Quantcast

***Wacky Wednesderp GMT***

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Morning!

Currently contemplating buying a 3D printer. This seems like a good decision, no?
I love my Tevo Tornado. I'm not printing all kinds of useless crap anymore but it's awesome for the occasional custom part. You can even buy wood filament that can be sanded and painted. There is a learning curve but it's not that hard.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I just want this all to be over

wife fell down the stairs in the middle of the night a few nights ago. Blew out her other knee, probably needing another repair. So now I have two little kids I'm trying to keep entertained, a wife who is laid up but refuses to rest out of guilt, a job that requires at least some attention, and the only way to blow off steam now is drinking. I'm not gonna make it....
You know what would help, right?

@stoney and @Toshi can probably fill you in...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

wife fell down the stairs in the middle of the night a few nights ago. Blew out her other knee, probably needing another repair. So now I have two little kids I'm trying to keep entertained, a wife who is laid up but refuses to rest out of guilt, a job that requires at least some attention, and the only way to blow off steam now is drinking. I'm not gonna make it....
And that is the main reason we sold the multistory place 17 years ago and have only bought single story Ranch Style homes since then (2). We were not going to have that happen as we got older. Fuck stairs.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Spent a couple hours cleaning the garage. Was about to switch the tires on the car when I saw we're supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow. No love for covid snow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And that is the main reason we sold the multistory place 17 years ago and have only bought single story Ranch Style homes since then (2). We were not going to have that happen as we got older. Fuck stairs.
not a lot of single story ranch homes in the boston area.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Get a Prusa. You know they are good when they 3D print them using other Prusa printers. All they need is self-consciousness!
View attachment 143311

Ask me how I know!!

Many EU countries are a clusterfuck. I guess that's what happens when you listen to the WHO bureaucrats!
I love my Tevo Tornado. I'm not printing all kinds of useless crap anymore but it's awesome for the occasional custom part. You can even buy wood filament that can be sanded and painted. There is a learning curve but it's not that hard.
Was thinking about the Creality Ender 3. Pretty darn cheap with decent reviews.

When in doubt, crank one out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Get a Prusa. You know they are good when they 3D print them using other Prusa printers. All they need is self-consciousness!
View attachment 143311

Ask me how I know!!

Many EU countries are a clusterfuck. I guess that's what happens when you listen to the WHO bureaucrats!
WHO.....chinese gov't PR.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I would never sleep a wink if my wife was going up and down stairs. She's got two titanium knees and one hip already.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Was thinking about the Creality Ender 3. Pretty darn cheap with decent reviews.
The brand mostly doesn't matter. They are all commodity parts with logos silkscreened on and different firmware. The only thing I would warn is you will bump up against the size limitations with that one if you start printing a lot of stuff. Printing things in pieces SUX

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I don't need to build another 26 steel single speed.

Where's my sponsor?

I need to stay off craigslist.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Where's my sponsor?

I need to stay off craigslist.
my on one 26 inch steel fork is supposed to be here today....if it gets delivered to the right address...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20200408_181644.jpg

radiohead will be streaming old live shows until this bullshit is over with.....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
awesome ride in the woods with the 10yo. first time in over a year that he's wanted to go. went at a chill pace and i was super encouraging. he had a good time and felt great about it. great success! pics in appropriate thread.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Looked at a new place today. Kind of cool. Third floor in a Prewar Elevator building. Private roof deck and storage. No utilities, free cable and internet, and a free parking spot if I sign a lease.