Quantcast

Vermont US National Championships July 18-22

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
who all is in attendance? just about every fast kid from So Cal who I know is gonna be there...

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
i think there are more updates on conditions in the Mt Snow Upddates forum topic.

DH is still up in the air.. Although Americans aren't yet up to par against the rest of the world, it should still be a battle amongst themselves.

I think Cody Warren, Duncan Riffle & Luke Strobel (if he's there) have the strongest chance on winning... guys like TJ Sharp, Cole Bangert & Geritt Beytagh are also fast & are doing well... Geritt's been under the weather & TJ's a pinner, but also can explode at times. once he gets his game on, he'll be tough to beat for sure.

in MTX, EC's an easy favorite. Houseman is back & seems to be near 100%. Ross Milan is a fierce competitor, but i think in slalom, EC will take the victory.

for the women, Buhl should be able to win in both DH & Slalom easily. spoke to her a few min ago.. she thinks she qualified 1st in slalom.. but didn't check the results

So sad... i think Utopia will have multiple US Champs again... but since the program is now over, it'll be a bitter sweet celebration for me. oh well

EDIT: (for the post below mine)... shoot forgot abut Van Dine... definately a top contender! the boy was out so long last year that i totally forgot about him! sorry bro!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
So sad... i think Utopia will have multiple US Champs again... but since the program is now over, it'll be a bitter sweet celebration for me. oh well
Whats worse is EC will win and I have to imagine he was low on salary, big on bonuses (National Champion Title Bonus) with Utopia....and that may not happen.

Crappy....at least he will have his fat mongoose bonus for that win.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Glad to see so much excitement over what is supposed to be the Highlight of US racing. If we as riders cant make a buzz over an important race how are we ever going to attract sponsors.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
pro slalom finals in 3 hours. the dh track is starting to dry a little bit, but the ruts and holes are holding water like no other. speaking of ruts, they're getting pretty big by now. I think swanguen took the junior x slalom title last night. clear skies, too.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
pro slalom finals in 3 hours. the dh track is starting to dry a little bit, but the ruts and holes are holding water like no other. speaking of ruts, they're getting pretty big by now. I think swanguen took the junior x slalom title last night. clear skies, too.
Thanks for update

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
^ good point.
I read on sh1ttermag.com a few days ago they were 'covering' vermont, I see nothing.

So....whats the latest?
I think damian breach was thinking about going, but ended up having to go directly to Whistler as he had to cover more of the aussie guys.

I had thrown out the idea that i would do the update, unfortuantely i wasn't able to make it either (for obvious reasons)... & everyone else is either at or on their way to Whistler... so i don't think anyone is available. donno

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I think damian breach was thinking about going, but ended up having to go directly to Whistler as he had to cover more of the aussie guys.

I had thrown out the idea that i would do the update, unfortuantely i wasn't able to make it either (for obvious reasons)... & everyone else is either at or on their way to Whistler... so i don't think anyone is available. donno
It said some dude named 'kevin sharamazu' or something was covering it for litter, same guy fraser said was 'covering' it and transcend has an update from 2 days ago as well.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
oh that's right... Kevin said he was goin... i donno what's goin on there. I know he shoots a lot of video, so i donno how much time w/ photos he had. i couldn't get ahold of him on his cell a few days ago, so i donno what's up. was that kevin's update on Transcend? i donno if he even made it up there for sure

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Jr X results from Kierean Bennett...

JD won jnr X, tim price 2nd, tyler mc caul 3rd, brad oien 4th for DH

taylor calvert won jnr x slalom, brad oien 2nd

spoke to Joey Schhusler - he said he got 4th in the JrX slalom... had a mechanical apparently in the semi's

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
oh that's right... Kevin said he was goin... i donno what's goin on there. I know he shoots a lot of video, so i donno how much time w/ photos he had. i couldn't get ahold of him on his cell a few days ago, so i donno what's up. was that kevin's update on Transcend? i donno if he even made it up there for sure
He takes good photos.

from his site said:
July 20- vermont was much drier today by which i mean all the moisture came at you from the ground up and mixed with a bunch of poop and would stick to anything. phil broke his finger sticking it out while drinking tea like the classy bastard that he is. dave camp is complaining that his brakes are getting fondled too much. i think dual nascaring qualifications went off tonight but i was hanging out at the ol' water cooler talking business with some important types like they do in real offices. oh yeah and dave camp is watching me type right now and he is really freaked out because i dont type like a proper gentlemen with all ten of my fingers where they should be. take that however you want. perv.

July 19- i've been less wet from swimming than i was today shooting a mountain bike race. dual srorrum has 3 turns and is barely cooler than watching nascar. the bike wash drains out across the track which is great for all the sport xc douches who need their stupid weener bikes to be clean every 30 seconds so they can ride them around the parking lot and look good for all 13 people who are here watching the awesome event. the dual track has 3 turns in it and they are all banked turned, not berms. then there is a straight away that they disguised as turns by making you wiggle your bike around a couple times and calling them gates. the downhill is pretty sweet if you dont mind having ass pee issues but since we are all just a bunch of kids it's cool because kids like playing in the mud.
:brows:
- http://www.cotrials.com/

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Any updates on Derek Teel? Jr X kid? Christian Wrightjunior sport up and comer? Dual Slalom yet? Qualifying for Dh?
Pro slalom practice should be underway or just finsihing... Finals should be up soon.

DH Qualifying is around 11 or noon tomorrow after morning practice session.

there's apparently another practice session for an hour in the afternoon then finals start at around 4pm i believe.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Who is chris herndon?
pics? who does he ride for? etc???
Anyone want to give him a sponsor shout out for him?
And what the heck happened to EC in slalom, never before was their a bigger shoe in-wow??

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Men's Slalom Final
1. Chris Herndon
2. Rich Houseman
3. George Stephenson
4. Joe Haley

Women's Slalom Final
1. Melissa Buhl
2. Kathy Pruitt
3. Lisa Myklak
4. Caroline Jarolimek

apparently EC crashed in the first round against David Camp... went into the first turn too hot & couldn't hold it. Bummer

brief report from USACycling.org....

In the other major pro event on Saturday, Christopher Herndon (Etowah, N.C./Specialized-Cane Creek) descended to a national title in the men’s dual slalom, while Melissa Buhl (Chandler, Ariz./KHS) captured the women’s crown. The eighth-seeded Herndon outrode seventh-seeded Rich Houseman (Oceanside, Calif./Yeti-Fox) in men’s final after all of the top seeds were eliminated in the earlier rounds. In the women’s contest, the top seeds progressed to the final as the top-seeded Buhl ousted Kathy Pruitt (Lake Almanor, Calif./Jamis), the number-two seed, for the win.

In the consolation rounds, George Stephenson (Folsom, Calif./Northern Lights) won the bronze medal over Joe Haley (Raleigh, N.C./Eastern Bikes-Maxxis) in the men’s category, while Lisa Myklak (Boulder, Colo./Leelikesbikes.com) beat Caroline Jarolimek (Silverthorne, Colo./The Fix) in the women’s division.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Who is chris herndon?
pics? who does he ride for? etc???
Anyone want to give him a sponsor shout out for him?
And what the heck happened to EC in slalom, never before was their a bigger shoe in-wow??
I believe Chris is from North Carolina... not positive... he's mainly been racing the east coast races these days.

He's been riding for Specialized & i know he at least previously rode for Cane Creek... not sure about that anymore. I set him up on Utopia early on in the season... but he kinda diappeared off the radar for a while, so i haven't heard from him in quite some time

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yes, Specialized rider. Went to worlds last year, too. Rode the first WC in Vigo, and has been laying low lately, spending time on top of the podiums at east coast races.