Quantcast

Waffle House Wedding..

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Here, let's compromise.

Redneck = White trash with 4X4s and racist tendencies.
What's the compromise in that from my end?:brow:

Well, BS, by YOUR personal definition of the term, I am not a redneck.

So, since you offered the compromise, just what entails the 'country' lifestyle I enjoy? What describes what you've read about what I've revealed about my personal side?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
What's the compromise in that from my end?:brow:

Well, BS, by YOUR personal definition of the term, I am not a redneck.

So, since you offered the compromise, just what entails the 'country' lifestyle I enjoy? What describes what you've read about what I've revealed about my personal side?
I got the 4X4's from your side.

Country = rural living, non white trash.

moose99ps

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
bend, oregon
Rednecks do NOT drink good beer. They drink crap beer.
well now that depends on the person.... just because it cost 20 bucks for a 12 pack doesnt mean its GOOD beer to me but it may to you... and the southern states dont have the imported beers or the microbrew beers the rest of the country does.. its all in taste not what YOU think... and to every person redneck means something diffrent.. stereotypes are retarded.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
well now that depends on the person.... just because it cost 20 bucks for a 12 pack doesnt mean its GOOD beer to me but it may to you... and the southern states dont have the imported beers or the microbrew beers the rest of the country does.. its all in taste not what YOU think... and to every person redneck means something diffrent.. stereotypes are retarded.....
If they're drinking good beer they are NOT a redneck.

Case CLOSED.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
OK, not to distract from the lovely couple nuptials, let me explain myself a bit:

Redneck as a culture thing means to me that I prefer the 'country' lifestyle of living. i.e. rather grill out with a cooler full of good beer out back on a lake somewhere; proud of my southern heritage; the fact that there are certain values I have as a 'redneck' southerner, I say m'aam and sir, respect my elders, treat people nicely, etc.

I do not own a trailer, or have cars on blocks, a coon dog on the porch, nor do I beat my wife, smoke Pall Malls or Winstons, drink nothing but Coors Light, nor do I hate any particular race or breed of people other than the stupid, arrogant and ignorant.

Trying to pin a certain behavior or sterotype on 'redneck' to me is like trying to pin down a certain behavior or sterotype on a 'yankee'. I know that not ALL people from north of Virginia talk like New Yorkers, are rude, cold and always in a hurry nor do they all have such tight assed opinions about everything in the world that they assume everyone else is wrong.

You ain't no Redneck.

The term I think you're looking for is Good'ole Boy.

A redneck is ignorant, narrow minded, and consumed with hate for those not like themselves. A Redneck will seek to ridicule and/or destroy anything it fears or cannot understand.

Although both Good'ole Boys and Rednecks have common interests such as NASCAR and country living, they are quite different. The basic difference is how they react with others. A Good'ole Boy, with proper Southern manners would make for a good, friendly polite considerate neighbor. On the other hand, a hate spewing Redneck, with rusted car parts in the yard and a rebel flag used as curtains would probably not be a neighbor that is easy to get along with.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
You ain't no Redneck.

The term I think you're looking for is Good'ole Boy.

A redneck is ignorant, narrow minded, and consumed with hate for those not like themselves. A Redneck will seek to ridicule and/or destroy anything it fears or cannot understand.

Although both Good'ole Boys and Rednecks have common interests such as NASCAR and country living, they are quite different. The basic difference is how they react with others. A Good'ole Boy, with proper Southern manners would make for a good, friendly polite considerate neighbor. On the other hand, a hate spewing Redneck, with rusted car parts in the yard and a rebel flag used as curtains would probably not be a neighbor that is easy to get along with.
That's it. That's the term that was escaping me. Thanks. I'd like to think that describes the kind of neighbor I am.

And as for beer, everyone should try some Lone Star once in their life, along with Abita Springs.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
That's it. That's the term that was escaping me. Thanks. I'd like to think that describes the kind of neighbor I am.

And as for beer, everyone should try some Lone Star once in their life, along with Abita Springs.
No, Im pretty sure 'good ole boys' tend to hold political office and often engage in clandestine business dealings at the Mason's lodge/Clan Meeting.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
While we're at it, let's not confuse Hillbillies with Mountain Folk.

Mountain Folk are just Good'ole Boys and Gals that live in the mountains.

Hillbillies are Rednecks that live in isolated areas in the mountains.