Quantcast

> Wake up, goddam it! <

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What a glorious day it will be. First skinny bike ride of the year is supposed to happen.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sup fatties! Present company includes of course; went to buy a fishing license and noticed they have me listed in the system as 145 lbs. That was...a while ago.

More WFH, more wading through the sea of confusion. At least I have blocked out time on my schedule this afternoon and tomorrow for me time, today I shall go fishing, tomorrow a ride on the hardtail.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
morning, 50* going to the mid 80s today. prime pollen season willow duff and grass pollens are in high season. the Respirator mask I wear for work is making my allergy life quite bearable so there is that

Espresso then off to virus land I go

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
At least I have blocked out time on my schedule this afternoon and tomorrow for me time, today I shall go fishing, tomorrow a ride on the hardtail.
We should hit the LLF on some nice evening. Hopefully traffic stays low for a while.

Morning. Meh. NOS limited release US-made knife arriving from Finland today. Last one I found on the nets.
Also, properly made sourdough rising for a pizza tonight. Next step - bread, a pot for baking has been ordered.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We should hit the LLF on some nice evening. Hopefully traffic stays low for a while.

Morning. Meh. NOS limited release US-made knife arriving from Finland today. Last one I found on the nets.
We should do that. Lemme see what next week looks like.

What did you pick up this time? I have an Opinel #7 carbon on the way, and a Helle Utvaer blank that needs to be handled. Its either going to be stabilized spalted maple or Dymalux cocobolo.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We should do that. Lemme see what next week looks like.

What did you pick up this time? I have an Opinel #7 carbon on the way, and a Helle Utvaer blank that needs to be handled. Its either going to be stabilized spalted maple or Dymalux cocobolo.
Nice! Is the blank ground and heat treated? I have an LT Wright Tautog incoming. Should work well in my stubby fingers.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hello!
Going to try to cram a day &1/2 worth of work into today and maybe take tomorrow off, haha let's see how that goes.

Since lockdown I've been playing my acoustic guitar a ton. Currently browsing for a new one, i'd like a Taylor 514ce

nice shit is expensive yo..
:fancy:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Work from home week 8ish??? Weather has been so up and down around here it's getting pretty fvckin annoying. Probably gonna go for a ride after work.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Hello!
Going to try to cram a day &1/2 worth of work into today and maybe take tomorrow off, haha let's see how that goes.

Since lockdown I've been playing my acoustic guitar a ton. Currently browsing for a new one, i'd like a Taylor 514ce

nice shit is expensive yo..
:fancy:
Give it a couple months. A whole lot of people gonna be selling their shit cheap soon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nice! Is the blank ground and heat treated? I have an LT Wright Tautog incoming. Should work well in my stubby fingers.
Oh yes, blade is completed short of a set of scales. Blade blank can be sourced for $60 through Ragweed Forge (https://www.ragweedforge.com/BladeCatalog.html#nor-blades). Great way to get into knife making if you don't want to invest the time and money into grinding your own stuff.

I also have some micarta I could put on there. Perhaps a forest green with an orange spacer? That would look neat.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Showing my Fox 36 fork to someone tomorrow, who sounds quite interested in buying it.

I think I've sold more stuff on Pinkbike since the start of all this Covid stuff, than I have over the last few years combined. Now if only someone would buy these damn shoes I have laying around.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Oh yes, blade is completed short of a set of scales. Blade blank can be sourced for $60 through Ragweed Forge (https://www.ragweedforge.com/BladeCatalog.html#nor-blades). Great way to get into knife making if you don't want to invest the time and money into grinding your own stuff.

I also have some micarta I could put on there. Perhaps a forest green with an orange spacer? That would look neat.
I dressed a blade and made a kydex sheath for it a long time ago, I made the scales from play-doh to match the blade pattern. It was a fun project.

1588773540579.png

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
When that Next Gen becomes a drawer queen let me know.
Been resisting drunk buying one since you got yours.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Meetings all day today.

Got document from Tesla to approve for solar and brakes just got slammed on. Their layout isn't hitting 75% of our usage and is accordingly 20% smaller than any other provider to hit our actual numbers. Unless they are using the dead lowest possible production numbers in their calculations, it doesn't make any sense. We our roof is due-South facing with no shade or blockage for light, so what they are saying makes zero sense. They also are saying warranty is 12-25 years, but don't give any info before the signature doc is provided. Not really surprised, but kind of surprised. Definitely a different process than how they handled things as Solar City.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Meetings all day today.

Got document from Tesla to approve for solar and brakes just got slammed on. Their layout isn't hitting 75% of our usage and is accordingly 20% smaller than any other provider to hit our actual numbers. Unless they are using the dead lowest possible production numbers in their calculations, it doesn't make any sense. We our roof is due-South facing with no shade or blockage for light, so what they are saying makes zero sense. They also are saying warranty is 12-25 years, but don't give any info before the signature doc is provided. Not really surprised, but kind of surprised. Definitely a different process than how they handled things as Solar City.
time to write some specs

1588775911160.png

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just buy it, it is a great knife. I'd prefer the blade to be 1/2" shorter but I don't think I am letting it go anytime soon. :D
I will but want a kydex sheath, ideally horizontal carry so it doesn’t show below my shirt. Gotta build a bike before I buy a $250 knife.