go, just waiting for the fork now. I was able to set the tires with ease, so I'll be running a 2.4 Maxxis Advantage front and 2.35 Crossmaxx in the rear. We'll see how that works out on our super buff Backcountry trails.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I may be in the minority here, but I think the descent of CG is a ripper. Especially if you can ride midday with little to no traffic. Different than Apex for sure, but super fun, and fast.
The only problem is that you miss EF.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I love the CG descent, generally hit that on the way to White Ranch or for a @Toshi shuttle to GGSP :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
On second thought I feel lazy today. Working from home computer in basement instead and getting things off my work-related to-do list instead of pedaling around.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm thinking a pair of Vans' Classics and some Fox gloves, but Wifey will kill me if I drop another $75 for "no apparent reason" on bike stuff.
Homeboy listed the bike for $100, I offered him $60, when I told him what I was doing, he said it was $40. Then I speced out $80 in cranks, pedals, bottom bracket, seat, grips, tires, chain ring and chain. I still need to order a sticker kit ($20), but he will have a Redline Pitboss rolling Skyway mags, Comp 3 16x1.75 tires, 150mm cranks (a little room to grow), fully functional brakes and a juicy flame paint scheme.

The wife has no idea I am spending that much on parts, but I spent nearly that much on the free bike I built for the neighbor kid. But I showed her the price tag on a new Pitboss just to prep her. She said she would have killed me if I spent $350 on a 4 year olds bike. :rofl:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Attempted 11 mile run ended at 2.2 miles when I totally crapped out, turned around, made the down hill run home, but mile 4 felt worse than last weeks mile 10. My back is still killing me from Mondays excursion behind the galley to fix fried electrical stuff, and pretty sure i did something else bad to it attempting to lift a tow bar yesterday afternoon. I feel like shit and I am not motivated. Also, last solo weekend day for a while. Kids last full day at school is today, wifes last full day at school is tomorrow. Today I will accomplish nothing and make it the day of Shane.

Guess what fucking dog I saw running around loose on my way home this morning? :mad:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Coffee is doing its thing.

Almost done planning dude bike trip for June 16-19. Depart Asheville and head to Raccoon Mtn. in Chattanooga, Tn. Then to Monte Sano trails in Hunstville, Alabama. Then to Colwater Mtn. in Anniston, Alabama. Then on to Chicopee in Gainesville, Ga.

Anybody ever ridden any of these?
Raccoon Mtn is a fun loop as are the trails at Monte Sano (although a long time since I've ridden them)

Head the scenic route towards Chatt and go via the Ducktown area in TN, there used to be good trails near the Ocoee White Water centre. You'll also head near Tsali which was fun for a loop if I recall. Then on the way home go hit Bull Mountain in Dahlonega, GA :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you'll regret it.
I haven't been sleeping great the last few nights. I only have a couple of things rolling now at work but one of them is a big one (my pile of paperwork to get promoted). I think clearing some of that mental brush will help me the most right now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FTS. Went to bed at 6 last night and then woke up at 6 this morning. Immediately grabbed the phone and wrote an email informing the bossman that I would not be coming into work today. Went back to sleep for a few hours.

All of that sleep seems to have helped. I don't feel as bad, but still feel like poop. Contemplating going out for tonights group ride, just to get some fresh air and stuff.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am supposed to be a guide in a social group ride this evening but I am not sure if I have enough shimz to pull it off today. :dead: Been feeling like crap lately.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
With my current workload I am upset that my Megamillions ticket from last night didn't end the need for subservience. Hopefully tonights Powerball can remedy that.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, my sweet friends. I had a good ride on the douchermobile last night (tri bike). 21 miles at 20.2 mph. At one point during one of my hard intervals, there was a van over my left shoulder not passing me. It eventually pulled up beside me and I was expecting something derogatory, but the old guy driving yelled "30 mph! Impressive!" and gave me a thumbs up. It was nice to not be called a fag or told to get the fock off the road.